Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2024 2:39:06 PM EDT
Going to a class B uniform with an exterior vest/equip carrier. I need ideas:

Brand of carrier you use, pics of setup, please!

I’m thinking gun and tazer only on duty belt, everything else on the carrier… but I’m not sure…
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 3:03:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry you haven't gotten any responses.

I haven't worked LE in a few years. I have an external set up for guard work, but I assume you don't want to see that.

Not much room on these things, and you wind up getting a lot of weight up front and nothing in the back.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 3:21:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Point Blank brand outer carrier. Custom made for my IIIA soft armor with room for level IV plates (worn every day).

Per policy, I can only have taser and radio on the outer carrier. I recently moved my taser back to the belt.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:07:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wolfpacktac] [#3]
Double mag pouch on the left, radio pouch further on the left. Handcuffs on the right (I also cram a pair of latex gloves in the handcuff pouch behind the cuffs) TQ further on the right. Backup flashlight on the front left side. In the zippered pockets I have my money clip in one, a notepad in another and sticker badges for the kids in another.

Taser on the duty belt weak side cross draw. Pistol on the duty belt right side.

Safariland carrier. A very subjective subject. I've never seen two set up identical. Fwiw I travel light.

Stay safe.

This is the model we have and I like it.
https://safariland.com/products/bothel-overt-carrier/

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:33:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, all… I went with the Point Blank Guardian, Molle lower section, zipper pockets up to top.

I like how this one is set up:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wolfpacktac:
Double mag pouch on the left, radio pouch further on the left. Handcuffs on the right (I also cram a pair of latex gloves in the handcuff pouch behind the cuffs) TQ further on the right. Backup flashlight on the front left side. In the zippered pockets I have my money clip in one, a notepad in another and sticker badges for the kids in another.

Taser on the duty belt weak side cross draw. Pistol on the duty belt right side.

Safariland carrier. A very subjective subject. I've never seen two set up identical. Fwiw I travel light.

Stay safe.

This is the model we have and I like it.
https://safariland.com/products/bothel-overt-carrier/

View Quote

That’s sounds like what I was thinking… swap TQ and tazer in that photo I posted…
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:01:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Left to right looking at me. Cuffs, radio, tq, rifle mag pouch that is primarily a flashlight pouch. That is all that is allowed per policy.

Practice getting in and out of your car and grabbing stuff in awkward positions before your first shift using it. And make sure nothing blocks your mag pouches when sitting or bending over. Just remember if your moving mags off your belt you may have a lot of muscle memory to rebuild.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:32:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm currently running a Point Blank Maverick, but ordered a Guardian today with a zipper front, two uniform pockets, and MOLLE along the bottom front. I carry a small NAR ROO IFAK on my right side, along with a flashlight pouch. On the left side I have an admin pouch that holds 1 magazine, cuffs, and other random items (notebook, Narcan, etc).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top