Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2023 3:37:22 AM EDT
I have a Safariland 6360RDS ALS®/SLS Mid-Ride, Level III Retention Duty Holster IN MULTICAM.   I was using it with my Glock 17 and X300, RMR.

I did some trading aroudn and now have a Glock 19x with G45 lower.  its a "Roland Special" build with a KKM barrel and Brake.

The firearm almost fits the holster, but doesn't retain.  The brake keeps it just a hair away from locking in.  Has anyone every had experience modifying their G17 size 630RDS, or do I need to go up to the larger Glock size hollster (34?)

Here's my current holster and the older firearm:

https://www.tacswap.com/post/64d92cfc4e949e1eee335b1a

I'lll shoot the 19x later if needed, but its basically exactly this but with a G45 size grip:

https://ateiguns.com/product/roland-special/

Im also selling this SI Glock package ,btw,.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 6:47:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ScoutH57] [#1]
Yes you can, pop out the muzzle plug and reform the muzzle end kydex and/or mod the barrel plug end. That said you can get it to work and lock without the muzzle plug but be mindful of retention changes such as with and without a light.

If it’s just not quite fitting I’d suggest just bumping up to a 34 holster.

Safariland used to sell different barrel plugs but quit for some reason

Also things like this may give you a pit if clearance.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 5:59:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Scout has it well covered.  To see if it's a simple muzzle plug swap, remove the current plug and see if the gun with the light fits and locks in.  If it does. then you just need to cut down the current plug or buy a replacement with enough clearance.

If the gun doesn't fit, then the kydex shell itself doesn't have enough room and you'll have to either experiment with heating it up around the muzzle and reforming it, or just go to a 34 length holster.

Anymore, I just buy 34 length safarilands and modify or change out the plugs if needed.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 6:53:40 PM EDT
[#3]
This is going to sound eminent inept, but these all sounds like things Id rather my gunsmith do.  I don't want to drill out or reform a nice new holster.  maybe they can do it.

Or maybe there's a trace out thee for the 3 size.  Whats the model name?
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#4]
The plug is a separate part, it pops out after you remove the bolt down at the bottom of the holster near the muzzle end
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 10:10:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy the 34 holster. Part number should end with 6832.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes,   if you're not willing to do your own experimentation and work just get the 34 holster,  It will work with the kkm comp.  I wouldn't bother paying a gunsmith to mod a holster.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:52:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Think anyone will trade an in-the-package 630RDS for a 6832?
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 3:07:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lavaspit11:
View Quote

Your holster part number should be 6360RDS-832-701.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 2:49:09 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
Safariland's part numbers have 3 separate data sets separated by dashes.  The first set is the holster model, it defines the type of retention, the ride height, and special features like red dot compatibility.  The second set of numbers defined the handgun model its fit for and whether it takes a light or not.  And the last numbers determine the draw hand and color/finish of the holster.

So currently you have the 6390RDS-832-701, which is the mid ride ALS locking duty holster for a Glock 17 with light and red dot, for a right hand shooter and multicam.

If you want the exact same holster except for the Glock 34, you want part number 6390RDS-6832-701.

Link Posted: 9/3/2023 10:02:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks man.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 11:40:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
Safariland's part numbers have 3 separate data sets separated by dashes.  The first set is the holster model, it defines the type of retention, the ride height, and special features like red dot compatibility.  The second set of numbers defined the handgun model its fit for and whether it takes a light or not.  And the last numbers determine the draw hand and color/finish of the holster.

So currently you have the 6390RDS-832-701, which is the mid ride ALS locking duty holster for a Glock 17 with light and red dot, for a right hand shooter and multicam.

If you want the exact same holster except for the Glock 34, you want part number 6390RDS-6832-701.

View Quote

None of these?

https://www.opticsplanet.com/safariland-model-6354do-als-optic-tactical-holster-for-red-dot-optic-safa-6354do.html
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 12:41:55 AM EDT
[#12]
The 6354DO series was Safariland's first generation of red dot duty holsters, and made specifically for a military contract for Glocks wearing the Docter Optic MRDS, the "DO" in the part number stands for Docter Optic.

Since it's made for that optic specifically, it doesn't fit with an RMR without modification.  I've done it years back before the newer RDS holsters came out, it required heating the kydex at the optic hood and reshaping it to fit the RMR.

So you could try it, get one of the Glock 34 size models but plan to have to modify it to work with your setup.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Now way Im heating Kydex or Codura.  I have a Glock 19x lower, 45 upper with KKM Precision Match Barrel and Comp, and a POS Holoson which shouldn't matter.  

I feel like this is nto a unique fit.  Is basically just a long 19x.  So Ill go with your earlier model designation.   Maybe Ill get a lower level retention system - like one of the new duty holsters, or something.

Holsters are a bitch.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 10:11:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ScoutH57] [#14]
Now way Im heating Kydex or Codura.  I have a Glock 19x lower, 45 upper with KKM Precision Match Barrel and Comp, and a POS Holoson which shouldn't matter.  

I feel like this is nto a unique fit.  Is basically just a long 19x.  So Ill go with your earlier model designation.   Maybe Ill get a lower level retention system - like one of the new duty holsters, or something.

Holsters are a bitch.
View Quote

The only thing you have to do on a 6354DO is trim a tiny bit of plastic that the front of the RMR hits. The forward or rearward location of where the optic cut is, some are a little more forward or rearward. It’s not rocket science

That comp is enormous but it should fit a 34 holster
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 11:43:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ScoutH57:

The only thing you have to do on a 6354DO is trim a tiny bit of plastic that the front of the RMR hits. The forward or rearward location of where the optic cut is, some are a little more forward or rearward. It’s not rocket science

That comp is enormous but it should fit a 34 holster
View Quote

There's also a possibility of fitment issues with the older holster on the 19x and gen 5 guns. It would be safer to go with the newer RDS holsters.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 1:48:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lavaspit11] [#16]
Old thread but just want to verify that this will work, particlarly because its on sale:

https://offbase.co/products/safariland-6390rds-als-mid-ride-holster-duty-holster-w-light-rds

This is for a 19X Roland Special build with a KKM barrel and comp, Holoson (for now), and X300.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 11/16/2023 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Old thread but just want to verify that this will work, particlarly because its on sale:

https://offbase.co/products/safariland-6390rds-als-mid-ride-holster-duty-holster-w-light-rds

This is for a 19X Roland Special build with a KKM barrel and comp, Holoson (for now), and X300.

Thanks.

View Quote
The G34/35 length one should work, yes.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
The G34/35 length one should work, yes.
View Quote

Looks like with Honey coupons I can get the Safariland site under $200.

Heres what I have in my cart:

6390RDS - ALS® Mid-Ride Level I Retention™ Duty Holster Model: 6390RDS Part: 6390RDS-6832-701 Firearm: Glock 34 Gen5 (5.32 Barrel Length, 9x19mm Parabellum Caliber) / Surefire X300 / Standard Optics Similar to Trijicon RMR/HOLOSUN 507 Options: MultiCam® / Right / Cordura® / Hardshell STX SKU: 1204856
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 12:46:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Perfect fit!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top