Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2022 1:36:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Slu54]
I got a new to me WOA NM A2 upper sighted in today. Need some help as this is the first NM-type upper I've used:

+ What is the per click angle on rear sight windage? How many MOA per windage click?
+ What is the per rotation angle on front sight post? I don't know if this thread is finer than a regular A2 FSP. I have a tapered 0.052" FSP, so it only times once per full rotation. How many MOA per rotation?
+ I think rear sight elevation is 0.5 MOA per click, correct me if I'm wrong.

I am roughly sighted in at 100yds but I'm about 1 MOA right (the rear is mechanically dead center) and 1/3 MOA high, I don't know the best way to adjust dead center.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 1:45:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ziarifleman] [#1]
The front sight gives a little less than 5 MOA per revolution.

WOA uses, or used to anyway, an elevation wheel that was 1/2 MOA on one side and 1/4 MOA on the other. You could disassemble them and have it whichever way you like.

Windage was either 1/2 or 1/4, depending on how you ordered it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:21:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#2]
Call them
I selected 1/4 MOA but I think most are 1/2 MOA.
Their WhiteOak Precision website has a lot of info on it. Link. Pinned rear sight, they also have non—pinned
Here
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:33:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Slu54] [#3]
Thanks both of you.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Urimaginaryfrnd:
Call them
I selected 1/4 MOA but I think most are 1/2 MOA.
Their WhiteOak Precision website has a lot of info on it. Link. Pinned rear sight, they also have non—pinned
Here
View Quote

Damn I didn't even notice those set screws, good call on the website, should've read that before going out. Rear sight is pinned.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Most sights are 1/4 x 1/4 or 1/2 x 1/2

Front sight full rotation is about 1.75 moa if I remember right. NM front sights are generally sloped so you have to go full rotation up or down.

I've always come up 2-3 min from bottom on rear and adjusted front for 200 elevation zero.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#5]
5 MOA per front revolution.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 6:37:44 AM EDT
[#6]
As previously mentioned, one complete turn of the front sight blade is 5 moa.
Jon
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 7:06:37 AM EDT
[#7]
You probably can’t adjust to dead center windage without rotating your front sight base, which is a laborious and hit or miss process when you’re that close.
I think you just have to accept mechanical zero is two or four clicks left depending on click adjustment.
Same with elevation,
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 5:12:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Mechanical zero is not an absolute. It is a starting point for fine-tuning.
Jon
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Just remember when setting mechanical zero move the front site toward the strike, a small rubber mallet can be useful in getting/keeping the site flush against the set screws when making very small turn adjustments, 1/8 turn. If you can get within 4 clicks you've done pretty well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top