Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2024 7:19:40 PM EDT
Hey y’all, I’m heading up for a quick trip to Pigeon Forge soon and would like some restaurant and bourbon bar suggestions.

I’m up for a convention and would prefer a non-touristy type place if something like that fits the bill. I know the area is a built up tourist trap, I’d be ok with a good meal if it’s at a tourist spot.

Thank y’all!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Local goat is one of my absolute favorite restaurants in Tennessee. It’s in PF.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Cookie dough monster for burgers
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#3]
In Gatlinburg, but the Greenbrier
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ropin4gold:
Local goat is one of my absolute favorite restaurants in Tennessee. It’s in PF.
View Quote

Honestly curious about why. I live here and two visits left me unimpressed and borderline disgusted with cleanliness. Dirty floors, tables, silverware, glasses... Mediocre food at a premium cost. "Over-Chef'd" menu and complex flavors covering up Sysco-grade base ingredients. Add in the often long wait due to tourists who read Yelp and, well, there are a lots of better options.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#5]
The vast majority of restaurants in PF are national chain places with mediocre food and service, sorry, but that’s the truth. Let’s face it, PF and Gatlinburg for that matter have a “captive” audience. Most tourist traps are that way.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#6]
The Blue Moose is pretty good bar food, so is Smokey Mountain Brewery, Gatlinburg location is best.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:01:59 PM EDT
[#7]
This is a little disheartening. I’m coming up for a big car show and was wanting a good meal from a local joint.

Thank y’all for the information.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:13:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Unfortunately the the local people and places and use of land  are being replaced by money
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:04:42 AM EDT
[#9]
OP, be prepared for the traffic. It’s bad.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had good meals at Cherokee grill in gatlinburg. Kind of behind it is a microbrewery that makes a damn good burger too. Both owned by the same family.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:00:40 PM EDT
[#11]
If you head into Sevierville there's The Diner on Winfield Dunn. I've been there a couple of times and it's been good food and service, and it's 4 or 5 miles south of Smoky Mountain Knife Works and Bud's Guns.

SMKW and Bud's are just north of Boyd's Creek Highway. If you drive down Boyd's Creek about 7 miles there is Local Eatery and Grill. I haven't eaten in the restaurant but get takeout from there, has always been a good meal.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:24:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't know if it's too 'touristy' or not, but the "Old Mill" has excellent food and service. Long line, but everything in PF does...

Larry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top