Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2023 5:15:57 PM EDT
Dina Titus "Keep Americans Safe Act", probably just the beginning of their bullshit this session
https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/politics-and-government/nevada/titus-introduces-bill-to-ban-high-capacity-magazines-2720909/
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 5:49:51 PM EDT
[#1]
We could start by keeping Nevadans safe by getting rid of Titus and Masto.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By crapshoot:
We could start by keeping Nevadans safe by getting rid of Titus and Masto.
View Quote
Yep. We had a chance last election, all we managed was electing RINO Joe

Unless I'm mistaken, the Dim's can ram through whatever they want. With a super majority even IF RINO Joe wanted to veto, he can't.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By shultz:

Unless I'm mistaken, the Dim's can ram through whatever they want. With a super majority even IF RINO Joe wanted to veto, he can't.
View Quote

Welcome to East Kalifuckistan.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 7:32:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By LVJD:

Welcome to East Kalifuckistan.  
View Quote
I've been in Vegas for 36 years, seen lots of change, much of it didn't make this a better place to live.
This will likely be my last year in NV...
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:22:56 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

They have a super majority in the assembly not in the senate.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:42:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By tstorms:

They have a super majority in the assembly not in the senate.
View Quote
I thought they had both. I suspect many of our legislatures would love to make Nevada a shiny new example of what gun control should look like for the nation...
Dina's bill has little to no chance of making it thru the house. Nationally, I don't see AWB or mag ban happening. I wish I felt the same for Nevada..

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 3:34:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NN300BLK] [#7]
Dina Titus "Keep Americans Safe Act", probably just the beginning of their bullshit this session
https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/politics-and-government/nevada/titus-introduces-bill-to-ban-high-capacity-magazines-2720909/
View Quote
You realize that this bill was introduced in the United States House of Representatives, right???

The only directly firearms related bill that I've heard of being introduced in the Nevada Assembly/Senate is AB81: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/NELIS/REL/82nd2023/Bill/9661/Overview

AB81 Title:
AN ACT relating to crimes; authorizing a person who holds a permit to carry a concealed firearm to possess a handgun in a motor vehicle that is on the property of the Nevada System of Higher Education or a private or public school or child care facility in certain circumstances; and providing other matters properly relating thereto.
View Quote

According to Ballotpedia, there are 13 Democrat and 8 Republican Senators in the State Senate (https://ballotpedia.org/Nevada_State_Senate#Legislative_roles_and_procedures) and 27 Democrat and 14 Republicans in the Assembly with 1 vacancy in a previously Democrat-held seat (https://ballotpedia.org/Nevada_State_Assembly).

Also, according to Ballotpedia, it takes a 2/3 majority to override a Governor's veto.
https://ballotpedia.org/Nevada_State_Senate#Legislative_roles_and_procedures
How many legislators are required to vote for an override? Two-thirds of members in both chambers

Two-thirds of members in both chambers must vote to override a veto, which is 28 of the 42 members in the Nevada State Assembly and 14 of the 21 members in the Nevada State Senate. Nevada is one of 36 states that requires a two-thirds vote from both of its legislative chambers to override a veto.
View Quote

It took literally 2 minutes of googling for me to learn all of that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By NN300BLK:
You realize that this bill was introduced in the United States House of Representatives, right???

The only directly firearms related bill that I've heard of being introduced in the Nevada Assembly/Senate is AB81: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/NELIS/REL/82nd2023/Bill/9661/Overview

According to Ballotpedia, there are 13 Democrat and 8 Republican Senators in the State Senate (https://ballotpedia.org/Nevada_State_Senate#Legislative_roles_and_procedures) and 27 Democrat and 14 Republicans in the Assembly with 1 vacancy in a previously Democrat-held seat (https://ballotpedia.org/Nevada_State_Assembly).

Also, according to Ballotpedia, it takes a 2/3 majority to override a Governor's veto.

It took literally 2 minutes of googling for me to learn all of that.
View Quote
I do... but I think the NV legislature will try to do what big Gov can't at this time. I'm sure Dina is already whispering in their ears...

I had not looked into the break down for the state Senate honestly... seems they're one short for super majority so hopefully the Dim's don't have ONE Rep turncoat... I did remember the Dim's had a super majority in the Assembly. I still don't trust RINO Joe, He'll probably happily sign any gun control they throw his way.

I have been checking Nelis, like you, I haven't seen much in the way of gun control. They're just getting started in 3 days though...
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:21:42 AM EDT
[#9]
The Nevada Dems have PLENTY of time to introduce more anti-gun garbage for the coming legislative session. They only need to flip one weak Repbulican to make it veto proof. There is a good chance we'll see some bullshit come out of this session.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 1:47:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Nevada is never coming back. Most unsecure elections in the US,and thats really saying something.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 5:54:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CavScout] [#11]
They now want to decriminalize more illegal drugs under the guise of “research”. You mean research like Portland Oregon? This shit is intentional. They want chaos and by god they are going to get it because of the things they are pushing through this session, IF they pass. I bet they will and the .Gov will sign it. We will become more and more like ANTIFA-run Oregon and they are so pleased with themselves, not ashamed of their idiocy.

They also are pushing for “contraceptive” provisions for children in Nevada. Do you know what the definition of “contraceptives” is now? Abortions.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 10:40:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CavScout] [#12]
Ready for the taint? They want to now taint jury pools and it is in today’s LVRJ. These assholes are pushing our shit right in with no fucks to give. It is all about diversity you know.

“This bill is designed to increase the diversification of our juror pools,” Harris said. “You cannot have a jury that represents the community if you do not have juror pool that represents the community.”

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/politics-and-government/nevada/2023-legislature/bill-would-allow-ex-cons-to-serve-on-criminal-juries-right-after-release-2743403/
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:57:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By StanleySpidowski:
Nevada is never coming back. Most unsecure elections in the US,and thats really saying something.
View Quote

THIS

Massive mail in ballots being sent out without requiring voter rolls be be cleaned up, ballot harvesting, counting votes a week after election day, virtually no oversight what so ever.

This has to be fixed, otherwise nothing can ever change.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Maxx702:

THIS

Massive mail in ballots being sent out without requiring voter rolls be be cleaned up, ballot harvesting, counting votes a week after election day, virtually no oversight what so ever.

This has to be fixed, otherwise nothing can ever change.
View Quote

How can a first world country operate like this. The sec state was no help in the last election.I dont know why they allowed Lombardo to win,maybe to distract from stealing the Senate?
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 9:49:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWMCoalition] [#15]
These fuckers won't stop. Assembly Bill 355

ETA:

AB355 makes it a gross misdemeanor for anyone under 21 to possess or control a semiautomatic shotgun or rifle. The bill also updates existing laws and penalties against aiding or knowingly permitting a person to possess a semiautomatic weapon, raising the age to 21. Hunting laws are also updated to eliminate possession of a semiautomatic weapon for children 14 and older, allowing only weapons that are not fully automatic or semiautomatic.

AB355 also requires that the rifle or shotgun must be unloaded and stored in a securely locked container when not in use.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:51:04 PM EDT
[#16]
That bill would remove semi options for anyone under 21 and not even allow them to use them at the range or hunting.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 12:07:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AWMCoalition:

ETA:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AWMCoalition:

ETA:

AB355 makes it a gross misdemeanor for anyone under 21 to possess or control a semiautomatic shotgun or rifle. The bill also updates existing laws and penalties against aiding or knowingly permitting a person to possess a semiautomatic weapon, raising the age to 21. Hunting laws are also updated to eliminate possession of a semiautomatic weapon for children 14 and older, allowing only weapons that are not fully automatic or semiautomatic.

AB355 also requires that the rifle or shotgun must be unloaded and stored in a securely locked container when not in use.

Fuck these communist mother fuckers. The end of this shit is sitting with the Judicial branch.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#18]
I wish there was a way to get Joe to change the background check law and give us our free background checks in parking lots back.  Fucking Sisolak just changed the wording so Joe should be able to do the same. ‘Unless other options are available or systems cannot be operated due to business hours.’  Gun sales at 6pm in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 1:35:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By CavScout:
Ready for the taint? They want to now taint jury pools and it is in today’s LVRJ. These assholes are pushing our shit right in with no fucks to give. It is all about diversity you know.

“This bill is designed to increase the diversification of our juror pools,” Harris said. “You cannot have a jury that represents the community if you do not have juror pool that represents the community.”

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/politics-and-government/nevada/2023-legislature/bill-would-allow-ex-cons-to-serve-on-criminal-juries-right-after-release-2743403/
View Quote

Opposed.
Text...
"A stunningly idiotic bill that is clearly meant to pander to the lowest common denominator in society.
Allowing felons to act as a cancer on our already weakened and frequently ineffective criminal justice system is so far beyond the pale of rational thought it should be laughed out of consideration on the Senate floor by every state senator with an ounce of common sense."

Here's a link...post your opinion.
https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/NELIS/REL/82nd2023/Bill/10022/Overview
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top