Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2021 8:02:23 AM EDT
If choosing a GLOCK for shooting various speed competitions does a short barrel gun run quicker on plates and targets then a longer barrel gun ?
Comparing 34 vs 17 vs 45.....

Or does it even matter
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 8:56:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Superluckycat] [#1]
The difference between a 17 and 34 will be negligible. You have a little more mass out front with a 34 which should equate to faster follow up shots but you're talking hundrendths of seconds.  I've shot both in competition and there wasn't a noticeable difference for me.  That said, most Production Glock shooters choose the 34 for the longer sight radius.  Unless it's your carry gun and you want to practice with it a G45 for competition use is dumb.  It offers nothing over a 17 or 34 except a shorter sight radius.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 8:22:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GimmeLibertee] [#2]
G34 all the way for the longer sight radius.  The slide cuts in the G34 result in the same weight slide as a G17.

I do prefer the way the G19X/G45 feels from a balance perspective, but I can't honestly say that I shoot it any better than the G34.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top