Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2024 4:40:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mk4dubbin]
Its either 12 or 14ft, don't remember off the top of my head. I'm sick of the crackheads peeking in as they drive by. I thought of maybe welding up a 6xgate width frame of some .5x.5 angle and securing it to the gate with stainless hose clamps then securing some of that privacy screen to that frame. I dont always have the best ideas so I'm here looking for input on perhaps a better idea. The gate is closed 99.99% of the time, however I still need to be able to open it occasionally

Eta, the frame idea is because the gate alone is not tall enough to prohibit seeing our outdoor area from the road.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 4:45:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Vinyl Lattice?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#2]
You could attach lattice to it .
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 4:58:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: User55645] [#3]
Lightest and cheapest will probably be making the top higher with fence parts from home depot (or any supplier). Then, attach that black mesh material to it. You mightve seen it used around tennis courts and such.

Eta: yup, the stuff below
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Privacy screen like this

Amazon Product
  • Perfectly Protect Your Yard Privacy: 90% visibility blocking, prevent peeping outside the yard, block nose neighbors see through, protect safety and enjoy freedom. It can also prevent animals from entering your yard, block surrounding noise and street views, block dogs' sight and prevent bark.

Link Posted: 2/4/2024 6:29:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I was going to suggest the mesh screen used on chain link fences around construction sites but I was beat like a rented mule.

Link Posted: 2/4/2024 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Global_Cooling:
Privacy screen like this

www.amazon.com/dp/B001OJXVKW
View Quote

Yes, but green so it fits in better
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 6:58:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mk4dubbin] [#7]
Originally Posted By VAbull:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By VAbull:

Originally Posted By Oldgold:
Vinyl Lattice?

Too easy to see through
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:30:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Put a layer of chain link on, fill with privacy slats?
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 12:34:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Black dyed canvas tarp.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Perforated sheet metal.  You can install it with pop rivets if you don't weld.  I have done gates with them.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I will tell you that the windscreen doesn’t last very long.  A few years at best.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 5:47:22 PM EDT
[#12]

What I would do....

Get fake ivy panels, and then just zip tie the ivy panels onto the gate.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:50:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Right or wrong, this is what I ended up with. I am concerned about the longevity of the EMT straps, and I need to replace the #8 screws in them with something more substantial but it I hope it does the trick for at least a few years. It adds a lot of weight to the gate that was never meant to handle it, but I was able to open and close it easily enough. Lifting some of the weight off the wheel helped a lot. This gate almost never gets used so I'm not too terribly concerned about that. I wish it didn't need to be so tall, but it was necessary to make it 8ft to block the view in because of the height of the road
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#14]
OP, I see you already installed something but based on the trees on the outside of your gate, next time you might think about some fake trees like below.
Fasten them to the gate and it would blend in with the real ones.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top