Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2024 3:09:15 PM EDT
Was looking at one of these in a gun shop.  Thought holly smokes it's a light trigger for not having a safety.  After some research this is basically a single action hammer fired gun without any safetys.  So have we now graduated to where it's considered safe to carry a 1911 without any safetys engaged and the grip safety pinned?  I realize it's not as short a stroke as a 1911 but to me this is ridiculous to have that level of trigger in a carry gun with no safety's.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh, people do dumb shit and shoot themselves with factory Glock triggers and 12 pound DA  revolver triggers.

Break weight isn't as important as having some take up in a gun like that. I assume it has a FP block too but I'm not super familiar with the design.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:10:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#2]
JM Custom Kydex will build a holster for FN Reflex upon request.

1. Off Target = Off Trigger
    2. Muzzle Discipline - Don’t point guns at something you are not willing to shoot.

https://fnamerica.com/reflex/?utm_source=mobile_featured
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:53:36 AM EDT
[#3]
People carry Sig 320s and Walther P-whatevermodeloftheweek.

Those have pretty-damn-near single action triggers. People have been carrying light, short triggers with no safety for sometime now.

As long as it's covered by a holster, triggers don't pull themselves right? Except for the Sig maybe
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I like thumb safeties (if it is available, that's the model I want), but they do not change the fact that the four rules of firearm safety and general safe firearm handling practices (including safe holstering and use of a proper holster) must be observed at all times. I would rather have a modern firearm with multiple passive drop safeties that has no thumb safety rather than the opposite. As always, it is your responsibility to be safe and your experience may vary.

I am a bit surprised they don't have a manual safety version though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top