Glenwood Springs?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dirtyboy:
Originally Posted By hbilly:
tuberculosis, need to go to a sanitarium

Glenwood Springs?

I used to live in Basalt, at least I’m familiar with the area.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Used to. I got a new job and it went away.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Sinus drainage? Perhaps a script for Fluticasone or Flonase wuld help?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:57:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Tejas1836:

ACE inhibitors in general
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tejas1836:
Originally Posted By Logcutter:
Are you, by any chance, taking Lisinopril?

ACE inhibitors in general

Yep some meds talk about this side effects as well as diarrhea, headaches, etc.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:58:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RealityCheck0311] [#5]
I've had one for 2 weeks.

No other symptoms except a tightness in my chest and a little rattle.

Just a dry cough that often gets worse when laying down.

Exercise, eat healthy, etc.. Just refuses to go away.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Dealing with the same crap. Tried zyrtec for allergies. Getting really really old
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Dang that first post thing.

Me: I have a dry cough ever since I started Lisinopril
Doc: That's not a side effect
Me: Change meds

Within 48hrs of switching to Losartan cough was gone.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:43:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prezboi44] [#8]
Originally Posted By GREENMACHINE1:
Have had it, got a suppressant the docs call pearls binzo something that would suppress the urge to cough, but it was around 2 months and then one day it vanished.
No idea and no additional meds taken.
Had 2-3 team members that had the same, cough not -reductive, and no other symptoms. There a month or so and then gone.
View Quote

Tessalon Perles. It numbs the lungs.

It really is a long slog to get rid of whatever is going around.

I suggest salt-water nasal flush in the shower every day.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Caught the China bug back in the fall. Had the dry cough for several months. Steroids, antibiotics, cough suppressants, etc… nothing helped.  Slowly went away, but I still have what I would call shallow breathing.  It’s like my normal breathing just got cut in half.  
I’ve been snoring badly since then as well. About to do a sleep study and follow up at my doc.  But the cough comes back on occasion for no reason at all.  I’ll have that shallow breathing and the cough hit and last several hours.

Sleeping in my recliner I sometimes feel like a truck is parked on my chest now.  Due to back issues, depending on it I’ve worked hard around the home that day, (retired)  have to get up around 2:30-3:30 am and sleep in the recliner a few hours a night lately.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:52:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I get a cough from allergies about once every 5-6 years.  I usually need a z-pack antibiotics to get over it.  It doesn't make sense, Last time was the beginning of the pandemic, awful time to be coughing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:04:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rcav8r] [#12]
I caught a cold from my wife a couple of weeks ago. I go to work on Monday, developing a cough, tues-thur I call in sick because I'm utterly exhausted, no appetite. I go to the urgent care on Thursday. Lungs clear, etc. just a bad chest cold. Took a regular day off on Friday. Back to work Monday. Still have a cough but it's getting better and less frequent. UC gave me a stronger decongestant.

Normally, if I get a cold bad enough, I'll take one day off and back to work the next day with OTC decongestants. But this one really wacked me.

Based on past experience, I may have a cough until the weather warms up.

ETA; Wife had a relapse of sorts. Dr gave her z pac and inhaler, which she wound up not using.
She often catches stuff from her daycare kids or other staff members, but she said there were no absences after.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:11:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Had one for as long as I can remember.

Shit I feel coughing fit coming on now..... Hang on while I put this cigarette down and grab a tissue.
Roy
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
I'm going on a month now, but I have a deep rattle in my chest.

Doc said pneumonia but the meds aren't really doing anything.

Coughing so hard my ribs hurt and getting pulled muscles
View Quote

Same. Started with a terrible sore throat for two days then dropped strait into the lungs. Had phlegm cough for a month. Weird. Before this haven’t even had a cold for over three years, healthy as hell.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:15:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Bravo_Six:

The timing is uncanny, isn't it?

Kind of like what happened exactly 4 years ago.

Might as well be on the safe side and make a run over to Tractor Supply.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/128932/1000000543_jpg-3199560.JPG
View Quote

My wife started the paste when she felt like she got what I had. She never got it close to what I did.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Try Advair prescription.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Some blood-pressure medicine cause cough.  My doctor changed it and it went away.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:59:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By NoImpactNoIdea:
I have had a persistent cough with no other symptoms a few times in the past and my PCP recommended that I try to take Tagament.  Its an OTC heart burn pill but an off label use is persistent cough.  Worth a shot.
View Quote

Dr told me the two common causes for chronic cough were GERD and allergies.
Gave me Flonase, Prilosec, and an allergy pill in an attempt to prove/rule out those causes.

Turned out to be GERD, Prilosec was what fixed it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:02:24 AM EDT
[#19]
I had a mild cold three months ago. The worst of it was over in a day, just had a lingering cough. That cough lasted two months.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Covid cough persisted a long time for me...about 6 months.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
My wife has had one since we got Covid in the fall, and it's driving me crazy. I've told her to go to the doctor to see if she needs an inhaler or something.

"It's just allergies"

Fine, don't listen to the guy that's had asthma since he was born. The longer you let the inflammation sit in there the longer it takes to get it out. Some steroids might knock it right out no problem.
View Quote

Around Idk July - Sept/Oct last year I had a bad cough I couldn't shake and some of my relatives got it too and we're here in the US. Several people told me it was allergies cuz we live around a lot of bush here....

Idk, I wonder if the bushes went wild with letting off allergens in response to the freeze that happened last year....We'll see what happens this year.

And nope, nothing worked. Now, we did try a lot of over the counter allergy/cold medicines and only when I sought a prescription solution, things improved.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By dirtyboy:

Glenwood Springs?
View Quote

What y’all did, I see there.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Melatonin,  quercetin , bromelain .

If GERD I'd recommend staying far away from PPIs and try to boost stomach acid .
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#24]
My wife and I have both had it going on 6 weeks now. Had covid in Jan but neither of us were very sick from it. I've been on two rounds of prednisone and a round of antibiotics as well due to immune issues. No affect. Still coughing, worse in mornings and at night of course. Thick mucus but not a lot of it for some reason. I thought maybe it was allergies because the tree pollen here has been horrendous lately. I've had allergy issues but never like this so I don't think it is that. Plus I take allergy meds daily. I also irrigate my sinuses in morning and evening with Alkalol to loosen it up.

https://news.yahoo.com/fda-report-finds-traces-bird-023629871.html

A news report on the radio stated that it has been found in 20% of the commercial tested milk supply. I was wondering if it is possible that it is kicking in an immune response from people causing these kinds of symptoms.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Take a Z pack. Technically it shouldn’t work, and yet it does. My wife literally just had to do that and we both had to do it last year when we couldn’t get rid of a cough that stuck around forever.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Many good thoughts here:

1> Long coughs are not likely "infections" but they can be due to post infectious bronchospasm.  This means that after an acute infection, the airways remain reactive, like asthma and the spasm leads to cough.
Treatment: Quick, short (4-7 days) burst of prednisone.

2> GERD. Has has been mentioned, "silent reflux", the occurrence of acid coming back up from the stomach into the esophagus and over into the trachea and vocal cords, again cause spasm of the cords and cough is extremely common.  It is enhanced by foods that increase reflux (LONG LIST), eating late, large meals and alcohol (relaxes the esophageal sphincter making it easier for food to go back out of the stomach the wrong way).
Treatment: Dietary, and Medication: Pepcid, Prilosce, etc.

These are the two most likely, most treatable reasons for "chronic cough"

All the best.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top