Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2017 10:24:34 PM EDT
I know of three that choked in one way or another this weekend a five dogs, two stock, one with problem solving parts.
I'm sure someone will ask details of exact problems they had, I don't know the details, but its 2017 and semi-auto SG's should work by now.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By glorifiedG:
I know of three that choked in one way or another this weekend a five dogs, two stock, one with problem solving parts.
I'm sure someone will ask details of exact problems they had, I don't know the details, but its 2017 and semi-auto SG's should work by now.
View Quote

Sure....

1) Sell 930
2) Buy Stoeger M3K
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 6:54:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Only place I know of is OR 3 Gun for upgraded 930 parts. What parts were in the modified gun?
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bigred200e:
Only place I know of is OR 3 Gun for upgraded 930 parts. What parts were in the modified gun?
View Quote
The one's you mentioned
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:37:00 AM EDT
[#4]
My 930 JM has been flawless cycling, but I did change a few parts before even firing it the first time.
OR3Gun's : Marine Tube Spacer, Follower and Recoil Spring Buffer.

You've gotta keep em clean though, at least that's what I've read.
I clean every 2 matches, or before an important one.
It's the cost of entry I guess, which I don't mind.

Lots of people overlook the gas rings when cleaning.
Also, I forget what the parts are called, but the spring and gas parts that do NOT come out of the barrel assembly, that area needs to be cleaned as well.

Also, when assembling, there is a little ring in said area that can get bound up causing failures. If there is ever resistance, when putting the barrel back on, start over and check everything.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Those 930s seem to have a lot of problems out of the box.  My nephew is still fighting with his after 3 matches or so.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#6]

The one's you mentioned
View Quote
Too bad. The 930 reputation for being so temperamental is why I went 1301.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the feedback.
I don't have one, but might swing a good deal one one in the future.
I'll be honest and say this, I'm a bit disappointed in JM still keeping his good name associated with it (but that's his business).
I'm just a nobody occasional 3gunner, but I'd like to think if I was anywhere near as good and sponsored by them, I'd tell them to recall and fix it, or send out parts for free to fix it, or I'm walking away.
I know lots of people say theirs run perfect, but I doubt people would just make these issues up if they just ran as advertised (they'd be too happy shooting to complain).
Not my complaint yet so....
And yes, other guns are a good solution to a problem one could so easily avoid.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 5:11:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the feedback.
I don't have one, but might swing a good deal one one in the future.
I'll be honest and say this, I'm a bit disappointed in JM still keeping his good name associated with it (but that's his business).
I'm just a nobody occasional 3gunner, but I'd like to think if I was anywhere near as good and sponsored by them, I'd tell them to recall and fix it, or send out parts for free to fix it, or I'm walking away.
I know lots of people say theirs run perfect, but I doubt people would just make these issues up if they just ran as advertised (they'd be too happy shooting to complain).
Not my complaint yet so....
And yes, other guns are a good solution to a problem one could so easily avoid.
View Quote
Spend a few bucks more and buy a better shotgun that runs. It sucks trying to learn 3 gun with a shotgun that refuses to run. Just because the Mossbrg and Stoiger are cheaper you will spend a bit of money and time getting them to work.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I have never had any issues with mine ...cleaning it is the #1 key.  Its not hard to clean.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:46:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MEDIC-0372:
I have never had any issues with mine ...cleaning it is the #1 key.  Its not hard to clean.
View Quote
I believe you and others that say the same, but are you saying people that have issues with them are lying or just don't know how to clean them? If everyone's worked fine, nobody would complain they'd brag.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:02:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MEDIC-0372] [#11]

I believe you and others that say the same, but are you saying people that have issues with them are lying or just don't know how to clean them? If everyone's worked fine, nobody would complain they'd brag.
View Quote
...not really.  I am not sure what all the issues are from.  Prior to getting mine I spoke with the factory rep and he stated that most of the JM Pros that have been returned to the factory due to issues were not ever cleaned.  He told me that this gun must be cleaned prior to use and then shoot about 200 to 300 rounds thru it and clean it again.  There is a video on the Mossberg web sight with Jerry himself showing how to clean it.

The last big 3 Gun match that I was in this past summer there were a couple other JM Pro's and mine.  None  us had any issue but there were a few other brand guns that had issue.  I was actually shocked by all the issues but the two JM Pro's ran great.

All I know is that mine has never had an issue and I've shot a lot of shells thru it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 11:06:51 PM EDT
[#12]
i would start by shooting some buckshot through it to break it in if they're still "new", then I would call mossberg if it didn't help
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 2:25:04 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a 930 SPX (never used in a match, but shot a lot) and a 940 JM Pro - never had an issue with either.  The 940 doesn’t have anywhere near as many rounds through it, but even when my daughters (the youngest is 12) shoot it, it cycles fine.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#14]
The OR3gun parts work and the biggest thing is ammo selection.  Winchester AA or something with a smooth hull works really good for me. Slugs that have been good have been the federal low recoil or the fiocchi JM slugs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top