Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Daily Prayer and Meditation (Page 11 of 11)
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:29:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#1]
And pray without ceasing on behalf of other men. For there is in them hope of repentance that they may attain to God. See, then, that they be instructed by your works, if in no other way. Be meek in response to their wrath, humble in opposition to their boasting: to their blasphemies return your prayers; in contrast to their error, be stedfast (Colossians 1:23) in the faith; and for their cruelty, manifest your gentleness. While we take care not to imitate their conduct, let us be found their brethren in all true kindness; and let us seek to be followers of the Lord (who ever more unjustly treated, more destitute, more condemned?), that so no plant of the devil may be found in you, but you may remain in all holiness and sobriety in Jesus Christ, both with respect to the flesh and spirit. - Saint Ignatius of Antioch, Epistle to the Ephesians, 1st century
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:41:48 AM EDT
[#2]
When once men recognize, both in private and in public life, that Christ is King, society will at last receive the great blessings of real liberty.  - Excerpt from 'Quas Primas' (Introducing the feast of Christ the King), Pope Pius XI, 1925
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gullskjegg:
When once men recognize, both in private and in public life, that Christ is King, society will at last receive the great blessings of real liberty.  - Excerpt from 'Quas Primas' (Introducing the feast of Christ the King), Pope Pius XI, 1925
View Quote

That is absolutely excellent
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:05:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Agreed, based.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:14:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Roman Rite Collect for today, Ascension Thursday:

Grant, we beseech Thee, almighty
God: that we, who believe Thine only-
begotten Son, our Redeemer, to have
ascended on this day into heaven,
may also ourselves dwell in mind amid
heavenly things. Through the same
Jesus Christ, Thy Son, our Lord, Who
lives and reigns with Thee in the unity
of the Holy Spirit, God, forever and
ever.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#6]
O God Almighty, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Thine only begotten Son, give me a body unstained, a pure heart, a watchful mind, and an upright understanding, and the presence of Thy Holy Spirit, that I may obtain and ever hold fast to an unshaken faith in Thy Truth, through Jesus Christ, Thy Son, our Lord; through whom be glory to Thee in the Holy Ghost, forever and ever. Amen. - Clementine Liturgy, 1st century
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Epistle for Sunday after the Ascension:

1 Peter 4:7-11
”But the end of all is at hand. Be prudent therefore, and watch in prayers. But before all things have a constant mutual charity among yourselves: for charity covereth a multitude of sins. Using hospitality one towards another, without murmuring, As every man hath received grace, ministering the same one to another: as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. If any man speak, let him speak, as the words of God. If any man minister, let him do it, as of the power, which God administereth: that in all things God may be honoured through Jesus Christ: to whom is glory and empire for ever and ever. Amen.“
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:00:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Gospel reading for today, Sunday after the Ascension:

John 15:26,27; 16:1-4
”But when the Paraclete cometh, whom I will send you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceedeth from the Father, he shall give testimony of me. And you shall give testimony, because you are with me from the beginning. THESE things have I spoken to you, that you may not be scandalized. They will put you out of the synagogues: yea, the hour cometh, that whosoever killeth you, will think that he doth a service to God. And these things will they do to you; because they have not known the Father, nor me. But these things I have told you, that when the hour shall come, you may remember that I told you of them.“
‭‬
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:47:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#9]
Almighty and eternal God, I approach the sacrament of Your Only-begotten Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. As a sick man I approach the physician of life; as a man unclean, I come to the fountain of mercy; blind, to the light of eternal brightness; poor and needy, to the Lord of heaven and earth. I beseech You, therefore, in Your boundless mercy, to heal my sickness, to wash away my defilements, to enlighten my blindness, to enrich my poverty, and to clothe my nakedness; that I may receive the Bread of angels, the King of kings, the Lord of lords, with such reverence and humility, such contrition and faith, such purpose and intention, as may help the salvation of my soul. Grant, I beseech You, that I may receive not only the Sacrament of the Body and Blood of our Lord, but also the whole grace and virtue of the Sacrament. O most indulgent God, grant me so to receive the Body of Your Only-begotten Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, which He took of the Virgin Mary, that I may be found worthy to be incorporated with His Mystical Body and numbered among His members. O most loving Father, grant that I may one day forever contemplate Him unveiled and face to face, Whom, on my pilgrimage, I receive under a veil, Your beloved Son, Who with You lives and reigns in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God, world without end. Amen. - Saint Thomas Aquinas, 13th century

Saint John Fisher, pray for us
Saint Nikolaus, pray for us
Saint Pius X, pray for us
Saint Thomas Aquinas, pray for us
Saint Robert Bellarmine (feast day today), pray for us
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Praise God, Praise Jesus!
He is with us, always & everywhere.

Stop and look, squint your eyes, and see....

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:16:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MR_JOSHUA:

https://i.imgur.com/UD7S0by.jpg

View Quote

Interesting, I have not seen that before
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:10:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MR_JOSHUA:

https://i.imgur.com/UD7S0by.jpg

View Quote

Took me a minute, I was distracted by the weird car in the background.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:49:09 AM EDT
[#13]
God is Heaven. Jesus Christ is God. So when we receive God in our hearts, we can say in all truth: "I have Heaven in my soul. I have Paradise in my soul." We should be united to that Paradise in such a way that we prepare the Paradise of forever, which will consist in being in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ for eternity. Only the true religion could possess that kind of treasure. Only God could have invented such beautiful things, such great things, things so expressive of His love and of His charity for us. - Archbishop Lefebvre
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:15:40 AM EDT
[#14]
'For even as a man going into a far country, called his servants, and delivered to them his goods; And to one he gave five talents, and to another two, and to another one, to every one according to his proper ability: and immediately he took his journey. And he that had received the five talents, went his way, and traded with the same, and gained other five. And in like manner he that had received the two, gained other two. But he that had received the one, going his way digged into the earth, and hid his lord's money. ' - St Matthew 25:14-18
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 6:40:22 AM EDT
[#15]
'But after a long time the lord of those servants came, and reckoned with them. And he that had received the five talents coming, brought other five talents, saying: Lord, thou didst deliver to me five talents, behold I have gained other five over and above. His lord said to him: Well done, good and faithful servant, because thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will place thee over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. And he also that had received the two talents came and said: Lord, thou deliveredst two talents to me: behold I have gained other two. His lord said to him: Well done, good and faithful servant: because thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will place thee over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. ' - St Matthew 25:19-23
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 7:46:22 AM EDT
[#16]
'But he that had received the one talent, came and said: Lord, I know that thou art a hard man; thou reapest where thou hast not sown, and gatherest where thou hast not strewed. And being afraid I went and hid thy talent in the earth: behold here thou hast that which is thine. And his lord answering, said to him: Wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sow not, and gather where I have not strewed: Thou oughtest therefore to have committed my money to the bankers, and at my coming I should have received my own with usury. Take ye away therefore the talent from him, and give it to him that hath ten talents. For to every one that hath shall be given, and he shall abound: but from him that hath not, that also which he seemeth to have shall be taken away. And the unprofitable servant cast ye out into the exterior darkness. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. ' - St Matthew 25:24-30
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:57:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Lesson for the Vigil of Pentecost (Whitsun Eve):

Acts 19: 1-8
In those days: It came to pass, while
Apollo was at Corinth, that Paul
having passed through the upper
coasts, came to Ephesus, and found
certain disciples. And he said to them:
Have you received the Holy Ghost
since ye believed? But they said to
him: We have not so much as heard
whether there be a Holy Ghost. And
he said: In what then were you
baptized? Who said: In John's baptism. Then Paul said: John
baptized the people with the baptism
of penance, saying: That they should
believe in him who was to come after
him, that is to say, in Jesus. Having
heard these things, they were
baptized in the name of the Lord
Jesus. And when Paul had imposed
his hands on them, the Holy Ghost
came upon them, and they spoke with
tongues and prophesied. And all the
men were about twelve. And entering
into the synagogue, he spoke boldly
for the space of three months,
disputing and exhorting concerning
the kingdom of God.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#18]
A prayer to the Holy Spirit from the Byzantine Catholic tradition:

O Heavenly King,
The Comforter, the Spirit of Truth
Who art everywhere present and Who fills all things.
Come and abide in us
And cleanse us from every impurity,
And save our souls O Good One.

Amen.

Link Posted: Yesterday 6:11:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By EastWest:

O Heavenly King,
Come and abide in us

Amen.

View Quote

Amen! Thank you, brother.
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:16:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Gospel reading for Pentecost (Whitsun):

John 14: 23-31
At that time Jesus said to His
disciples, If any one love Me, he will
keep My word, and My Father will love
him, and We will come to him and will
make Our abode in him: he that loveth
Me not, keepeth not My words. And
the word which you have heard is not
Mine: but the Father's Who sent Me.
These things have I spoken to you,
abiding with you. But the Paraclete,
the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will
send in My Name, He will teach you
all things, and bring all things to your
mind, whatsoever I shall have said to
you. Peace I leave with you, My peace
I give unto you: not as the world
giveth, do I give unto you. Let not your
heart be troubled, nor let it be afraid.
You have heard that I said to you: I go
away, and I come unto you. If you
loved Me, you would indeed be glad,
because I go to the Father: for the
Father is greater than I. And now I
have told you before it come to pass:
that when it shall come to pass you
may believe. I will not now speak
many things with you. For the prince
of this world cometh, and in Me he
hath not any thing. But that the world
may know that I love the Father, and
as the Father hath given Me commandment, so do I.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:24:41 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EastWest:

O Heavenly King,
Come and abide in us

Amen.

You're most welcome, brother!

And as per the British tradition, Happy Whitsunday!
(Pentecost)
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Sequence from the Pentecost Mass:

Come, O Holy Spirit, come!
From Your bright and blissful Home
Rays of healing light impart.

Come, Father of the poor,
Source of gifts that will endure
Light of ev’ry human heart.

You of all consolers best,
Of the soul most kindly Guest,
Quick’ning courage do bestow.

In hard labor You are rest,
In the heat You refresh best,
And solace give in our woe.

O most blessed Light divine,
Let Your radiance in us shine,
And our inmost being fill.

Nothing good by man is thought,
Nothing right by him is wrought,
When he spurns Your gracious Will.

Cleanse our souls from sinful stain,
Lave our dryness with Your rain,
Heal our wounds and mend our way.

Bend the stubborn heart and will,
Melt the frozen, warm the chill,
Guide the steps that go astray.

On the faithful who in You,
Trust with childlike piety,
Deign Your sevenfold gift to send.

Give them virtue's rich increase,
Saving grace to die in peace,
Give them joys that never end. Amen. Alleluia.
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Happy Feast of the Pentecost!
Link Posted: Today 8:20:40 AM EDT
[#24]
For whenever the soul is distracted concerning some bodily want, it does not properly approach the instructions that are presented to it. On this account I am not willing to converse, either with those who are greatly grieving through some calamity, or are immoderately angry, or are turned to the frenzy of love, or are suffering under bodily exhaustion, or are distressed with the cares of life, or are harassed with any other sufferings, whose soul, as I said, being downcast, and sympathizing with the suffering body, occupies also its own intelligence therewith.  - Saint Peter
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Daily Prayer and Meditation (Page 11 of 11)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top