Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2022 12:10:27 AM EDT
Let me first start off by saying I’m not out looking for Souvenirs.

I’m actually just out hiking I’m trying to locate historical sites on my trips.

I’ve been out there a few times already. Having not located the site itself, has anybody been able to locate it and if so could you help me get a little bit closer or narrow down my locations.

Thanks for the help if anybody is able to shoot me a private message that would help.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 2:48:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wolfpack] [#1]
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes that is it.  

For some reason that link is not working.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 2:31:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wolfpack:

Hmmmm..it worked when I posted it but yea it's dead for me now too.

Just Google The Hunt for 928

Or

Tom Mahood 928
View Quote

I think they have some outside linking disabled or something, it worked fine just copying your url
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 12:11:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok, thanks guy the direct copy and paste worked. I had seen the page before.  

I was out in meadow valley this week and I was only able to make it to what I believe was the valley just west of the ejection seat and memorial site. It was just getting dark and we had to make it back to the vehicle before dark.

I am going out again the week of thanksgiving and want to be out there before the sun comes up.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 12:52:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 27Katana:
Ok, thanks guy the direct copy and paste worked. I had seen the page before.  

I was out in meadow valley this week and I was only able to make it to what I believe was the valley just west of the ejection seat and memorial site. It was just getting dark and we had to make it back to the vehicle before dark.

I am going out again the week of thanksgiving and want to be out there before the sun comes up.  
View Quote

Wonderhussy is quirky and not everyone's cup of tea, but she has a good video on going to the site with some wide shots to help identify the hills and the road in.

Extremely Remote Super Secret A-12 CIA Spy Plane Crash Site Memorial

Link Posted: 11/19/2022 1:30:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By turbobrick:

Wonderhussy is quirky and not everyone's cup of tea, but she has a good video on going to the site with some wide shots to help identify the hills and the road in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj51eEosM7s

View Quote

She’s awesome.  Thanks for the link, don’t think I’d seen that one before.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 1337-G:

She's awesome.  Thanks for the link, don't think I'd seen that one before.
View Quote
I'm a fan, I just know not everyone appreciates her style 9or pit hair ).  I'm pretty sure searching the net for info on 928 after reading Mahood's story lead me to this video, which lead me to all of her videos.  Usually a fun watch, and great for researching a spot before you head out.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 12:31:48 AM EDT
[#10]
If anyone wants to try a run out there I’m game as long as I don’t have to camp.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 1:28:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm a fan, I just know not everyone appreciates her style 9or pit hair ).  I'm pretty sure searching the net for info on 928 after reading Mahood's story lead me to this video, which lead me to all of her videos.  Usually a fun watch, and great for researching a spot before you head out.
View Quote

I’ve been a fan from way before the pit hair development 🤣 so I can overlook it, but yeah I can see where that would be off-putting to some. Her solo adventuring though is refreshing.

I love seeing a video of hers and recognizing the place from my travels in the desert. Definitely a great way to check things out prior to a visit as well.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 2:24:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 1337-G:

I've been a fan from way before the pit hair development    so I can overlook it, but yeah I can see where that would be off-putting to some. Her solo adventuring though is refreshing.

I love seeing a video of hers and recognizing the place from my travels in the desert. Definitely a great way to check things out prior to a visit as well.
View Quote
Exactly, she is a great resource for checking stuff out before going.  She had one video where she found an artifact in a cabin that was bizarrely related to a friend of mine.  My wife and I drove out there to look at it, and had a great morning fly fishing in a beautiful spot.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 3:03:38 AM EDT
[#14]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj51eEosM7s

View Quote
I'm in one or two or her videos
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 4:34:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Skammy:
I'm in one or two or her videos
View Quote
I keep hoping to bump into her out there somewhere.  If you see her tell her wassup from Arfcom.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 3:48:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 27Katana] [#16]
I found the memorial this past weekend and I will post some pics here. Unfortunately you can’t drive in to where the memorial is as everything has been washed out pretty bad from rain. I tried to clean out some of the debris, but the ruts and rocks were just too big.  

Im still narrowing down the location of the planes impact site though. Once I find that I will post some updates.

Pano of the memorial

Regular picture of the memorial site

Link Posted: 1/3/2023 3:03:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Awesome, glad you got there.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#18]
This is really cool!! I want to make my way down there sometime in the next few months. Thanks for the info and pics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top