Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2023 8:41:37 PM EDT
Done to death, I know. My focus is on the water situation. Based on what I’ve researched, there is a happy median between the extremes of complete ignorance and environmental alarmists. My understanding is Lake Mead/CO River impacts are more of a risk for parts of SoCal and AZ than NV. There is a lot that is on aquifers, and NV is pretty solid on water recycling.

For anyone keeping an eye on WA, it is clear that this state has become politically untenable, which is a huge driver for leaving, plus from a lifestyle standpoint, Vegas and the surrounding area resonates with wife and me. Summerlin and Desert Shores are primary targets for our move.

I know the main focus here is water, but all input welcome. We are both in our early 50’s, no children. I work in tech with remote capability and she is in boutique retail with potential transferability.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 5:54:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Water is a serious concern. They can recycle all they want, supply is the issue which has been a problem for a number of years and the demand on water is increasing which has the same effect as decreasing supply.

Lake Mead Water Level. WATER LEVEL. 1,051.94. Feet MSL. Thursday, May 18, 2023 7:00:00 PM Level is 177.06 feet below full pool of 1,229.00.

Water elevation of 950.0 feet, or 8% of live capacity, is the minimum level of water needed to generate power at Hoover Dam. Water elevations between 950.0 feet to 895.0 feet is considered “inactive pool” because water can be released from the dam downstream but does not generate hydropower.

The Secretary of the Interior makes a shortage declaration for the following year when the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation's model projects Lake Mead to be at or below 1,075 feet on January 1 of the following year. The model is run annually in August.

7 states are affected by the level of Lake Mead so NV is not immune.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top