Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2024 3:07:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m1awolf]
So how is everyone holding up with this storm. No accumulation in Great Falls just wind/rain. I heard that the pass at Showdown/Neihart is closed with 38" on the ground,12" in Belt and the road between Belt and White Sulpher is closed. Crazy weather and it is supposed to be 80 here this weekend.

UPDATE 5/9/24

Talked with my Uncle last night who lives in between Monarch and Neihart. He has about 2' of wet heavy snow, with the snow and heavy winds on Tuesday night there are many downed trees and branches, some of which took out power lines. His power is out and he is running on his generator. Power company says it will be days before power is restored.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Sunny and 58  in the Flathead right now. We got some rain the past couple of days.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:38:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:43:37 AM EDT
[#3]
My roof sounded like it was going to come off a few times here in Billings. I'm just glad we didn't get snow.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#4]
My dry creek bed is filled, luckily not too high. I did some work a few weeks ago cleaning out the culverts. It looks like it really helped.

Was this enough moisture to fix the snowpack levels for this year?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:53:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
My dry creek bed is filled, luckily not too high. I did some work a few weeks ago cleaning out the culverts. It looks like it really helped.

Was this enough moisture to fix the snowpack levels for this year?
View Quote

Well, I can’t easily find the map detailing snow/water equivalent like I can when we’re below average so something tells me we’re doing pretty darn well overall.

I mean, they’d never hide positive data in order to sell gLoBaL wArMiNg hoaxes, would they?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:14:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Eagle_19er:

Well, I can’t easily find the map detailing snow/water equivalent like I can when we’re below average so something tells me we’re doing pretty darn well overall.

I mean, they’d never hide positive data in order to sell gLoBaL wArMiNg hoaxes, would they?
View Quote

https://nwcc-apps.sc.egov.usda.gov/imap/#version=169&elements=&networks=
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top