Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2023 8:52:35 AM EDT
The mounting system for the RCR seems a little wonky to me. I know the goal was to use the RMR footprint, but I think I'd prefer a clamp like the Acro has.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:11:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:
Have you tried it? I have not.
View Quote
I haven't. Just saw a video about it.

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:13:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I have, it takes longer to install but since the battery is top mounted, unless you're moving it to another gun, it stays put and there's no need to remove it.

As long as the users follow instructions they'll be fine, but from our experience, some users won't read and follow best practice as put forth by the manufacturer, this is my only concern that it's less forgiving for folks that just do whatever and ignore instructions.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I've learned to not underestimate people's capacity to mess things up, I've done it myself because I don't like to read instructions

I think it's fine, it's a different means for sure.  Would have been easy to use a Picatinny style mount like ACRO uses.  Trijicon RMR already has a huge user base and 3rd party support, it makes sense to continue using the RMR footprint.  Plates and slides that use bosses (threaded or unthreaded, it's a ZEV patent) will not be able to use the RCR.

Due to the capstan screws constraint, two of our multiple RMR plates also won't work unless either we or Trijicon start to make these screws available.

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Aaron Cowan mentions the capstan screw mounting a bit in his review video. As Duffy said, the RCR won't work with cuts with screw posts.

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:27:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
Aaron Cowan mentions the capstan screw mounting a bit in his review video. As Duffy said, the RCR won't work with cuts with screw posts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLgHC0aF9-I
View Quote

Battlewerks did most of my RMR cuts so they have the screw post setup.  They do offer a discounted “Legacy Mod” for slides they’ve done in the past.  Basically re-mill it with a traditional RMR footprint to allow the use of both the RCR and RMR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top