Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2022 7:05:37 PM EDT
My nephew bought some land out in southwest Texas.  It's got a nice set of hills dropping into a valley.  Shooting range is 300-400 yards for most plausible game distances.  

I have a few rifles more than capable at that distance and shooting pills more than adequate for the game present.  Problem is, I'm used to 100-150 yard shots on game animals.  I seem to wander my reticle a bit for small targets past that.  

Any good tips yall could share?  Are rear stock shooting bags helpful?  What's the maximum lbs you'd accept for a trigger at that distance? Etc.  Any tips would be appreciated.  - Bthorn
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:51:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Walk Closer
They put corn in feeders set out box blinds some elevated.
The rich hunt from helicopter.
The distance is not the problem build a solid shooting bench with a good rifle rest. Blue Jean pant legs filled with corn work well for sandbags. You can disguise your shooting bench as a blind. If you build it on a flat bed trailer you can pull it wherever you want it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top