Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2024 10:56:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kabic]
I have shot some IDPA.  That club i shhot IDPA is adding PCSL and I'm planning on going to the first match.  Thus is a 1 gun match

What kind d of differences can I expect?

What I think I know:
1. Higher round count
2. No use of concealment
3. I can start with pistol locked and locked
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:07:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCER] [#1]
Had to look it up.  Interesting.  I would go, cause happiness is a warm gun.
Report back with an AAR.

Looks like a USPSA 2 gun kinda thing.  IDPA allows cocked/locked,
What do you mean by that?

Your club is already a perfect fit for PCSL if it currently runs a successful USPSA, IDPA, 3-Gun, or similar match. See below for information on rules, divisions, and scoring.

Guidance on topics like stage design, best match directing practices, and sample stage videos will be coming soon. For now, the best way to get involved is to volunteer at your local club and learn from shooters who have a history of quality match directing and experience being range officers. Even if your club has not yet had a chance to try out a PCSL match, volunteering and getting involved in the match formats that they do already offer is the best way to advance practical shooting sports as a whole.

On club affiliation:

PCSL will never require clubs to affiliate in order to use the ruleset, format, targets, or divisions.
Later in 2024, PCSL will introduce an optional club affiliation program at a fair value that will allow clubs to participate in PCSL’s classification system for competitors - a feature  which has been the number one requested item throughout 2023. See our road map for more details.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
The intro video makes it look very USPSA.  Watch the vid, I hope you don’t have the clay launcher stage lol.

https://www.pcsleague.us/
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:54:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kabic] [#3]
IDPA allows locked and cocked for single action 1911 like guns.

For my CZ75 clone they always made me decock it..which means pulling the trigger and dropping the hammer slowly.

I eventually got  P01 with decocker that I now use with IDPA.  I want to use the clone for PCSL.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:58:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DVCER:
The intro video makes it look very USPSA.  Watch the vid, I hope you don’t have the clay launcher stage lol.

https://www.pcsleague.us/
View Quote

This is a pistol only match so my bets are on no clay launcher.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:19:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCER] [#5]
Originally Posted By Kabic:

This is a pistol only match so my bets are on no clay launcher.
View Quote

We had one outlaw match that used the clay launcher.  It was behind a pepper popper, and when it fell it shot the bird straight up about 20’.  It was also a bonus target, no penalty for missing.

The 23 IDPA rules allow you to use the P01 cocked/locked if it has a safety and allow us to use the decock lever if so equipped.
That was to sketch having to manually decock.

If they want to say we’ve always done it this way, show them this.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DVCER:

We had one outlaw match that used the clay launcher.  It was behind a pepper popper, and when it fell it shot the bird straight up about 20’.  It was also a bonus target, no penalty for missing.

The 23 IDPA rules allow you to use the P01 cocked/locked if it has a safety and allow us to use the decock lever if so equipped.
That was to sketch having to manually decock.

If they want to say we’ve always done it this way, show them this.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/857/IMG_0836_png-3165176.JPG

View Quote

Same rules for Service Pistol?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:57:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCER] [#7]
Sadly, no.  Why IDK.

Attachment Attached File

I have shot SSP with a 75 manual safety and hate lowering that hammer.  Now I use a decock SP01 in that division.

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Yea, if you want to shoot a DA/SA pistol with a safety like the CZ in SSP, you've always had to manually decock it and start in DA condition.  Just the rule in that division, probably based on the idea of "service" pistols having heavy DA triggers.  Of course, that goes out the window with striker type guns and all that, but thems the rules.  

Also pay attention to the wording between A.1.2.2 vs A.1.2.3.  If the gun has a decocker, you typically have the hammer resting on a half-cock notch when it's decocked.  If you don't have that and have to manually lower the hammer, you actually have to lower it all the way down, past the half-cock notch.  Meaning you're at an arguable disadvantage there because you'll have a slightly heavier first DA pull being fully down vs. shooters starting at a half-cock.

You can use the safety, but it kicks you into ESP or CCP division, both of which also allow a lot of customization and optimization to the pistol, so you may or may not feel competitive there with a stock gun, YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:05:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Apparently a high of 37 and 95% chance of snow is not competition weather...match has been canceled.   I have to wait another month to see what PCSL is about.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Kabic:
Apparently a high of 37 and 95% chance of snow is not competition weather...match has been canceled.   I have to wait another month to see what PCSL is about.
View Quote

I quite enjoy the PCSL matches. One of the local clubs runs them frequently. Yeah you somewhat lose out on getting classified, but the clubs seem happier to host them without paying the fee.
The targets are pretty cool as well. I honestly prefer them over the tried and true USPSA targets.
I'm interested to try a 2 gun match, as they have already established that brown paper is for pistol, white paper for rifle, with various colors for no shoot zones. So you can potentially end up doing a stage "twice", running through the first
time with a pistol, then going backwards with a rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top