Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2017 9:39:22 AM EDT
Bought my wife a Kimber Micro 9 Raptor Custom Shop for Christmas. Went to the local indoor range Saturday and she put 300 rounds through it. Several failure to go into battery issues and a few (too many) failure to load when 7 rounds put into the mag (yes they are 7 round mags.) Also the gun is shooting high left, first thought it was her anticipating the shot but did it with me and one range employee. Easy enough fix on the left issue but it is 3" high at 10 yards. Ammo type was Winchester white box 115 grain, 115 grain hollow points and above even tried some 147 grain. Battery failure (usually second round) usually occurred on second shot but sometimes deeper into the mag.

Went to range again yesterday with another 400 rounds of Winchester white box 115 grain and a box of Selier &  Bellot as well as some Winchester Hollow points.  As the range day progressed fewer and fewer failure to return to battery. Did experience a couple mis feeds (mag not popping round up), what appeared to be failure to extract, and a hammer drop on live round after shot fired.

Last 100 rounds was done in a more rapid fire sequence with 1 round per second (I was keeping mags loaded) and only experienced 1 failure to feed. Appeared again as mag didn't kick the round up.

Multiple types of ammo used all experiencing the same failure so in my opinion ammo is ruled out. Several at the shop said Kimber's have to be "broken in." I feel that this gun should run perfect out of the box, considering it is a "custom shop" gun for whatever that's worth.

Any thoughts or idea? My wife really likes the gun and wants it to be her daily carry. However, if she cannot trust it then it's worthless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top