Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2024 7:27:22 AM EDT
I need a new DD and don’t have any hardcore requirements other than getting something I like.  I really like pickup trucks and larger SUVs. I looked at a bunch of different options while browsing the around the local dealers yesterday. I looked at the f150 and ranger raptors.  I have a 2019 raptor so there’s  still  a chance I’d get another.  

I also for the first time ever went to the Toyota dealer and looked at the new Tundra, it’s not bad, the new Taco (looks way better and isn’t nearly as cramped as the old version).  The Taco peeked my interest but the TRD Pro was over 65 grand which seems excessive when the overpriced Ranger Raptor is 8 grand less.  

Then I saw the Land Cruiser 1st edition.  I was shocked how much I liked it.  I know it’s not what they sell in Japan and it’s a 4 cylinder turbo but it was really nice but I’m not sure it’s worth a ton more than the new 4Runner (which I haven’t really checked out).  

I happened to the Lexus dealer next door and saw the GX 550.  The exterior looks I quite like, subjective, the interior was beautiful.   There is an over trail version with looking diffs and more off road modes which I liked.  I’m at this place in my head where I’m thinking his SUV is an actual truck, off road capable enough for my excursions through the woods and trails. It’s certainly nothing crazy.  I’ve never considered a Lexus before but for 72 grand I’m not sure there’s gonna be anything that checks these boxes.  

I’m curious if anyone here has any GX experience and what it’s been like.  I know GD loves them some Toyota products.  Curious about Lexus full-size SUv.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:37:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Amped] [#1]
The GX has a long history of being a rock solid, reliable go anywhere vehicle. The all new 550 is the first update to the name since 2010. We will see how the GX does in the coming years but if history is any indicator it should do well.

With only a handful on the ground I would say most people have never driven one so I wouldn’t expect much honest feedback. With that said I’ve driven them (preproduction and production models) and I enjoy it and think it’s a big improvement from the outdated 460. My only real bitch was the mirrors. Like the FJ, they made them vertically tall but narrow so you have a narrower field of view for your side mirrors.

If you have any specific questions I’ll do my best to help. Best bet is to connect with your local dealer and see if they have a demo you can drive. Most dealers probably have a decent list of people with deposits so it might be tricky to get exactly what you want this year. YMMV
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:52:46 AM EDT
[#2]
They just came out so not too many owners yet.

I do love my GX-470, I've beat the piss out of it and it keeps going.

The 550 looks super cool but it'll be a while before they've depreciated enough for me to turn one into a trail beater.

I say go ahead and get it and I'll buy it off you in 2036

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:06:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m going back this week to get a test drive on the GX and the Land Cruiser.  I think the Lexus appears to be the better value.  Both of these just go to their respective dealers and weren’t ready to drive as of yet.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:11:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I've loved my 2009 GX470 and plan to drive it till the wheels fall off. Damn thing is so solid though that it might outlive me. It's a joy to work on too. After I properly honor my wife and mother this morning, I plan to spend some time changing out the brake pads and calipers on it. I'm very interested in the 550 but my #1 hesitation is that engine. The V8 in my 470 is famously reliable. Not sure they'll be able to achieve that same degree of reliability with that twin turbo monstrosity they crammed in the 550.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:13:15 AM EDT
[#5]
My wife was one of the first to put a deposit down back in the Fall.  We have a vin issued to us on a vehicle that should be here at the end of the month.
She chose the Over trail Plus in incognito.  The dealership got in a black one and offered it to her because she was first on the list but she opted to wait on the color she wanted.
Feel free to message me in 6 weeks and I'll give you a "review" on our limited experience with it.  We live in the city but are a ranching family so it will be off road immediately.  If its dry it'll be a sand review, if it rains it'll be a mud review .

P
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Those are both great looking from what I have seen online.  I spent 30 minutes steaming yesterday, because I used my 2004 Lx470 to take stuff to the dump my business partner was supposed to take care, but didnt and I gashed the back of one of my seats pulling the debris out of my SUV.  The LX is 20 years old and people love the dang thing.  I am constantly telling people thank you, no thank you its not for sale.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:15:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vne:
I've loved my 2009 GX470 and plan to drive it till the wheels fall off. Damn thing is so solid though that it might outlive me. It's a joy to work on too. After I properly honor my wife and mother this morning, I plan to spend some time changing out the brake pads and calipers on it. I'm very interested in the 550 but my #1 hesitation is that engine. The V8 in my 470 is famously reliable. Not sure they'll be able to achieve that same degree of reliability with that twin turbo monstrosity they crammed in the 550.
View Quote

The 4.7 is peak reliability.

Nothing else is going to touch it.

The 4.6 was a step backwards and I expect the turbo six banger to be even more so.

That said, I'm sure it will still be pretty good.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:18:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I can fully stomach driving my Denali on logging roads, as well as throwing a couple of dead deer in the back, when I let the seats down.  But I’d feel stupid doing that in an Escalade or Range Rover.  Would I feel the same with a luxury suv like the Lexus suv?  I think so.  Sounds like a terrific dd.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:22:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacrity] [#9]
What's labeled "Land Cruiser" has always depended on market. What underpins is the important. Since the mid 80s you basically have 3 "Lines" - Heavy Duty, Light Duty and Station Wagon. But all are Land Cruisers and have related engineering teams and content. But there's more similar systems amongst the classes than previously.

The States is slated to receive the Light Duty line as 3 related models - Land Cruiser, GX550 and Four Runner. If you want a J300 it's available in the States (LX). J70 not so much new.

The meaningful divergence in spec are engines and driveline. For the first time in the GX550 an LD gets HD axle. As Amped points out few of us have had seat time, fewer off tar. I tend to agree with all his points. But in the end, none matters as whatever you find useful and appealing will decide the buy. So go drive those, the competitors and decide by your experience. Any more, tho I'm def a Toyota adherent. I've owned a wide swath, all representatives of all 3 lines and spent significant time in most models going back to J40. Features, feel and function you find is more important than anyone's impressions. Most Lexus franchises should have a demo GX550, tho I do know of a few that have moved them when rec'd. But I'm betting Naples, Miami, Tampa, Jax, Orlando one of the dealers has something

Here's some previous threads - GL

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/I-just-drove-a-Lexus-GX550-and-a-DB12-/5-2722614/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Next-Gen-Lexus-GX-Launch-June-8th/5-2647637/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Next-Gen-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-Prado-Coming-soon-Aug-1-/5-2656831/
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#10]
2024 Lexus GX | Their Best Effort Since LC500

They really liked it. I prefer the looks of the LC, but I would buy the Lexus due to engine and features. My wife is trading her Grand Cherokee in this year and I've recommended the 550. I'm looking at either the F150 or Ranger Raptor next year.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:34:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm kind of bothered that with these new generations the LC, GX and 4-runner are basically based off the same platform where as before they were completely different.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:44:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SpacemanSpiff:

The 4.6 was a step backwards and I expect the turbo six banger to be even more so.

View Quote

If by a step backwards you mean going from 99.8% reliability to 99.7, ok. The 4.6 is a proven workhorse that's a 300k engine with basic oil changes.

The 550 is nice, but it would be a trade it in in 5 years type of car. If you want to keep it forever,  get the 460. If you trade your cars in every 5 years, get the 550.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Voland:

If by a step backwards you mean going from 99.8% reliability to 99.7, ok. The 4.6 is a proven workhorse that's a 300k engine with basic oil changes.

The 550 is nice, but it would be a trade it in in 5 years type of car. If you want to keep it forever,  get the 460. If you trade your cars in every 5 years, get the 550.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Voland:

The valley plate leak is common enough that that alone puts the 4.6 on a tier below the 4.7.

That said, you are correct, it's still a very reliable engine.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:04:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MilHouse-556:
I'm kind of bothered that with these new generations the LC, GX and 4-runner are basically based off the same platform where as before they were completely different.

View Quote

GX and the 4runner were the same platform before, both built on the Prado-Land Cruiser platform.  So really the only addition is the LC as the replacement for the outgoing US model.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:12:42 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Get it, but platform sharing is an industry necessity anymore.

Mostly it's upward - the amortized benefits across lower as well as upper models.

Similar complaints when GXs got Station Wagon engines. Still, since the Bundera, axles were the one thing exclusionists could hold onto. No longer.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:18:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacrity] [#16]
Originally Posted By Michaelrm:

GX and the 4runner were the same platform before, both built on the Prado-Land Cruiser platform.  So really the only addition is the LC as the replacement for the outgoing US model.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Michaelrm:

Toyota has a single body on frame platform now.

J300/250, XK70/80, N400/480 are all GA-F. J and N designations indicate a continued internal separation.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:23:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajax72] [#17]
I love Lexus vehicles for the most part.  The two I've had have been rock solid.  I wanted a GX470 when they were still cheap and overlooked as compared to the 4Runner.  That being said, I just found the video below on Friday and watched it.  Not trying to discourage at all, just something to add to the information collective:

Is Toyota V35A-FTS Engine Reliable? Well..It's Not That Simple

Brief Synopsis:  The V6 is the balls and there's a lot of thought in them, but there is some anecdotal evidence that the main bearings may not be able to handle the improvements in engine efficiency and resulting force.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#18]
The new GX550 is loved on YouTube, where most of the reviewers also love off roady, enthusiast, overlanding type trucks.

The GX550 is actually getting a lot of hate on some Lexus forums; because it’s not Lexus-y enough. It is, apparently, inferior to the BMW X5/Benz GLE/Audi whatever (Q7?) for on road ride, highway silence, noise-vibration-harshness dampening, the stereo system is not as high end as it used to be, etc.

I suspect most users on an assault weapon message have tastes that probably fall closer to the first group, than the second.

I’m really surprised Lexus is running so many TV ads during major sports events (golf, all the hockey playoff games, NBA playoffs, etc) hyping this truck up; I thought there would be a waiting list and no reason for marketing or advertising.

It seems like a home run and I think they will sell everyone they can build. It’s the only Lexus I’ve ever taken a second look at.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:28:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacrity] [#19]
Originally Posted By crazyquik:
The new GX550 is loved on YouTube, where most of the reviewers also love off roady, enthusiast, overlanding type trucks.

The GX550 is actually getting a lot of hate on some Lexus forums; because it's not Lexus-y enough. It is, apparently, inferior to the BMW X5/Benz GLE/Audi whatever (Q7?) for on road ride, highway silence, noise-vibration-harshness dampening, the stereo system is not as high end as it used to be, etc.

I suspect most users on an assault weapon message have tastes that probably fall closer to the first group, than the second.

I'm really surprised Lexus is running so many TV ads during major sports events (golf, all the hockey playoff games, NBA playoffs, etc) hyping this truck up; I thought there would be a waiting list and no reason for marketing or advertising.

It seems like a home run and I think they will sell everyone they can build. It's the only Lexus I've ever taken a second look at.
View Quote

Those mfg moved away from body-on-frame for exactly those reasons - X5 being the first Lux offering and the rest led the way. Compare a G to a GX, it's more honest.

But the market has come to expect sedan dynamics in their premium CUV. Sporting pretensions even.  Look at the prominent 'Ring lap times lol.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:54:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By zer0t:
I’m going back this week to get a test drive on the GX and the Land Cruiser.  I think the Lexus appears to be the better value.  Both of these just go to their respective dealers and weren’t ready to drive as of yet.
View Quote

Naturally aspirated v6 vs hybrid turbo 4cyl?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:00:34 AM EDT
[#21]
As Lexus full size SUVs go, pretty sure the counterpart to the full size Land Cruiser is the LX, not the GX. The GX is the Prado.

If so, going with the Land Cruiser vice the Lexus GX will get you the "bigger" vehicle without the additional luxury features.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Alacrity:
What's labeled "Land Cruiser" has always depended on market. What underpins is the important. Since the mid 80s you basically have 3 "Lines" - Heavy Duty, Light Duty and Station Wagon. But all are Land Cruisers and have related engineering teams and content. But there's more similar systems amongst the classes than previously.

The States is slated to receive the Light Duty line as 3 related models - Land Cruiser, GX550 and Four Runner. If you want a J300 it's available in the States (LX). J70 not so much new.

The meaningful divergence in spec are engines and driveline. For the first time in the GX550 an LD gets HD axle. As Amped points out few of us have had seat time, fewer off tar. I tend to agree with all his points. But in the end, none matters as whatever you find useful and appealing will decide the buy. So go drive those, the competitors and decide by your experience. Any more, tho I'm def a Toyota adherent. I've owned a wide swath, all representatives of all 3 lines and spent significant time in most models going back to J40. Features, feel and function you find is more important than anyone's impressions. Most Lexus franchises should have a demo GX550, tho I do know of a few that have moved them when rec'd. But I'm betting Naples, Miami, Tampa, Jax, Orlando one of the dealers has something

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/I-just-drove-a-Lexus-GX550-and-a-DB12-/5-2722614/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Next-Gen-Lexus-GX-Launch-June-8th/5-2647637/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Next-Gen-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-Prado-Coming-soon-Aug-1-/5-2656831/
View Quote

So, what are you saying is the HD version now and is it available in the US? 470 has been pretty bulletproof, but mileage is crap.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:01:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacrity] [#23]
Originally Posted By SideCarGT:

So, what are you saying is the HD version now and is it available in the US? 470 has been pretty bulletproof, but mileage is crap.
View All Quotes

Current Land Cruiser:

J70 is HD
J3xx is Station Wagon - '22- LX in States
J25x is LD - '25 GX and '25 Land Cruiser  

All are on GA-F platform, in the States you'll have V35 or T24 engines, various drivetrains but the GX is the first LD model to have the 9.5 axle, tho some SOFASA models had Dana 60.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:26:32 AM EDT
[#24]

Current Land Cruiser:

J70 is HD

All are on GA-F platform, in the States you'll have V35 or T24 engines, various drivetrains but the GX is the first LD model to have the 9.5 axle, tho some SOFASA models had Dana 60.

View Quote

Well thanks for some translations, but you are such a Toyota nerd your posts are indecipherable without multiple googles.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By TheAvatar9265ft:

Well thanks for some translations, but you are such a Toyota nerd your posts are indecipherable without multiple googles.
View Quote

True dat 😁, but appreciate the info
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Current Land Cruiser:

J70 is HD

View All Quotes

Current Land Cruiser:

J70 is HD

That 9.5 axle is a big upgrade. That'll be nice.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:02:54 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Current Land Cruiser:

J70 is HD

Yeah but the 8.2 in the LC250 is a downgrade.
Kinda disappointed in this but I hope it drives 200 series prices down.
I want a LX570 Inspiration Edition for a far more reasonable cost than they are now.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:09:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Ajax72:

Brief Synopsis:  The V6 is the balls and there's a lot of thought in them, but there is some anecdotal evidence that the main bearings may not be able to handle the improvements in engine efficiency and resulting force.
View Quote

The service manager at the dealer I delivered to this week said he had three new model Tundras in for new engines.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:15:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Embittered] [#30]
I am a Lexus fan, we own two coming up on their teen years soon without major issues, but each does have costly design flaws (coolant valley leak 2UR, brake system LS460). Lexus can have issues, but the older ones were generally pretty damn good.

I think the GX550 is cool, I don’t understand why I want one especially in Overtrail trim. However, the price point Lexus decided to place them makes the GX550 a low value proposition. Combined with my priorities and the current rate environment, I don’t foresee buying a new Overtrail anytime soon.

Edit: if you wanted a Land Cruiser the last model year we got the LX570 would have been a good buy. They were creeping up to $100K though…I’ll be salty about that for a while.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:27:20 PM EDT
[#31]
I wasn’t impressed with the non-OT I drove a couple of weeks ago.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Current Land Cruiser:

J70 is HD

You can do all the Googling in the future

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Pallas:
I wasn’t impressed with the non-OT I drove a couple of weeks ago.
View Quote

I'm only interested in the 2 over trail models.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:28:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Not sure the Lexas is going to hold up better to whatever it is that you do that you're wearing out a Raptor every 5 years.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:46:10 AM EDT
[#35]
My Raptor is staying.  Simply commenting I like it enough to get a second one.  The problem is they’re selling for stupid prices again. I paid 4 grand under MSRP in the summer of 2019 at a dealer in Kingsland GA.  I really want to get an SUV though.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:30:39 AM EDT
[#36]
People need to understand that the new GX is completely unrelated to previous one. Not saying it’s gonna be bad, it will probably be great. But it’s comparing apples to oranges.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:48:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#37]
Originally Posted By fredegar:
People need to understand that the new GX is completely unrelated to previous one. Not saying it’s gonna be bad, it will probably be great. But it’s comparing apples to oranges.
View Quote

It has more pep, imho. The transmission was very smooth. The one I drove felt unstable and that was going in a straight line at about 60. Many say the OT should ride better because of different shocks. My F150 rides/tracks better. I was unimpressed AF and I was dead set on buying one. It handled about like a pre-Tacoma on a road, at least that is the closest I can articulate it. I think its Prado roots are showing, which may not be a bad thing, unless you are the typical Lexus owner/buyer.

This was in Naples, a few weeks ago, they said the list had 80 with deposits, and they are getting 10-12 a month. The dealership was also requiring that you buy 10k worth of add ons (paint and tire protection, the roof basket/rack, window tint, etc.) The roof rack was like $4300 lol. I'll wait to see what people who have had them a year say, it would be until 2025MY before I would see one anyway.

The new non-max Taco is looking more attractive, but I don't need another p/u as a second vehicle (I want a smaller 2nd vehicle... and I'm definitely not buying the DB12 I drove lol.)
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:04:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By PhuzzyGnu:

The service manager at the dealer I delivered to this week said he had three new model Tundras in for new engines.
View All Quotes

Maybe it's a small but loud sample size, but I think I'm seeing too many anecdotal reports like this and pictures of Tundras getting cab-off turbo repairs. The V35 is off my shopping list for at least a few years until they get some of this worked out.

I'm hoping the T24 in the Tacoma and 4R is both more reliable and easier to service.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:20:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mike_48] [#39]

View Quote
Do the new Tundras have the same 3.4 liter engine as the 3.4 liter (twin turbo) that is in the GX550?  I see where they are the same size.  I've been looking at the GX550 for this fall.  

I'm also considering the TX350 that has an even smaller 2.4 turbo.  To me that's a pretty small engine for that large of a vehicle
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:28:09 PM EDT
[#40]
I have a 4Runnr, wanted new and at the time, a new GX460 was out of the price range. I was looking at the new Land Cruisers, but by the time you get to the mid level trim, you’re in GX 550 territory.

When it comes time for the wife to get a new vehicle, it’ll probably be a GX.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:45:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Mike_48:
Do the new Tundras have the same 3.4 liter engine as the 3.4 liter (twin turbo) that is in the GX550?  I see where they are the same size.  I've been looking at the GX550 for this fall.  

I'm also considering the TX350 that has an even smaller 2.4 turbo.  To me that's a pretty small engine for that large of a vehicle
View Quote

GX and Tundra share the same engine, though the Tundra offers the hybrid version.

The TX shares the same engine with the Tacoma, new 4Runner, new Land Cruiser, etc.  Some hybrid, some not.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:02:01 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

The V35A engine in the new Tundra is the same engine they put in this GX550. However the turbos (GX is twin turbo’s) on the GX are lightly smaller and are the reason the power numbers are slightly lower than the Tundra numbers.

Watch the video posted above. The guy does a really good job of explaining why the GX and its engine was engineered like it is.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 5:58:53 PM EDT
[#43]
I may have messed up.  I’m not sure I’m going to pick it up but I saw something I couldn’t resist at the dealership.  There was pre-owned 2024 Ram Rebel 2500 HD pretty loaded with a $99,135.00.  Holy smokes trucks have gotten expensive.  They had it listed for 75,900 and said they’d go 72,500.  The interior is as nice as my power wagon and here comes the hate….6.7L Cummins.  I’m not DD and actually would drive this for distance.  I can’t help myself when I see Hd trucks but I don’t need it and have the PW, F150 Raptor and a Hummer EV.  

I think I gotta pass and get back on mission now that I’m back home.  On the way home I did see a Ranger Raptor and they’re not awfully priced until they come out and tell you about the ADM but at 57k it seems like a fun truck.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 6:24:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Lots of YT video out there about the 3.4TT being a grenade. I wouldn't gamble my money.

OP - Have you looked at the Infinity version of the Nissan Armada? NA 5.6L V8 goodness.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Accountant30339:
Lots of YT video out there about the 3.4TT being a grenade. I wouldn't gamble my money.

OP - Have you looked at the Infinity version of the Nissan Armada? NA 5.6L V8 goodness.
View Quote

For about 6 more months.

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#46]

For about 6 more months.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Accountant30339:

For about 6 more months.

Did they figure out the high pressure fuel pump wiping out the cam yet?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:30:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zer0t] [#47]
Ok, got a new vehicle.  Not exactly what I was expecting but scored a Raptor below MSRP—customer bailed on an order.  Couldn’t help myself.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:40:20 PM EDT
[#48]
I love Lexus vehicles for the most part.  The two I've had have been rock solid.  I wanted a GX470 when they were still cheap and overlooked as compared to the 4Runner.  That being said, I just found the video below on Friday and watched it.  Not trying to discourage at all, just something to add to the information collective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XdaccfMxn4

View Quote

All the new engines are over stressed. Fucking idiotic CAFE has caused all the manufacturers to go to small displacement, highly turbo’d motors. We test drove a Merc GLC350 a couple years ago. The research showed they have a tendency to blow up heads.

Once again, the Government screws up everything it touches.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:42:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By zer0t:
Ok, got a new vehicle.  Not exactly what I was expecting but scored a Raptor below MSRP—customer bailed on an order.  Couldn’t help myself.
View Quote

Wow... that's uhhh... quite a different vehicle.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

Wow... that's uhhh... quite a different vehicle.

View Quote

Yeah but I love Raptors, my wife didn't care.  I did give it an honest shot to get an SuV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top