Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Awhile back the Guitologist did some videos at Steve Wilson's studio in Louisville.  Wilson was the amp tech for Stevie Ray Vaughn during the last few years of his life.  Wilson's studio was packed with various flavors of amps and speaker cabinets.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Seen this on facebook just now and thought I’d share

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DM1975:
Seen this on facebook just now and thought I’d share

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/53155/IMG_5546_jpeg-3204116.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/31/2024 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Just ordered a used Carvin 412 for stupid cheap.
Should be here late next week!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By thejokker:

Uhh...  Maybe not...

A lot of the biggest Guitar "legends" use Fractal Audio modelers both for live gigs and recording.  Steve Vai, John Mayer, Metallica, Neal Schon, Steve Stevens, Joe Satriani, etc, all use Fractal Audio both for touring and recording.
View Quote

Just saw satriani and Vai together. They’ve used modelers before but Joe used his jvm with miked 4x12 and pedalboard. Vai used synergy rack modules into axefx for effects then to front of house.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 7:23:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By cytotox:

Just saw satriani and Vai together. They’ve used modelers before but Joe used his jvm with miked 4x12 and pedalboard. Vai used synergy rack modules into axefx for effects then to front of house.
View Quote

Yeah I didn’t think Satriani would give up his JVM’s. I kmow I wont give mine up. Tone is pretty subjective. I think many of the people that have went to emulators have done so more out of convenience than anything.

Does it matter much? That I don’t know. Only thing I use like that is the Mustang Micro I just got and that thing sounds great! But that’s through headphones. I would venture to say that the argument about pushing air is not as big a deal because the sound of an emulator is still going through speakers but I wouldn’t know for sure.

I almost bought a Boss GX-100 and a Headrush speaker to try out and I might still do it. Reviews on YouTube are pretty positive and they sound pretty good at least over the videos.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 11:08:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By high_order1:
Film cameras are dead.
View Quote
Try again.
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:56:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I was weak and just snagged a new 1960A.

I just barely missed the boat on QSC's K12.2 powered cab sale ($100 off each) so I decided to grab one of these instead. It'll be a nice upgrade from the shitty Line6 Spider 4x12 I'm currently using. I'll probably ebay the seventy 80s in it and sledgehammer the cab. I doubt anyone is going to want to buy it.

Wonder how long Marshall is going to continue the discounts?
Link Posted: Today 12:02:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By cgrant26:
I was weak and just snagged a new 1960A.

I just barely missed the boat on QSC's K12.2 powered cab sale ($100 off each) so I decided to grab one of these instead. It'll be a nice upgrade from the shitty Line6 Spider 4x12 I'm currently using. I'll probably ebay the seventy 80s in it and sledgehammer the cab. I doubt anyone is going to want to buy it.

Wonder how long Marshall is going to continue the discounts?
View Quote

$100 off on QSC isnt really much of a sale for what that shit costs, but I will say they are worth every penny they charge. My son-in-law  runs 4 K12's, 2 K10's, and 4 KS118 subs for the band. Thats shit makes quick work of outdor gigs. Its a very versatile system. He can do solos in the corner of a resteraunt with a single K10, or just DJ with a couple K12 sitting on a couple KS118's
Link Posted: Today 12:55:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Op,
Really depends on the venue.  I currently use one of these setups for live gigs:
-20watt combo Marshall JCM 800
-100watt Orange Rockerverb with a 4x12 (or a 2x12)
- 50 watt JCM 800 with a 4x12 (or a 2x12)

If it’s a bigger venue I really like the 4x12.  Really like having control over stage volume and the tone I get.  

If it’s a smaller bar, will use the combo. However, I’ve been disappointed at stage volume a number of times so have been leaning to the 2x12 with the Marshall or Orange.

I’d be willing to try using modeling alone, but would need to be in a venue with a good PA and stage monitors.  

4x12 is a bitch to move so 2x12 has strength there and it’s pretty light and mine has wheels.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top