Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2024 9:29:42 PM EDT
The rear cap flip when eyepiece is adjusted for my eyes, makes to where the cap flips down to the right. I'm worried about interfering with bolt but also the button is not where I want it.

I cannot for the life.of me get the cap loose. I know the inner ring and outer ring are independent so to speak but I cannot get the inner ring loose. Anyone had this issue before?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:21:42 AM EDT
[#1]
mark the position its at and then remove the cap.  reinstall about 30 degrees to either direction and keep doing it until its where you want it. it will take a few tries but you will get it timed eventually.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:59:44 AM EDT
[#2]
It won't come loose. I've even put pliers on the inner ring and held the outer ring and it come come loose. Obviously tried by hand first with no success.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:35:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I have 6 of those scopes and all of them came  new in the box with the caps just enclosed in the box for user to put on.  Did you get this scope new?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:39:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes from Leupold site direct. It was already installed upon received scope
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Put the scope in the freezer overnight..  Leupold scopes can handle cold weather.  They are designed to endure freezing weather hunting conditions.   The cap may then unscrew.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top