Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2014 11:49:14 AM EDT
I'm not a pro... but having an extra (dry) towel to cover your long guns while on the cart, or for the preloaded shotgun sitting on a bench in the sun is an asset... this last weekend at the Area 6 multi gun match in Frostproof, Fla., the heat was brutal... the range has completely covered spectator areas for the carts, but most of the preload tables were in the sun... black guns get pretty darn hot

secondly... if you are on the wrong side of 65, one of the folding stools from WalMart is an asset...sits high enough you don't have to work that hard to get up to paste and set steel
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 9:45:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Great Tips.  Up here in Northern California, It can get up in the high 90's and the low 100 degrees.  A week ago, I was at a match and saw one guy doing the exact same thing, covering up his long guns with a towel.

In regards to the folding chair, my buddy let me sit in his.  It was a small tripod one but had a small back rest which was much more comfortable than the one's without a back rest.  Just a thought.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 11:27:10 PM EDT
[#2]
dart... the stool I have is about 24" tall and folds flat...from WalMart for about $20.... rides easily on my stroller based cart
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I will have to take a look at it as I do need one.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 10:32:54 PM EDT
[#4]
dart... I posted a pic in the gear section of this forum
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 10:46:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Universal Shooting Academy just added a bunch more pavillions right before Area 6, which is really nice. At the monthly matches there is plenty of space under them. At big matches, not so much. I even bring a 10ft x 10ft pop up pavillion with me to matches sometimes. I carry 2 older Shemaghs in my range bag to cover the guns on my cart when there isn't enough shade to put the cart under. They can get to hot to handle very quickly in Florida.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Shade is cool. Firing those guns they will get hot...

Heat will effect performance. Some guys do not clean after seasoning to keep it real.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top