Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2023 2:01:06 PM EDT
Will be traveling with United has anyone checked in firearms either with them or terminal 3 specifically.

I know the rules from my side etc Locked container the AR's will be in half and locks fitted to the receivers etc.

Just wondering how they handle it in this specific location do they walk the case/me up to TSA for inspection or do they send it into the special baggage area and have you wait until clearance or something else.

I know that the agent sending it down the normal baggage belt can cause issues and don't want to get locks cut and delayed due to incorrect process at check in.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:32:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't say for Terminal 3 specifically but I've checked guns at McCarran many times and it's always been "hang out over there for 15 minutes*  and if we don't call you back up you're good to go"

*i give them 20 minutes
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 8:05:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jeepva] [#2]
Never been an issue. Fly in and out Vegas 4 or 5 times a year. Been doing for it years now.  

Just declare it to the ticket agent. Make it sure its unloaded and locked up. Fill out the card from the airline.  

Hang out for 20 min or so around the counter or the "Flag Pole" and your gtg if they don't call you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top