Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2023 11:11:55 AM EDT
Went to the 600 yard range yesterday to do some distance shooting with my B14R and a built up 10/22.  The wind was gusting from 0 to 12mph and I had a devil of a time at 400 so I was sticking to 200 and 300.

A few guys were shooting centerfires between 100 and 400 and ‘woohoo’ing whenever they connected—good for them because they were out shooting….but they missed as often as they hit.  

A couple of guys came over to see what I was doing and made some snarky comments about how .22s are worthless and not capable of anything beyond 50 yards…..

So I asked them to spot for me and shot a 10 round smiley face on a freshly painted 200 yard silhouette .  I wish I could have gotten a picture the look on their faces

Let’s hear some of your stories
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By FighterFixer1:
A couple of guys came over to see what I was doing and made some snarky comments about how .22s are worthless and not capable of anything beyond 50 yards…..

So I asked them to spot for me and shot a 10 round smiley face on a freshly painted 200 yard silhouette .  I wish I could have gotten a picture the look on their faces

Let’s hear some of your stories
View Quote

I hear that often.  I enjoy letting those guys shoot a mag when it’s set up to see the look on their faces.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Shot a 22LR benchrest match today. Low 40's with switchy winds and 10 MPH gusts. 1/5 scale NRA chickens at 200 plus yards were "interesting". Managed to finish second in the match.

Link Posted: 10/22/2023 9:50:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Shooting .22 on steel targets at distance is fun suppressed.

Pull the trigger: *psst, rack the bolt, TINK*

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/23/2023 1:39:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#4]
Some of my most fun shooting ever was rimfire shooting at steel silhouettes at 200 yards, off hand, using iron sights.

On the particular day I am thinking of, it wasn't particularly windy but hitting a chicken at 200 yards with iron sights is always a challenge.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#5]
'Signed up to shoot a precision match at my club... 100yrds max involving some props and different shooting positions.

'Sounded like fun
Brought my CZ MTR

'Had my ass handed to me by a 10 year old girl shooting a tricked out 10/22 her dad had customized for her.

I vowed to return next match to crush "Hailey".
I did return, but... Damn that kid can shoot
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 5:49:08 AM EDT
[#6]

That is the best story I’ve read in a long time 😂
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top