Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2024 7:05:31 PM EDT
This is going to be tough to answer but if ya'll can just get me in the ballpark it'll be fine.
My favorite barbecue sauce is made in Jacksonville Florida. I live near Augusta Georgia. I don't get down there very often.
My wife and I will be in Jax in two weeks and I would like to load up on the sauce to have some sort of long term. The sauce is mustard based with a pretty good amount of vinegar. It comes in clear, plastic squeeze bottles.
What do ya'll think would be the best way to keep it? I'm thinking pour it in a Mason jar and keep it in the fridge but I know for sure ya'll are smarter than me so maybe someone has a better idea.
TIA for all replies and knowledge.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:19:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Vinegar based like tabasco. That much vinegar.

If so thoroughly clean the jars, dip in boiling water, air dry well, fill it with sauce and put it in a cabinet.

I dont bother putting hot sauce or BBQ sauce in the fridge, as long as it has vinegar. My tabasco and other sauces stay out. I do make sure the tops of the bottle is clean. So shake some out , wipe with a paper towel and eat.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:21:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Is this a carolina style sauce or something regional. Im always interested in new sauces. People fuss about sauce, and I dont use it on steak, but pork and chicken sauced is delicious.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:51:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Knothead71] [#3]
@Hobs98
Not quite as much vinegar as Tabasco sauce.
I bet you're right though. Keeping it in the cabinet would be fine. I'm over thinking this.
The sauce is made at The Pig barbecue in Jax. Its a thin sauce that goes great on pulled pork. Its good on ribs but it doesn't adhere well so I use it like a dip for chunks of ribs.
If you're interested in trying it I'll get an extra bottle and mail it to you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:37:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Knothead71:
@Hobs98
Not quite as much vinegar as Tabasco sauce.
I bet you're right though. Keeping it in the cabinet would be fine. I'm over thinking this.
The sauce is made at The Pig barbecue in Jax. Its a thin sauce that goes great on pulled pork. Its good on ribs but it doesn't adhere well so I use it like a dip for chunks of ribs.
If you're interested in trying it I'll get an extra bottle and mail it to you.
View Quote

I really appreciate that, but you don't have to.
I bet if you explained your situation really nicely, they might hook you up with a recipe, or at least get you really close.
I've actually had fairly decent success doing that. Especially if you arent going to make it to sell.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:00:05 AM EDT
[#5]
If you want to save a LARGE amount bring it home and can it just like anything else you want to preserve. I've made several gallons of sauce and canned it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top