Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 4/27/2024 11:56:40 PM EDT
I always thought it would be cool to visit the location where Magua had his last fight in Last of the Mohicans.

Any of you ever vist a non-studio scene location of one of your favorite movies?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:01:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup, every film scene location in Red Dawn.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:01:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I worked security for the special effects trailer during filming of The Crazies. Part of it was filmed locally, so I see the location often. It was interesting to see how they utilized local places and items for the movie.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:02:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I went to Old Tucson Studios for a highschool TV production field trip.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:05:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I live in the town where they filmed Twin Peaks.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:05:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:
View Quote
elaborate more please sir.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:05:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:05:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Many times in different parts of L.A. and San Diego. Also off-roading in the SoCal deserts has put me on locations of countless car/truck commercials.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:07:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Es, both for Hap and Leonard and The Watchmen.
Had to do a detour for two weeks in Cedartown for the Watchmen.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:07:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes, quite a bit. I work in Albuquerque so a ton of different stuff has been shot all around my office. Sicario and breaking bad are probably the most famous though. This is where Netflix home base is as well. See a ton of shoots going around town all the time.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:07:46 AM EDT
[#10]

ETA: Also Del Amo mall where a lot of Bad Santa was filmed
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:08:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:
View Quote

I would love to do that as well as go to the town from First Blood.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:08:50 AM EDT
[#12]
The tree from Hang Him High was a few miles from my childhood home until some dumb fuck cut it down.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:08:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mike_48] [#13]
Escape from New York, filmed largely in 3-4 locations in the St. Louis/East St. Louis area.  I even got to meet that guy that shot Kurt Russell in the leg with an arrow.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:09:43 AM EDT
[#14]
My friend in junior high was on a family vacation in Mexico and visited the area where the waterfall scene of Predator was filmed. I was mad jelly.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:09:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:09:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Several areas from “In the Heat of the Night!”
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:10:16 AM EDT
[#17]
A month or so ago, i was in Lone Pine CA. From there you can drive thru the locations where hundreds of Western movies were filmed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:10:35 AM EDT
[#18]
The Goldfield Hotel in Goldfield, NV.  Super Soul (Clevon Little) broadcast his show from the bottom corner closest to the camera in the move, Vanishing Point.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:10:46 AM EDT
[#19]
I've been to the Monroeville Mall outside of Pittsburgh where the older Dawn of the Dead was filmed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:10:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Lived a few blocks over from the corner of Hollywood and Highland for 7 years.

S.W.A.T.: Montel Nearly Escapes Custody (Colin Farrell, Olivier Martinez Scene)

Watched this actually being filmed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:12:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Probably, but I don't seek them out.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:12:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Used to work across the street from the location of the  Innetech office from “Office Space”.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:12:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Fort Knox, KY where they filmed part of Stripes, Devil's Tower, WY from Close Encounters and there are some parts of Savannah, GA in Forrest Gump.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:13:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dynamo] [#24]
I've been to many film locations of Dazed and Confused since it was filmed in Austin.

- The HS in the movie was the junior HS that I went to.  I took Industrial Arts (aka shop class) in the same shop class in the movie.
- The football field where they are goofing off on was filmed at Burger Center.  I've been on that field many times in HS.
- I've eaten many times at Top Notch which is still open.
- The scene where the HS senior girls are hazing the freshman girls was filed at the old Americana theater, now a public library.  It's the theater where I saw Top Gun back in the day.

I've been to the VLA in NM from the movie Contact.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:13:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Just airports, train stations, and NYC. Walking from Times Square to Central Park you see so many places that have been used in movies.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:13:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By bullsi191145:
Used to work across the street from the location of the  Innetech office from “Office Space”.
View Quote

You mean what was left of it?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:14:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#27]
Quite a few, was a member of IATSE, worked films like Lone Wolf McQuade, and The Border.
Met Norris, Carradine, Carrera, and Nicholson.
Also a lot of rock concerts.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:15:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Dealy Plaza

Also, the obstacle course run by Jodie Foster in Silence of the Lambs was the E course we ran at Quantico
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:15:02 AM EDT
[#29]
The plantation from the green mile is near my house.  It is dilapidated something terrible.  You can seriously look inside through the missing part of the front facing wall to the inside of the house.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:18:37 AM EDT
[#30]
One of the National Lampoons Vacation movies with Chevy Chase. It’s the movie that kinda starts out where he’s upset because every day when the mailman drives by the mail truck is smoking and backfiring. He drives around in this little convertible car.

There’s a scene in the movie where he drives down the ramp into the Brownsville Dam swimming area in VT.

I saw the movie once back when I was a kid. Forgot all about the movie. Went swimming while on a family vacation at the Brownsville Dam. I got Deja Vu when walking out of the water and looking up at the driveway ramp.

About a week after returning home we sat down with the kids to watch that movie. Paused the movie to explain the connection to the kids, after I had noticed it. Was a pretty cool experience to realize it later and be able to share it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:19:52 AM EDT
[#31]
I live and work in NYC it's hard to avoid places that have been in movies.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:21:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Requiem] [#32]
I am near Savannah... so yes.  Many many movies filmed here.  Most notably Forrest Gump.  (bench scene is in downtown Sav.  The running scene is just outside of Sav.  Jenny's restaurant was in downtown, etc)
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:21:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Steel Magnolias. Lived down the street from Annelle’s house.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:22:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By twistedcomrade:
elaborate more please sir.
View Quote

Las Vegas New Mexico.

The train station, the town square/playground, the ambush sites, the building with the cowgirl mural, the drive-in prisoner holding,(all still there)  The site of the gas station scene, (just a field now, the building was fake) The opening school paratrooper scene area  was developed and not really recognizable anymore.

Good friends and family are extras in the military parade scene thru town. (the scowling old ladies behind the fence)
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:23:06 AM EDT
[#35]
A few places in Montana and here in AK.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:24:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Was on the set of Warning Signs, old school

Been in the jail that held the Fratelli brother, also saw the haystack rocks, didn't have any doubloons to find the path

Stayed in the house and on the property where Terror Birds was filmed

Stood on the steps of The Stanley Hotel
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:24:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Rogue-Sasquatch:
I live in the town where they filmed Twin Peaks.
View Quote

I've drank in the bar from Northern Exposure
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:25:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Several of the sites around Cleveland where scenes for "The Deer Hunter" and "The Avengers" were filmed.

The cheesefest "Double Dragon" had the river chase scene filmed in Cleveland too.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:26:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: John-in-austin] [#39]
Originally Posted By mr_o:

I would love to do that as well as go to the town from First Blood.
View Quote

It's quite easy, Las Vegas is a pretty damn small town even today.  Very few of the buildings have changed much in appearance and all the locatons are only minutes apart.   The building that had the anti-aircraft  gun on the roof is in the corner of the town square. Directly across the street from the snow covered park in the final death scene.

The hotel scene with the big staircase in "No Country For Old Men"?  Las Vegas hotel (The Plaza) as well.  It's still a functional hotel and we stay there on visits.
The Most Intense Scene in Cinema History
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:27:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Living in California I’ve driven by several. The area where the train trestle used to be in Dirty Harry, Lost Boys scene areas, San Francisco in general, some areas in Southern California popular with movies and in the desert. Also NYC, Kings Park mental hospital, etc.

Don’t even think much of it anymore. I’ll occasionally recognize something and that’s that.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:28:31 AM EDT
[#41]
I didn't know at the time I was living there, but King Pin was filmed a lot around the Pittsburgh area. I bowled at this place that was a former warehouse where the bowling alley was on I think the third floor. The other floors were abandoned and you had to walk up these rickety old stairs to get there. There was a door going up the steps to access a large room on the second floor and the door was open. The room was just filled with dust and cobwebs and a single old school one piece school deskin the middle. Something straight out of a horror movie.

It was where Roy Munson got his hand cut off in the ball return.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:28:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tortilla-flats] [#42]
The fountain from the opening scene of the sitcom Friends.

Then found out the fountain in Central Park isn't it.

ETA: Daughter ate at Olympia Restaurant

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:28:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Alamo village near Brackettvill Texas . Where John Wayne made The Alamo . More movies and series filmed at that location also . Went there when I was maybe 10-12 years old . Really neat place . Sadly it is not open anymore .
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:30:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Many, not intentionally though. The Birds(Bodega Bay), Overboard(Noyo Harbor, Fort Bragg, CA), Outbreak, Joe Dirt, salems lot(Ferndale,CA)...bunch of others as well.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:30:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: McGuy] [#45]
The road right in front of my driveway was the location for a scene in the Hallmark movie Valley of Light.

Scene starting at 5:30. My driveway is on the right just past the oak tree, which was hit by some dumbass kid and his shitbox car and damaged enough that it got rot in it and had to be cut down. Pisses me off.
Hallmark The Valley Of Light
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:33:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Snozberry] [#46]
Completely by accident, we're driving through valley of the gods in AZ and notice this clump of traffic on ahead on hill ahead. Slowed down and everybody is taking pictures.

And who the hell would name a highway 'Forest Gump road'?

And then we looked in the mirror to find the exact scene from the movie where he was running across America. It's every bit as epic as the movie.

@Zardoz-- yep, that one.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:34:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Flysc:
I always thought it would be cool to visit the location where Magua had his last fight in Last of the Mohicans.

Any of you ever vist a non-studio scene location of one of your favorite movies?
View Quote

I’ve been there. It’s Hickory Nut Falls inside Chimney Rock State Park in North Carolina. Also Dirty Dancing was filmed near by.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:34:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: utahman] [#48]
Lots of stuff is filmed in Utah.

For instance, Dumb and Dumber:

I drive past this place between work and the farm.

The home where Lloyd has his fantasy dream date, meets Mary's friends and blue darts?
I proposed to my wife there.

ETA: They filmed an episode of "Touched by an Angel" in my sister's house.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:36:30 AM EDT
[#49]
I've been to California. I think they film a couple things there.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:36:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Bryson City, Cheoah Dam, and Dillsboro NC multiple times where some of 'The Fugitive' was shot, I've also ridden the GSM Railroad where the train crash was filmed but not that excursion.

I've also been to Chimney Rock where some of 'The Last of the Mohicans' and the original 'Firestarter' were filmed.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top