Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Helldivers 2 is Sony's "screw you"
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Helldivers 2 CEO Takes The Blame in PSN Account Link Scandal
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:26:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Echd] [#3]
Not a fan of the constant buff/nerf cycle or the way AH does "balance". Too popular (because the similar archetypes are simply inferior)? Well, we'll nerf it and overbuff something conveniently behind a warbond, then repeat the cycle later. I haven't played in a couple weeks. I'm probably not particularly likely to return either way as the gameplay loop was pretty stale even by the mid 40 levels.

I'm not surprised the quasar got nerfed, but people liked quasar because

1) reactively calling in EATS is okay but nobody wants to haul one in place of their support weapon, so it isn't always ready
2) I can't shoot down dropships with the autocannon, and shooting down dropships is extremely fun
3) they're not interested in fixing the problems with items like the spear and Recoiless will continue to see less use because nobody wants to carry a worse EATS. Let others reload you from YOUR backpack and balance will be achieved.

It's a live service game so they don't actually want balance, and the game is easy enough you don't have to be on meta at all times, but I'm sorry, stuff like the slugger nerf still pisses me off and shows the bad faith they're operating in. They complain that the slugger was the best DMR in the game- and it was. So what do they do? Nerf the stagger, a completely unrelated thing and the best reason to take the slugger, especially when rockets from rocket devs were bugged and one shotting everyone. Oh, and buff the dominator to be better than slugger ever was with the only tradeoff being a bit worse handling.

They're not baffling design decisions, they're predictable and scummy. But it squanders any faith I have in the developer. I don't personally really care much about the PSN stuff but it's a seriously valid complaint. I have not bought an ubisoft game since far cry 3 because I found their launcher to be such a pain in the ass. I did not buy anything from EA that was origin only. I will not use third party launchers, sorry. I think I might have bent that rule for BG3 but theirs is or was extremely unobtrusive (And additionally Larian has consistently been one of the most honest devs around). And even if it isn't like that now with a third party launcher, it will eventually go to one. Or you'll be forced into cross play, and guess what- by turning off cross play your gaming experience will magically improve as third worlders with an open mic and small children will disappear from your games immediately.

The game has still had a great run but they- both Sony and arrowhead- need it to be broken off in their backside if they're going to try these stunts. PC gamers especially are extremely protective of their platform. Given how garbage console exclusives have been for years holding devs to task for their fuck ups and wokism and giving indies and eastern devs more credit really does help the gaming scene overall.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:49:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Love the game and still on the fence of linking my PS account (made it when I had a PSP, PS3 and Vita). I saw the pop up for linking when I first ran the game and thought, I'll do that later, I want to play! It just never came back up so forgot about it.

The no PSN for most of the world is what pisses me off. Ok you don't want to setup in other countries, I get that. But don't make it against the rules to fake your country and sell the game region free for 3+ months.

I have over 230hours into this game. Had to change my load out after every update. Figured it was the cost of having fun.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:48:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder Arrowhead told Sony they were turning off PSN? If you needed PSN then people would know they could not run the game if you didn’t have it and Sony thought, they were good because why region lock it when PSN would do it for them.

Just my opinion with new information of arrowhead turning off the PSN account.  

Devs own the source to make patches

The reason why it took this long for Sony to figure out is they were in a metrics meeting and the numbers of Steam/PC players and the numbers of PSN players did not mesh.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:05:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#6]
At least Sony is consistent. They've been doing this kind of shit since Everquest.  "Sony/Verant" still feels like a cuss word to me
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#7]
The game is absolutely bombing now on steam, now in the overwhelming negative category.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:11:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By runfrumu:

I havent read anything about it having to do with anything bring woke, just that Sony is a big greedy company and wanting to pad their PSN subscriber stats for stock holders.

I logged on a minute ago since ive not logged on in a couple of weeks and holy shit has the player base dropped.  Theres less fighting the entire map than there was at certain times on one planet before.

The constant nerfs got some like me, but the PSN thing is really taking a toll.
View Quote

Yeah, well, apparently the reason for doing it, is to make banning easier, which I'd wager is a Sony America move & not Sony Japan:

But I'm sure money is also part of it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
diversity hire not involved in the actual game
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
diversity hire not involved in the actual game

Keep huffing. They're the community manager, which means they A) are on the payroll and B) directly deal with people. And C) likely directly involved with making decisions for people's accounts.

It feels like as time goes on I'm more justified in my decision to not buy the game due to the nProtect bullshit they pulled. And surprise, it's mostly used by crap KMMOs and P2W F2P garbo.

Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
Yeah, well, apparently the reason for doing it, is to make banning easier, which I'd wager is a Sony America move & not Sony Japan:

Little late to the party there, chief.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:16:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aftac] [#10]
https://youtu.be/88uFLS5CEcs?si=sqj-iIVHQsWA9ZhH

[
Helldivers 2 CEO Speaks Out..
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:30:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Half the normal volume of players online today.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Hayashi_Killian:

Little late to the party there, chief.
View Quote

I sense a great disturbance in the force, as if a triggering has occurred.

Oh well.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:54:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
Half the normal volume of players online today.
View Quote

PC players  to Sony

Do not fuck with us Fight club 1999

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:57:52 PM EDT
[#14]
All ship upgrades unlocked.  All War bond items purchased   Maxed out samples and war bonds.  Over 1K Super credits.   I'm doing my part to to not play until the new war bond collection drops.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:01:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Major Order Completed.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:39:50 AM EDT
[#16]
They reversed the horrible planned change
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:44:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#17]
Originally Posted By Emegbers:
Major Order Completed.

View Quote

Major order complete: Cyber bully a multi national corporation

I just renamed my ship to "the founding father of family values".

I'm dying.

This is like Starship troopers meets call of duty.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:49:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

I'm dying.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Major Order Completed.

I'm dying.

Epic AF

Fuck sony and will be my last Sony game bought on PC
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:55:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#19]
Originally Posted By craig24680:

Epic AF

Fuck sony and will be my last Sony game bought on PC
View Quote

Just did my first complete mission..thank you flashy whoever you are.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:03:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Major Order Completed.

View Quote

Shall this be forever known as DiversGate?

Still don’t know how much I’ll play after the abysmal gameplay changes.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:27:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By gtfoxy:

View Quote

With the comments their devs make on social media and the changes they make to gameplay its apparent the devs dont like the players.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:16:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Stillnothere:
The game is absolutely bombing now on steam, now in the overwhelming negative category.
View Quote

I've been seriously thinking about buying it.     Was planning on doing it this weekend.  I don't see it happening if the playstation account requirement stays.   I use Steam so I can have one account as much as possible.  I don't do consoles.  I have zero use for a playstation account and don't trust Sony w/ their multiple hacks of the service.    Just another example of why to avoid Sony.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Let’s fuckin gooooooo! Get fucked, Sony.

Sony REMOVE Helldivers 2 PSN REQUIREMENT!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:55:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By jhereg:

I've been seriously thinking about buying it.     Was planning on doing it this weekend.  I don't see it happening if the playstation account requirement stays.   I use Steam so I can have one account as much as possible.  I don't do consoles.  I have zero use for a playstation account and don't trust Sony w/ their multiple hacks of the service.    Just another example of why to avoid Sony.
View Quote

It's gone.  I honestly can't believe they caved.  It's just the kind of stupid corpo decision companies like Sony get self damagingly obstinate about.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:11:49 AM EDT
[#25]

It's gone.  I honestly can't believe they caved.  It's just the kind of stupid corpo decision companies like Sony get self damagingly obstinate about.
View All Quotes

It's gone for now, but it's still Sony and I really don't trust those fuckers.  I especially don't trust them after this.  I think they're stupid/arrogant enough to try to slip it back in.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#26]
I think I was one of the first repetitive refund requesters on Steam that pissed them off.

I did my part.

Bad review that has now gone back to a good review with a little mention of 'fuck Sony'. Didn't play at all since the linking announcement and logged in to play right after the tweet where they said they were not going going to do it.

This has nothing to do with money, and everything with the shitty spot we find ourselves with developers/publishers and the state of video games.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#27]

With the comments their devs make on social media and the changes they make to gameplay its apparent the devs dont like the players.
View All Quotes

I don’t want things to be so easy in a game that you get bored by how easy it is.

At the same time don’t make it so ridiculously difficult that it no longer becomes something fun to do. I have work for that. Gaming is an escape for me to kick back & relax, not get irritated by overly difficult circumstances created by asshat programmers.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#28]

I don’t want things to be so easy in a game that you get bored by how easy it is.

At the same time don’t make it so ridiculously difficult that it no longer becomes something fun to do. I have work for that. Gaming is an escape for me to kick back & relax, not get irritated by overly difficult circumstances created by asshat programmers.
View All Quotes

So drop the difficulty?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:15:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#29]
Fire weapons (and gas stratagem) are back on the menu boys! Patch this morning fixed the low fire and gas damage issues for people who weren't hosts.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/553850/view/4196868529822134078?l=english

They buffed the Shrieker and Gunship sight/hearing abilities though
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:25:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Fire weapons (and gas stratagem) are back on the menu boys! Patch this morning fixed the low fire and gas damage issues for people who weren't hosts.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/553850/view/4196868529822134078?l=english

They buffed the Shrieker and Gunship sight/hearing abilities though
View Quote

People be big mad about R36 nerf
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#31]

• We have fixed issues with the way Damage-over-time effects were being applied. This should fix issues where only the network session owner could apply them, and other cases where they would be applied inconsistently.

• Firing the Punisher Plasma while wearing a shield backpack no longer damages the Helldiver

• Fixed issues with some weapon scopes not being aligned in First-Person-View.

• The sound when stimming no longer plays while being interrupted

Those are great fixes. The scopes shouldn't have went that long not being fixed... embarrassing.  I'll have to remember to not use the hold points I learned.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#32]

It's gone for now, but it's still Sony and I really don't trust those fuckers.  I especially don't trust them after this.  I think they're stupid/arrogant enough to try to slip it back in.
View Quote

There will be no slipping it in. This was them trying to slip it in.

Buy the game and have fun.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By SturmgeschutzIII:

View All Quotes

If they were smart they would have offered some in game item people wanted as a reward instead of forcing it.    That might be their next attempt.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#34]

If they were smart they would have offered some in game item people wanted as a reward instead of forcing it.    That might be their next attempt.
View Quote

For sure. And they could force US players to do it. But forcing players who literally can't was wild.

I don't think it's that big a deal. Yeah all the launchers are dumb, but I have the blizzard one and I used to have the EA and Ubisoft so what's one more. And to think everyone doesn't already have our data is foolish. Military personnel records were hacked. My shit is gone lol
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:25:38 PM EDT
[#35]

For sure. And they could force US players to do it. But forcing players who literally can't was wild.

I don't think it's that big a deal. Yeah all the launchers are dumb, but I have the blizzard one and I used to have the EA and Ubisoft so what's one more. And to think everyone doesn't already have our data is foolish. Military personnel records were hacked. My shit is gone lol
View All Quotes

For me I'm tired of extra launchers and logins.   I buy stuff on Steam partially to simplify it.    I don't want or need a Playstation login.    I don't do console stuff.   Put it on Steam and I'll consider buying it.   Add another launcher/account/password to deal with and I probably won't.   Make it Sony and oh hell no.  I don't trust them w/ my data either what they'll do with it or the integrity after their multiple hacks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#36]
In an exciting turn of events, kuraki now shows up as both a friend, and a requested friend. Stay tuned for next week's excitement.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:00:51 PM EDT
[#37]

I've got another friend (I know it's hard to believe more than 1 ) and we will randomly disappear from each others friends list.  Could be for 1 game, could be for 3 days.  We always disappear and reappear on each others respective list at the same time (never he can see me but I can't see him).

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:22:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Casper Van Dien rates Helldivers:

Real Starship Trooper Casper Van Dien Reacts to Helldivers 2
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:35:47 AM EDT
[#39]
New Warbond is out. First impressions are that it's pretty lame minus the new grenade.

There's also new sets of armor in the super store.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:55:54 PM EDT
[#40]
While testing the new Tenderizer bullpup rifle today, had an ah-ha moment for the supposed Arrowhead, "we've all got military firearm training so we're experts."   Running a magazine empty, and inserting a fresh magazine requires a complete manual cycle of the charging handle in the game.  Why isn't the bolt locking back on an empty magazine for any of the firearms in the game?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:00:27 PM EDT
[#41]
New Warbond is out. First impressions are that it's pretty lame minus the new grenade.

There's also new sets of armor in the super store.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394169/IMG_4133_jpeg-3209405.JPG
View Quote

The grenade alone is worth the warbond if it works like the other impact grenade
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By craig24680:

The grenade alone is worth the warbond if it works like the other impact grenade
View Quote

And it has. DOT from fire
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:13:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Less damage.  Cannot one shot spewers with flame impact, and dot is not enough to finish them.

Otherwise good nade.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:20:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#44]
Originally Posted By Freiheit338:
While testing the new Tenderizer bullpup rifle today, had an ah-ha moment for the supposed Arrowhead, "we've all got military firearm training so we're experts."   Running a magazine empty, and inserting a fresh magazine requires a complete manual cycle of the charging handle in the game.  Why isn't the bolt locking back on an empty magazine for any of the firearms in the game?
View Quote

Why does the Eruptor, a bolt action weapon, require the cycling of the bolt after the last round is spent?
Why does the Defender have more DMG per loadout (round dmg x mag cap x mag quantity) than all of the ARs? (must be 10mm)
Why was a KSG with slugs the best DMR in game?
Why do the Liberator variants have different magazine capacities?
Why is the grenade launcher belt fed instead of rotary drum?
How is the Senator able to eject the single spent casing from a cylinder without ejecting unspent rounds?
Why is the Punisher, Breaker, Breaker Spray and Pray; ostensibly the same gauge weapons have such wildly varying DMG ratings?  (And what role does the S&P even play given the Incendiary is only 1 less capacity, 30 rpm less fire rate, but with less recoil and higher damage per round?)
Why is any lower DMG gun have higher recoil than the same form factor higher DMG gun?
Why is the Senator higher DMG per round than any AR or DMR?

They're no experts.  They're certainly familiar enough with weapons to understand there's more to weapon performance than DMG/RPM/Mag cap but there's so much going on that's just completely absurd that I have to switch off the part of me that gets annoyed by Glock-hammer-cocking noises in movies and just play.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:22:32 PM EDT
[#45]
I like the new assault rifle, and the booster is preventing stun lock from hunters most of the time.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:24:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:
I like the new assault rifle, and the booster is preventing stun lock from hunters most of the time.
View Quote

If that's the case I've found my new must-have booster for bug missions.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:15:55 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

They DID slip it in. The only thing we've received is a tweet apology. The game is still locked out of many countries and Steam still lists PSN as a requirement.

I saw this comment and think it encapsulates the issue perfectly:

Some people are saying you should change your review. I don't think you should because even though Sony has backtracked as of recently they still did it in the first place. Apologizing for urinating in someone's coffee and getting them a new cup because they got caught doing it doesn't change the fact that the first one was still urinated in willingly (and if they hadn't gotten caught they wouldn't have said a word).
What they did was effectively a scam to those living in the non-psn countries, and Sony KNEW it, and they did it anyway and didn't want to give refunds or even a percentage of one for it.

The way I see it, either Arrowhead accepted the contract with Sony with the clause that the PSN requirement may be executed, or Sony is strong-arming them and Arrowhead isn't showing integrity for breaking the contract and walking away due to this. The former makes Arrowhead culpable. Maybe idiotic for trusting Sony's pinky-promise (and remember, publishers lie -- remember Ubisoft's famous "get comfortable not owning games" line, plus the killing off of The Crew and others?), but still they share the blame for going forward with it.

It just seems like with the big focus on PVE, overly aggressive anti-cheat, and the cash shop plus the constant additions of content and rebalancing that we're going for what a lot of bad PVE games do -- whaling. Looking for that big sucker to spend money in the cash shop or on other things. Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic here but I've seen this behavior before.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Constantly tweaking item effectiveness is a poor way of getting me to spend real money on one.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#49]
The amount of retards playing the harder difficulties is mind boggling. Lost 15 reinforcements on a light bug hole.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:46:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gtfoxy] [#50]

Why does the Eruptor, a bolt action weapon, require the cycling of the bolt after the last round is spent?
Why does the Defender have more DMG per loadout (round dmg x mag cap x mag quantity) than all of the ARs? (must be 10mm)
Why was a KSG with slugs the best DMR in game?
Why do the Liberator variants have different magazine capacities?
Why is the grenade launcher belt fed instead of rotary drum?
How is the Senator able to eject the single spent casing from a cylinder without ejecting unspent rounds?
Why is the Punisher, Breaker, Breaker Spray and Pray; ostensibly the same gauge weapons have such wildly varying DMG ratings?  (And what role does the S&P even play given the Incendiary is only 1 less capacity, 30 rpm less fire rate, but with less recoil and higher damage per round?)
Why is any lower DMG gun have higher recoil than the same form factor higher DMG gun?
Why is the Senator higher DMG per round than any AR or DMR?

They're no experts.  They're certainly familiar enough with weapons to understand there's more to weapon performance than DMG/RPM/Mag cap but there's so much going on that's just completely absurd that I have to switch off the part of me that gets annoyed by Glock-hammer-cocking noises in movies and just play.
View Quote

Speaking of the grenade launcher, why does the armor that has the grenade launcher ammo all over your chest only give you two additional hand grenades, but no actual grenade launcher ammo?

It’s like right fricken there man!
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top