Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2023 9:55:47 PM EDT
Son needs some new spectacles for competition, I’m leaning to some Ranger AI lenses (and frames.) Buy once, cry once sorta thing. Anything else (other than Pelas,) I should look at?
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy the best eyeware you can afford. I've been hit in my shooting glasses dozens of times.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 10:03:39 PM EDT
[#2]
If I didn’t wear prescriptions I would buy the chap clear kind and throw them away when enevitably get scratched.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 11:57:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By YankeeDog357:
If I didn’t wear prescriptions I would buy the chap clear kind and throw them away when enevitably get scratched.
View Quote

Yeah this is where I historically line up as well.  Is there really a difference though with the clarity, having no experience with the Ranger react lenses i have an open mind. $300 bills is a lot for non prescriptions.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 6:04:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lasnyder] [#4]
since cataract surgery, I've been able to use ballistic rated polycarbonate lenses... currently Wiley X Saber Advanced... I use amber lenses (not yellow) for Steel Challenge... they make the white painted steel targets really stand out against the sand background of my primary range... I use a green reticle Holosun 510c and the amber makes the green take on a neon hue... a pair of clear for very overcast and a pair of dark smoke for into the sun driving....

it was somewhat difficult to find the darker amber lens, mine  came from Scheels ... lenses are a PIA to change out so I have several complete sets... I ordered only the single lens and not the 3 lens set below, but wanted to show the amber tint model in the picture

https://www.scheels.com/p/wiley-x-saber-advanced-shooting-sunglasses/71231600315.html
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 6:15:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sorionc] [#5]
Were them for work and shooting.  Out of the dozens I've tried these are by far the best. Lens attaches to frame at single point. They're flexible and extremely light and comfy. Work better with muffs than others.
everyone I know has switched to them.  
Eta. Cheap and very scratch resistant
uvex by Honeywell protege

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 3/25/2023 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 2:37:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Hoser:
Decot with the international nosepiece are the best I have used.
View Quote

^^^This^^^
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I use a cheap large pair of prescription glasses.
I may look like 70's Elton John, but my eyes are safe.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I have owned and used Decot, Ranger, Oakley, and Pilla.  

Pilla is light years ahead of the rest as far as optical clarity.  Decot is a very distant second.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:24:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Hoser:
Decot with the international nosepiece are the best I have used.
View Quote

^^^This^^^
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 10:23:59 PM EDT
[#11]
An update.

I ended up with a RE Ranger Falcon Pro with their Aiact lens. So far I’m quite impressed, for the Pillas I’ve seen they’re easily on par and their Aiact lens is very adaptable. For those not aware they have three ‘shades’ of Aiact lenses, IMO optical clarity is better than their normal line.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top