Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2024 5:26:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OSU_Buckeyes]
Looks like Walther is going back to their roots and has announced a PPK chambered in .32 ACP.

https://waltherarms.com/firearms/ppk/ppk-32-black
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m stoked!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet.
These things are ridiculously over priced but I really want one in 32.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Too high of a price point but the original caliber makes more fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool. Not $900 cool.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#5]
"Like a brick..."
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By meistermash:
Sweet.
These things are ridiculously over priced but I really want one in 32.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:36:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlitzPig] [#7]
The street price will still probably be lower than what original Ulm or pre war made ones are going for these days.

I'll have to have one.

Damn it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:38:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone have first hand experience regarding their quality?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:59:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By myitinaw:

View Quote

Can’t say on the 32 but I have a Ft Smith made 380 fit and finish is excellent and it’s been reliable.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:47:41 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
My late roomie (RIP) had a very early Fort Smith .380.  It was awesome.  I have the extended beavertail but that's more cosmetic than anything.  The gun shot like a little beast!  100 percent reliable and accurate as you would expect a Walther to be.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:10:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlvinYork] [#11]
looks sweet. I prefer the PP model. They fit my hands better. I bought one from Centerfire about twenty years ago when they were selling Manurhin made German State Police surplus pistols. They were selling for around $240 or $250 if I remember right they came complete with a shoulder holster. I use it as one of my carry pieces.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:25:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AlvinYork:
looks sweet. I prefer the PP model. They fit my hands better. I bought one from Centerfire about twenty years ago when they were selling Manurhin made German State Police surplus pistols. They were selling for around $240 or $250 if I remember right they came complete with a shoulder holster. I use it as one of my carry pieces.
View Quote
That's what I carry also.  Honestly... the .32 PP is the best "PPk", IMO.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the responses.

I too have a Ft Smith made 380, and it was damn rough.
The safety literally broke in half after just a few times of
being engaged/disengaged.

I took it to a local gun wizard that replaced the safety,
polished, tuned, etc. It's now GTG after spending $150
to de-turdify it.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:53:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: desertmoon] [#14]

Thanks for the responses.

I too have a Ft Smith made 380, and it was damn rough.
The safety literally broke in half after just a few times of
being engaged/disengaged.

I took it to a local gun wizard that replaced the safety,
polished, tuned, etc. It's now GTG after spending $150
to de-turdify it.

View Quote
Damn, Dude!  That sucks!!!  Glad you got it runnin' !!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:29:33 AM EDT
[#15]
I had a 380 but the long S&W beavertail cut and beat my hand so bad every time I shot it I had to dump it. Would love to have this one but not with that shit beaver tail.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:11:23 AM EDT
[#16]
This is why the .32 is the optimum caliber for the PP series pistols.  It's the caliber they were initially developed around and have a far softer recoil impulse than the very snappy .380 in small blow back type pistols.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#17]
I have an older PP in 32 and a post recall Smalther PPK in 380 (I like the extended tang, to each his own).  I'd like a PPK in 32 but I don't want one enough to shell out a grand.  Got on a 32 kick a couple years ago and ended up with seven or eight, but no PPK.  I like the caliber despite it's limitations.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Yup, they were $250, and the one I bought was my first use of the C&R license I applied for back then. Mine did not come with a holster but it had the box and cleaning tool.

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Just give me a Walther uodated “TP” 12-14 rounds .32 ACP in size of LCP or LCP Max!  Lets move in to current world!
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Glad this is finally happening.  I’ve sent them several emails over the years since the Ft. Smith facility opened asking for a .32 PPK - their response was always “nothing planned”.

I’m guessing street price will be around $750-800.  I might even be an early adopter at $900.  Hopefully that stops the urge to shoot my pristine, in the box, ‘67 German .32 PPK.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 7:43:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlvinYork] [#21]
Originally Posted By JohnRippert:

Yup, they were $250, and the one I bought was my first use of the C&R license I applied for back then. Mine did not come with a holster but it had the box and cleaning tool.

https://images2.imgbox.com/80/f2/UNrWyPKC_o.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JohnRippert:

https://images2.imgbox.com/80/f2/UNrWyPKC_o.jpg

I must have been one of the lucky ones, I checked, I still have the shoulder holster. I read somewhere that when they made Dr. No they had trouble finding PPKs for filming. So in several shots, Connery was shown using a PP. Also when he capped the geologist with the silencer if you look closely he used an FN Browning M1910, the silencer they used had a wooden dowel to hold it onto the barrel.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:47:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By sundance435:
Glad this is finally happening.  I've sent them several emails over the years since the Ft. Smith facility opened asking for a .32 PPK - their response was always "nothing planned".

I'm guessing street price will be around $750-800.  I might even be an early adopter at $900.  Hopefully that stops the urge to shoot my pristine, in the box, '67 German .32 PPK.
View Quote
If I can shoot an NIB 1972 Auto Mag or my NIB .22 Colt Diamondback.........

Shoot that little German hussy!!!!  Shoot the shit out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top