Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2022 4:31:23 PM EDT
Hello I got this super clean stroller for $20 locally.  I need a better way to transport my heavy ass , everything but the kitchen sink, range bag and cooler.  I had been using a plain old hand cart which sucks as everything falls off and I'm basically dragging its small wheels through the gravel areas at most ranges.  So I'd like to mount a shelf onto it somehow (allowing access to the bottom "soft" compartment) and I'm drawing a blank on how to do that. I really need to be able to fold it up too.  My first thought was to cut off the appendages from the canopy and front "bar"  Maybe use them somehow?  Hey if anyone has any ideas and or pics please chime in!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/10/2022 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged for info.  I did a match yesterday with a lot of walking in 102 heat.  Range bag and a cooler are a lot of extra work.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 6:03:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

just put ATV gun holders in the cup holders and the muzzle goes down and the butt in holder gear in bottom.  The
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey thanks but I'm not a multigunner (at least right now lol)  I just want this for carrying my too heavy range bag and a cooler.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 10:46:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DVCER:
Tagged for info.  I did a match yesterday with a lot of walking in 102 heat.  Range bag and a cooler are a lot of extra work.
View Quote
Yea and hell on the shoulders! lol
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#5]
You'll have to build you a "seat" since yours doesn't have one. I want to say I remember seeing one made with plywood on Enos but with the price of OSB you could probably buy a new stroller.

Here are my winter cart and summer cart. Not pictured is the cooler that mounts to the front.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 6:47:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RAngry] [#6]
Saw a gun cart /stroller on Ebay and it gave me the concept on how to mount a board.  I used wood instead of steel plate but the concept is the same.  Works fantastic!

Attachment Attached File

Mine finished:

Attachment Attached File

Added a front "stay" piece, rounded the edges/corners then stained the wood parts tactical black!  Total expenditure $40

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:53:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCER] [#7]
Originally Posted By RAngry:
Saw a gun cart /stroller on Ebay and it gave me the concept on how to mount a board.  I used wood instead of steel plate but the concept is the same.  Works fantastic!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/6481/s-l1604_jpg-2457969.JPG

Mine finished:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/6481/Finished1__jpg-2457970_JPG-2457985.JPG

Added a front "stay" piece, rounded the edges/corners then stained the wood parts tactical black!  Total expenditure $40

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/6481/Finished_2_jpg-2457971.JPG

View Quote

Well done!  I’m stealing that idea.   We cover some ground at my club.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/25/2022 5:53:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RAngry] [#8]
Originally Posted By DVCER:

Well done!  I'm stealing that idea.   We cover some ground at my club.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/857/15A99A11-57CE-4E87-B6DC-0039B4D5E4DA_jpe-2458149.JPG

View Quote
Right on!  I stole it too lol   PS your club is much more scenic than mine!  Wow!
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:39:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lasnyder] [#9]
I decided at the onset of the cart build to make it as modular as possible. so I stripped all the canvas to bare chassis... at the time I was driving an Explorer Sport so kept the folding capability, later ran a couple of bolts through the hinge mechanism when I switched to the Tacoma...original step was the length placement of the double ATV gun rack to match the Benelli and AR, I wore my pistol, mag pouches, shotshell trays on a 2" Uncle Mikes duty rig, and over the shoulder single Sam Browne shotgun loop belt for slugs or buckshot in case there were intermixed targets on the stage... I use inexpensive aluminum snap links to attach bags, and trial fit the location with stainless screw clamps and split rings for attachment points...I use heavy duty contractor type tool bags with heavy handle webbing... the weight of the ammunition hanging between the rails and partially supported by the axle...soft sided cooler in the original foot rest platform.. I did not want the cart to wheel stand

my original 3 gun cart has been repurposed to a Steel Challenge cart... the attachment points are now fixed, and are1/4" eye bolts... the snap links are on the bags themselves... GI mechanic's bag, trauma kit, soft sided cooler... I don't carry that much ammo weight any longer.... more creature comfort was added, a Ridgid battery powered contractor fan, attached on a bar between the rails fairly centered, so it can be attached pointing forward or aft, depending on which way the range is facing...to hold a 7' beach umbrella,  a PVC tube with a "U" shaped cut to center over the axle and a pair of  stainless screw clamps( figure 8)  to attach it to the side rail tube.. angled outboard so that direct overhead sunlight fall to the side, not directly on the cart...a 24" folding stool allows me to "roll off" and ease my knee... a loading tray was added to the umbrella support
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top