Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2023 7:44:36 PM EDT
I got back into shooting clays after a 16 year break. My club has a trap house but it's locked up except for club events. I need to get my own.

I'm looking at champion because they have the 2 axis wobble base and I think I see a way to (sorta) quickly switch it to just oscillating if I wanted plain trap shooting. The wheelybird 2.0 seems to be the most recommended and it has the faster cycle time but it's out of stock everywhere.

The other compatible electric model in stock is the workhorse which is a slower 2.5s cycle and doesn't include the remote. Total cost for this, the base and remote is about $564 shipped.

How do the various do-all models compare? I didn't really like the design of their wobble base but it does have a simple swap to go from 2 axis to just oscillating.

Any other brands where I can get these features in about the same price range? Atlas would be nice but it's about double the cost for the oscillating model and no 2 axis option.

Portability matters. I usually shoot by myself so I won't have help getting it in and out of the truck and I don't want to deal with getting my ramps out.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 1:08:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bnoji] [#1]
I ended up ordering the Champion Workhorse and wobble base combo. Now I need to make some parts to get it on wheels.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top