Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2022 12:19:51 PM EDT
After a couple years of not being on it we decided last April or May to just go in the even payment plan. Setup autopay and know the exact amount coming out even during peak summer months.

Yesterday I get an email saying they’re changing our monthly payment because of our usage. Bastards are taking it from $165 per month to $315! They are nearly doubling our bill. I’ve looked at our dashboard and it does appear we used more energy over previous years but not double. I get if they increase it some since we used more, but nearly double is insane. Plus I think we’re seeing another rate increase next month.

First time we’ve ever done this equal payment crap but turning that shit off as soon as the 12 months is up. If I turn it off now they want $1,100.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine doubled this month also
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#2]
PlUg In YoUr ElEcTrIc CaR
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 9:32:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait until summer comes……
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 5:12:44 PM EDT
[#4]
And they want to become energy independent. So, no more open market purchasing. More in state solar = higher cost for everyone.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UV18:
And they want to become energy independent. So, no more open market purchasing. More in state solar = higher cost for everyone.
View Quote

Didn't "We" vote for this a couple years back?  Glad i bought a solar system a couple years back.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 1:48:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I get weekly texts regarding my bill from NV Energy. They’re stating that this month is projected to be ~$60 more than last month. Nothing inside our house has changed; it’s been kinda cold lately but looking at our daily snapshot it looks like our usage is the same. Not sure what’s going on, but I’m a little worried for January and February at this point.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AWMCoalition:

Didn't "We" vote for this a couple years back?  Glad i bought a solar system a couple years back.
View Quote

They did.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 9:27:07 PM EDT
[#8]
No huge changes here.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the electric bill in our budget calculated as an average monthly payment over the course of 12 payments.

The previous time I did that average it was $5 less than what it came out to just last month. It is entirely possible they introduced some new tier structure or just new rates very recently but I am not seeing a noticeable change.

I'm seeing $64 on my oct nov 21 statement and $73 on the same for this year.

definitely up through july august and the rest of the summer but likely within our usage and temp differences and more like 40% increase not 100% eg $170 last august vs $236 this year I've also been using a lot more power tools...

Link Posted: 12/13/2022 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 12:37:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wolfpack] [#11]
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#12]
so july august 2021 rates were 0.10133/kwh vs july august 2022 0.11921/kwh

oct nov 2022 it's 0.12531/kwh used 8% less electricity over last year but it went up 10% in $
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe I'm a stupid Northie and I don't know how much more AC Southies need, but I don't get why someone would choose the "Equal Payment Plan" -- it seems like the idea is to spread the cost of summer AC over the entire year, but what difference does it make if the money is sitting in your savings account for the summer months or if you're paying a higher winter rate?
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By NN300BLK:
Maybe I'm a stupid Northie and I don't know how much more AC Southies need, but I don't get why someone would choose the "Equal Payment Plan" -- it seems like the idea is to spread the cost of summer AC over the entire year, but what difference does it make if the money is sitting in your savings account for the summer months or if you're paying a higher winter rate?
View Quote

85% of the population can't save a nickel. If they get one they spend it as soon as they can.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By NN300BLK:
View Quote

Knowing your exact credit/debit numbers every month makes budgeting much easier.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#16]
My bill has changed very little. Up a little over last year from rate changes.
Summer I run the swamp cooler and winter the pellet stove. $ 45 a month.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#17]
So how is this equal payment comparing to the actual monthly charges your power bill WOULD be now?
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#18]
You get what you vote for.

I have equal pay and Time of Use metering. My bill is next to nothing during the winter, so I’d rather let NV energy carry the charges from the expensive summer usage.

I regret not getting solar back when it was cheap and had really good incentives. I didn’t realize how fucked we were going to be on generation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top