Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2023 10:43:59 PM EDT
Seems to be all the rage, lately.  

Most seem to come in 2 varieties: takedown pin replacement, or bolt-on for a race gun frame weight.  

Looking for something for a nightstand gun that mounts to the picatinny rail, while also supplying its own picatinny rail so I can still mount a light.  

Won't be holstered, so no need for low profile.    

GoGun seems to make one, but lists it as specific to fit Glock 17/22. For $40, I might just give it a shot.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 10:52:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Actually, a TLR –1 works very well. You just index your thumb on the plastic right above the switch.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I used a ball end mill to cut a little ramp for my thumb on my G45. Turned out pretty good. It's a comfortable place to hook your thumb and add some downward pressure.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 6:46:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I have them on a couple P320. It really helps with getting a repeatable grip in the winter with gloves on.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 8:28:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Would someone please post a picture of what this gas pedal looks like.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 9:03:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: networkguru] [#5]
Icarus precision is adding them to their grip frames.  Only issue is they are on both sides thus create a big hump for holsters.
I only need one on the left side.
The new SA echelon looks to have their frame have them.

I also hook my support hand finger around the front of the trigger guard to give support.  Some of my guns have rounder guards and I dont like that.  But adding a WML blocks that all together so there's that reality as well.

I like the gas pedal concept.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I had one on a p320, really liked it and made a difference in my groups.
But as mentioned, you won't be carrying in a holster with one on.
The ones that mount to the rail look really cumbersome, the ones that replace the takedown pin are worth it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 6:19:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KissMethod17] [#7]
I have the GoGuns gas pedal on my carry Beretta 92X full size. It is the one that replaces the takedown lever and is of steel material. Its solid. Just as solid of a fit as the original takedown lever. Makes a difference for me and additionally works great as an indexing point. As far as holsters go, it was easy to modify my carry holster for it to fit. I took a heat gun to the holster, shoved the pistol in, press fitted the area around the gas pedal, and quickly cooled it. Took all of about 10 minutes to complete. This may be partial to the Beretta 92, but it does not add much noticeable bulk. From the side of the frame, it just sits ever so slightly taller than the slide release. It was a good buy for me and have it on me everyday.

I am not a fan of the rail mounted ones, but I have also never tried one that installed that way. The Beretta 92 has the added benefit of a locking take down lever which likely adds to the security and rigidity of the gas pedal when applying pressure to it. I would be curious to see the fit and feel when applying pressure to say one for a P320 which does not have a locking takedown lever or one mounted to the rail.

Antimatter Industries has the "Wing" which is a gas pedal that is spring-loaded and unfolds into position once the pistol leaves the holster and folds back up when reinserting. Think a cut down AR15 spring-loaded dust cover mounted to the side of a pistol. I believe the part is actually a replacement locking plate for Surefire and Streamlight pistol lights so it requires the light in order to mount. Again, like above, not my cup of tea, though an interesting approach. It however appears to be gas pedal that you leverage downward and not inward like GoGuns.

https://www.antimatterindustries.com/wing-buy-now
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:03:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#8]
I’m not sure why people who haven’t used them hate them so much, but it’s always a controversial subject when it comes up.

The ones becoming popular today aren’t nearly as effective as the old massive ones at reducing muzzle rise. They do help a little bit but their biggest benefit is reducing effort/thought to get a consistent grip on the gun. Similar to a red dot, they make consistency a little easier.

Then again I’m also a firm believer that pistol frames made for specific handed shooters would be a huge benefit and that’s a market no go.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:14:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
I’m not sure why people who haven’t used them hate them so much, but it’s always a controversial subject when it comes up.

The ones becoming popular today aren’t nearly as effective as the old massive ones at reducing muzzle rise. They do help a little bit but their biggest benefit is reducing effort/thought to get a consistent grip on the gun. Similar to a red dot, they make consistency a little easier.

Then again I’m also a firm believer that pistol frames made for specific handed shooters would be a huge benefit and that’s a market no go.
View Quote

There's a reason so many target pistols have formed grips. Really locks you into it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top