Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2020 6:58:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SteveOak]
1911's since 1975, new to Kimber.

What are the gold standard magazines for a Stainless Pro Carry II in 9mm?

I don't care about extra capacity or any particular aesthetic such as stainless, coated, what type of pad, just looking for 100% reliable.

I have always bought Wilson Combat magazines and pieces parts for my 45's so I am predisposed to WC mags.

For self defense I use 124gr Gold Dots and for range time I use American Eagle\Federal 124gr round nose if that matters.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I have had good service in my 1911s with mags from Wilson, CMC-(now owned by Wilson), Mec-Gar, and Metalform, I don't buy USA or Promag 191 Mags. I've read that Tripp Research makes good 1911 mags, but have no personal experience. Also, check to see what's in stock at CDNN.com; their mags are sometimes cheap enough to take a chance on.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 11:17:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#2]
CMC power mags.  I dumped my factory mags without even using them.  CMC mags run perfect, and I have shot this gun alot.

I have a lightweight HDII 9mm commander length, bushingless bull barrel.

The Wilson 9mm mags actually have a disclaimer that they will not run in some 9mm 1911s, probably due to feed ramp variations.  CMC may have this too, but the CMC mags have some of the feed ramp built into the mags.

9mm is a different animal in 1911 than .45ACP, so avoid anecdotal sort of things on mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top