Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2024 6:14:06 AM EDT
Hello everyone,
I don't know if my request belongs in this part of the forum, but since it concerns an FN509 I'll ask my question here.

Living in France, I'm looking for accessories for my FN509 tactical, whose trigger is certainly one of the worst I've ever seen on a handgun.
So far, I've only replaced the trigger with an APEX one, which hasn't improved the trigger weight but has made it slightly crisper (it's still a disaster though).
I'm now looking for the ideal combo to get a trigger that doesn't make me want to throw the gun in the garbage can and call it a day.

So, I'd like to install Mcarbo springs and a Shootingsight striker.
The problem is that I can't find them anywhere in Europe.
Even though Mcarbo products are available everywhere in Europe, those for the FN509 are just not (they simply aren't imported for some reason I don't know, the FN509 isn't a big seller in Europe that said).

I think I've been to almost all the US sites selling Mcarbo, and none of them offer international delivery.
I assume these are ITAR products (although I've ordered springs and strikers from other brands with no problem).
Does anyone know if there are any solutions for ordering ITAR products?

Is this a regulation that only concerns sales from professionals to private individuals?
If yes, I'm willing to pay someone double what it costs + shipping to get it here -__-.
If not, would anyone know a company that deals with exports? I know it exists for specific brands ==> For example I ordered cajun gun works stuff from www.jlnfirearms.com but he doesn't deal with Mcarbo and Shootingsight.

I used to go through a gunsmith in Paris to get some parts that were not imported here but he now doesn't want to be bothered with small imports for such small sums, only for large orders.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top