User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
I wonder why they have not released the ID of the guy.
View Quote

We know it wasn’t a white person
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:34:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:

not just the gov they have no issue scamming anyone
View Quote

Most of the people cheering on the SC movement in this thread are probably suckers involved with it or have never had any interaction with any.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:38:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Shootindave:

Where 5% of my taxes go? Thats where you want to prod for debate. Lol.

I have professionally audited public spending allocations. You might have that foot stomping discussion with someone else.

If you can’t figure out that our tax structure is based upon theft, you pay taxes without following up on their use by looking at tax money allocation.

People also don’t even know their total tax liability after paying sales tax on everything under the sun……. Using the income that has already been taxed to buy the goods/services.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PeepEater:

Taxation is theft. Paying for vehicle regestrarion is a furthurance of taxation by other means.

So how do you propose common goods be funded? Roads, bridges, and such?

Where 5% of my taxes go? Thats where you want to prod for debate. Lol.

I have professionally audited public spending allocations. You might have that foot stomping discussion with someone else.

If you can’t figure out that our tax structure is based upon theft, you pay taxes without following up on their use by looking at tax money allocation.

People also don’t even know their total tax liability after paying sales tax on everything under the sun……. Using the income that has already been taxed to buy the goods/services.

@Shootindave

+1

Having been elected for a 3-year term on the town Budget Committee, there are far easier ways to keep taxes lower.  Get involved with local politics.  It’s tedious and time-consuming, but rewarding.  It doesn’t help that, on average, only 17% of registered voters show up to vote on warrant articles and the new budget.  If we always voted for the default budget that is last year’s budget with only contractually agreed to increase (union contracts), taxes would only go up very modestly.  People complain but don’t vote.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:42:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By bgenlvtex:
In 2024 anyone on the conservative side of politics is closer to "sovereign citizenry" than they've ever been before whether they recognize it or not.

Tyrannical policies of the left has put them there.

Everybody mocks the sovereign citizens until it's time to take another vax.
View Quote
Except that the Sovereign Citizens that keep running afoul of LE aren't political at all. They are opportunistic career criminals who wrap themselves in a cloak of Righteous Liberty in order to take advantage of anyone and everyone all the time.
They're not striking a blow for Justice against a Tyrannical Government. They run the same scams as all the other pseudo organized conman groups like the Travelers and the Gypsies. They try to use civil law(that they profess to hate so much) against their fellow citizens, in addition to outright extortion, fraud and theft. The fact that they make noises about the government that sounds similar to what Conservatives think is just mental masturbation on their part(if they believe it), if not simply a learned tactic just like "Hands up don't shoot" and "I can't breathe!" It's no wonder that there's a black version based on a similar set of made up self serving justifications for criminality.
There's nothing Conservative about them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:45:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By feudist:
Except that the Sovereign Citizens that keep running afoul of LE aren't political at all. They are opportunistic career criminals who wrap themselves in a cloak of Righteous Liberty in order to take advantage of anyone and everyone all the time.
They're not striking a blow for Justice against a Tyrannical Government. They run the same scams as all the other pseudo organized conman groups like the Travelers and the Gypsies. They try to use civil law(that they profess to hate so much) against their fellow citizens, in addition to outright extortion, fraud and theft. The fact that they make noises about the government that sounds similar to what Conservatives think is just mental masturbation on their part(if they believe it), if not simply a learned tactic just like "Hands up don't shoot" and "I can't breathe!" It's no wonder that there's a black version based on a similar set of made up self serving justifications for criminality.
There's nothing Conservative about them.
View Quote

These SC "heroes" are also the primary people we see trying squatting/adverse possession claims.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By arowneragain:

Yep.

They’re not completely wrong. It’s complicated and clearly outlining what’s wrong and what’s right about them wouldn’t be tolerated here. This place despises nuance.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By arowneragain:
Originally Posted By SpacemanSpiff:

Good for them.

Yep.

They’re not completely wrong. It’s complicated and clearly outlining what’s wrong and what’s right about them wouldn’t be tolerated here. This place despises nuance.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By doom1430:
Sovereign Citizens are fucking lunatics.  Taxation sucks, but being dead sucks more.
View Quote

Sovereign Citizens not withstanding, our founder’s actions seems to show that they thought taxation was worse than being dead.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

Most of the people cheering on the SC movement in this thread are probably suckers involved with it or have never had any interaction with any.
View All Quotes

Not involved with it.

However as somebody who just filed their taxes a few weeks ago I understand.

We know how much you owe us but we won’t tell you.

We will make you hire somebody to figure it out.

If the number you come up with is wrong we will use the full apparatus of the state to destroy your life as best we can.

I understand.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:21:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

If you want to pay more in jail time, arrests, fines, car seizures, and having the sheriff and police come deal with you..sure.

And in the end you'll still pay taxes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Originally Posted By OscarD:

Sounds great. Where do I sign?

If you want to pay more in jail time, arrests, fines, car seizures, and having the sheriff and police come deal with you..sure.

And in the end you'll still pay taxes.

Correct.

I'm all for reducing or intelligent spending of our tax dollars.

However Sovereign Citizens are the equivalent or a tween throwing a temper tantrum because mom wants them to clean their room and pick up their dogs poop in the back yard.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:24:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Bogdan:

Social security is not entitlement is is a small fraction of the money being stolen from me given back to me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bogdan:
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:
I wonder what percentage of people in GD who post “taxation is theft” collect some form of disability or social security or other entitlement?

Social security is not entitlement is is a small fraction of the money being stolen from me given back to me.

NO exactly, the funds that you want to get "someday" were paid in by people last decade.

What you're paying is funding the next generation.

However, it's ALL stolen and misused for people who never paid in at all.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Not involved with it.

We know how much you owe us but we won't tell you.

If the number you come up with is wrong we will use the full apparatus of the state to destroy your life as best we can.

I understand.
View All Quotes

Not involved with it.

We know how much you owe us but we won't tell you.

I understand.

Most peoples' taxes are simple to figure out.  If yours are so complex that you can't handle doing it with off-the-shelf software, you can afford a few hundred bucks to pay a professional to do it for you.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:27:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#13]
We’re established as an individual rights model, only in GD would the idiots celebrate the murder of people who extrapolate that political philosophy….founders even stated that we have rights above and beyond what is enshrined in our charter documents, yet here the boobs argue for conformity at the cost of your life.  Sam Adams was right.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Paul:
Sovereign citizens and the other off-shoots are 100% about not paying taxes. Because they typically are democrats in democrat cities they get away with it.

They pay no income tax, real estate taxes, or car registration fees.
View Quote

I'm no sovereign citizen, but right about now I'm wondering just why the fuck I'm paying taxes myself.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:36:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By California_Kid:

Most peoples' taxes are simple to figure out.  If yours are so complex that you can't handle doing it with off-the-shelf software, you can afford a few hundred bucks to pay a professional to do it for you.
View Quote

He shouldn’t have to though. That’s the fucking point.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Morlawn66:

I went to a presentation by one back in  the 90's , (NOT Moors ) I'd say you are correct .   Many wanted to live free with .gov not in their lives.

Not worth it living life looking over your shoulder or afraid to open mail. So license your vehicles , have a small business ,pay local taxes that you do benefit from and don't make a lot of taxable income . .Gov will always want and demand more , so where will things end up ?

Beating the " System " in a legal way should be everyone's goal .

View Quote

While the system sucks the Sov Cits of the 1990s are not the Sov Cits of today.

The demographics are rapidly changing and a huge number are using it to try to separate themselves from what they see as the trappings of white supremacy, like not stealing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#17]
I love that GD is super fired up about the (exaggerated) threat of squatters, but in this thread we have people supporting the number one group responsible for the problem.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:

If I had been allowed to invest what I was forced to pay them, I'd be rich. I want my little check. Fuck FDR.
View Quote

The government says "Fuck off, you'll get what we want to give you."
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:59:08 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I love that GD is super fired up about the (exaggerated) threat of squatters, but in this thread we have people supporting the number one group responsible for the problem.
View Quote

Lol. Junkies are the number one squatters and always have been.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:00:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jackslack] [#21]
Originally Posted By phatmax:

The demographics are rapidly changing and a huge number are using it to try to separate themselves from what they see as the trappings of white supremacy, like not stealing.
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:01:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By CAsoldier:
For sovereign citizens broken windows theory refers to their car.
View Quote

So fucking true.  At least when things are all done.

Most of the Sovereign citizen types usually were just mentally ill, or welfare leaches with their right hand while refusing to register their car, have a license, or get insurance with their left hand.  Usually a combination of both.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By PeepEater:

So how do you propose common goods be funded? Roads, bridges, and such?
View Quote

Maybe stop sending billions outside of the US and cut taxes and people wouldnt be so hard up on hating paying them. 10%? Still bad but livable compared to the 30+% that's stolen now
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Jackslack:

Correct.

However Sovereign Citizens are the equivalent or a tween throwing a temper tantrum because mom wants them to clean their room and pick up their dogs poop in the back yard.
View Quote

May your HOA chains rest lightly…lols
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:11:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Morlawn66:

I went to a presentation by one back in  the 90's , (NOT Moors ) I'd say you are correct .   Many wanted to live free with .gov not in their lives...

Beating the " System " in a legal way should be everyone's goal .

View Quote

So said Darrel Brooks, esq

Sorry, not sorry. Law are there for a reason (mostly, when people on the left decide to be held accountable).
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:14:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By tsg68:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jackslack:

Correct.

I suggest you watch bodycam footage of interactions with Sov Cits. YouTube has plenty. Your romantic image of Sov Cits as modern day supporters of the ideology of the Founding Fathers is patently incorrect.  

They are mostly criminals trying to hide behind fake legalese blather to continue their shitty behavior unimpeded.

Their only motivation is selfish. They do not care about YOUR freedom or liberty. They only care about THEIR OWN.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:14:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#27]

View Quote

Nah, but most people against it are probably law enforcement who are annoyed by it.  Tough tiddies, maybe you should navigate it like it’s part of the job without deading people.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#28]
My understanding is that Sheriff Judd has entertaining press conferences where he makes populist noises that people enjoy listening to, but he’s actually not very friendly to civil liberties or 2A issues, particularly on red flag laws.
View Quote

You are correct.  He's a publicity hound, with the running joke in central Florida that the most dangerous place to be in Polk County is between Grady Judd and a camera.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:16:30 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

You should never have to. Flat low tax if anything.
Taxation is slavery. For 1/3 of the year you work and do not get paid for it
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Paul:
Sovereign citizens and the other off-shoots are 100% about not paying taxes. Because they typically are democrats in democrat cities they get away with it.

They pay no income tax, real estate taxes, or car registration fees.
View Quote

They should just renounce their citizenship and come back as an illegal and they will get all that plus bonus money
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Ha!

There was a sovereign citizen in Utah shot when he was pulled over by a small town police dept for no plates nonsense. He eventually pulled a gun and was shot.

His mother got him into the SC nonsense. A video eventually surfaced of the same PD pulling her over for the same BS. But they let the mom go.

I'm sure, like most parents who get their kids killed in criminal conduct she blames the police.

I've known some SC. With some it seems like almost like insanity with a complicated nonsensical belief system.
View Quote

The “eventually pulled a gun and was shot” comment makes me think that the interaction took place far longer than it should have with any intelligent policing. Sounds more like when idiots collide.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:22:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#32]
Originally Posted By Trippp:

They should just renounce their citizenship and come back as an illegal and they will get all that plus bonus money
View Quote

You’re onto something…maybe they should file a fraudulent return on some stolen identity and collect a refund too, just like an illegal.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:28:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Nah, but most people against it are probably law enforcement who are annoyed by it.  Tough tiddies, maybe you should navigate it like it’s part of the job without deading people.
View Quote

That's pretty much wrong.  LE interactions with these idiots are common, but more or less easily rectified.

The regular folks are the ones Sovs shit all over in a major way.  Wake up one day and find a court filing demanding the seizure of your business because you failed to pay a lien to one of these boobs.   That one Round Rock fuckwit that finally went to prison here for child abuse filed over 700 false liens against everyone from  all his neighbors to Bluebonnet Electric. (His employer) He was STILL filing liens on people from JAIL on the previous cases.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:29:29 PM EDT
[#34]

You’re onto something…maybe they should file a fraudulent return on some stolen identity and collect a refund too, just like an illegal.
View Quote

They do.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:30:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By SleepingBirdDog:

He shouldn't have to though. That's the fucking point.
View Quote

Originally Posted By Narwhals:

You should never have to. Flat low tax if anything.
Taxation is slavery. For 1/3 of the year you work and do not get paid for it
View Quote

I'm all for simplified tax codes, but the tax codes we have are what people (as gullible and stupid as they are) voted for.

I certainly wouldn't expect someone who owns multiple businesses and properties like Donald Trump to do his or her own taxes in the current environment.  Or a person lacking in normal intelligence.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By bgenlvtex:
In 2024 anyone on the conservative side of politics is closer to "sovereign citizenry" than they've ever been before whether they recognize it or not.

Tyrannical policies of the left has put them there.

Everybody mocks the sovereign citizens until it's time to take another vax.
View Quote

I refused the vax and mocked the SovCits during, before, and after.

They are absolute scumbags who practice paper terrorism. SovCits existed before tyrannical leftist policies. They are simply an outgrowth of your normal horse shoe extremists.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:51:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: California_Kid] [#37]
Here are some "Moorish" Sovereign Citizens for your entertainment.  You may have to rewind to time 0.

Moorish Sovereign Citizens Get 2 Cars Towed Outside a Massachusetts Courthouse

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

You completely missed the point.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:56:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: California_Kid] [#39]

View All Quotes

I totally understand the point and agree that our tax codes are unnecessarily complex.

Most people of ordinary intelligence are capable of doing their own taxes; and the consequences for getting them wrong are not particularly onerous.  Usually if you underpay you just get a bill, and if you don't pay promptly the governments start charging interest on what you owe.  The idea that a person who miscalculates tax is going to suffer great wrath is hyperbolic.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Not involved with it.

I understand.
View All Quotes

Not involved with it.

I understand.

@OscarD

Our accountant made a mistake on our final tax return for the clinic corporation that closed in 2021.  We got a letter from the IRS and filed a correct, amended return.  Very simple mistake and easy correction—we are still dealing with it because the IRS simply won’t recognize the simple mistake and accept the amended return.  We had to hire a tax attorney and he has a meeting with them in the next couple of weeks to resolve the matter or we go to tax court.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#41]

I totally understand the point and agree that our tax codes are unnecessarily complex.

Most people of ordinary intelligence are capable of doing their own taxes; and the consequences for getting them wrong are not particularly onerous.  Usually if you underpay you just get a bill, and if you don't pay promptly the governments start charging interest on what you owe.  The idea that a person who miscalculates tax is going to suffer great wrath is hyperbolic.
View Quote

See the post after yours. If you’ve never run afoul of the IRS you have no idea how far they’ll go to make you regret it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:05:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: California_Kid] [#42]
Originally Posted By C-4:

@OscarD

Our accountant made a mistake on our final tax return for the clinic corporation that closed in 2021.  We got a letter from the IRS and filed a correct, amended return.  Very simple mistake and easy correction we are still dealing with it because the IRS simply won't recognize the simple mistake and accept the amended return.  We had to hire a tax attorney and he has a meeting with them in the next couple of weeks to resolve the matter or we go to tax court.
View Quote

See the post after yours. If you've never run afoul of the IRS you have no idea how far they'll go to make you regret it.
View Quote

Last month my wife and I got a letter from the IRS stating that we had underpaid our year 2022 taxes, apparently because of an error by our tax accountant.  We had filed jointly, so there were two letters claiming the same amount underpaid, one addressed to each of us at our shared address.

I didn't understand what the correct amount should be, so I paid both claims online.  Two weeks later we received a paper check in the mail because I had overpaid.

It didn't seem like a lot of wrath to me, just a request to correct a minor error.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By C-4:

@OscarD

Our accountant made a mistake on our final tax return for the clinic corporation that closed in 2021.  We got a letter from the IRS and filed a correct, amended return.  Very simple mistake and easy correction—we are still dealing with it because the IRS simply won’t recognize the simple mistake and accept the amended return.  We had to hire a tax attorney and he has a meeting with them in the next couple of weeks to resolve the matter or we go to tax court.
View Quote

I had them reject a return once. Come to find out it was rejected because the prior years income didn’t match up with what they had on file. The year before I had to file an ammended return that they somehow never processed despite cashing the check I mailed.

As in your case I needed a tax attorney to sort out that mess.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:15:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Morlawn66] [#44]
Originally Posted By phatmax:

View Quote

Agreed , when I was around them in the 90 's they were low profile older white guys, deep conspiracy fly under the wire types .  They listened to SWR and read Media Bypass Magazine , they wouldn't shoot anyone but a few had been to prison for tax evasion , It all seemed senseless to me , pay the taxes or men with guns will come kill you .
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#45]

Last month my wife and I got a letter from the IRS stating that we had underpaid our year 2022 taxes, apparently because of an error by our tax accountant.  We had filed jointly, so there were two letters claiming the same amount underpaid, one addressed to each of us at our shared address.

I didn't understand what the correct amount should be, so I paid both claims online.  Two weeks later we received a paper check in the mail because I had overpaid.

It didn't seem like a lot of wrath to me, just a request to correct a minor error.  YMMV.
View Quote

I had almost the exact same scenario happen to me in 2022 leading to a 9 month long tax fight where our refund was held up.

I paid with a card the day I filed my taxes. A few days later they took out the money from my checking account.

I disputed the charge on my credit card with my bank. The IRS had already set in motion a check being sent but I simply got rid of it.

On their end we still owed 1000$. It took the ombudsman and some tax attorney help to get it squared away.

My wife's citizenship stuff almost got delayed because of it.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:38:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Sovereign means to not be under the jurisdiction or authority of another person or state.

Citizen means to be subject to a state or commonwealth aka a slave.

Subject means to be under the control or dominion of another aka a slave.

So clearly the term "sovereign citizen" is an oxymoron and a contradiction.

Words and their meanings and definitions are important to know. The definitions
and meanings are what bring the essence of the word. The word itself is a representation
of something described in Reality. Anyone using the term "Sovereign Citizen" is only showing
their ignorance and stupidity. When we use words incorrectly we cast spells upon ourselves...
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:00:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BillyDBerger] [#48]

Looks familiar
Attachment Attached File
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top