BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:33:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TGE:

Lol yeah it's a weird flex. I had to provide references a couple pages back to prove I was farm stronk enough to even weigh in.

And all this is as if she's some subsistence farmer scratching in the dirt every morning before the sun comes up "If muh dog don't earn his meals, I take him to the gravel pit! Everyone earns their keep on the farm, or they don't eat!"

Lol she's a rich politician, not a dirt farmer
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Josh:
Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:
Originally Posted By deanwormer:
Gosh this whole "i'm a tough guy farmer thats how we do things, you city slickers just dont get it" cosplay is the most hilarious fake ass flex of them all on arfcom... need to add that to the "i'm all these cool things" copypasta

Like you aren't nearly all sitting in a suburban tract home just like the rest of us.  your fancy lawnmower and half a dozen potted plants doesn't make you a Subsistence farmer.

and if you work on/for/own a farm, congratulations... you bring a product to market in a capitalist* supply/demand system with unique challenges, just like the rest of us (be it with our hands, mind, product produced/grown whatever).... doesn't make you special.  Perhaps you can educate this white-collar no-nothing girly-handed city-slicker on how blasting your failed hunting dog is part of the unique challenge of agribusiness.

*curios how so many "rural conservative pro capitalist real-America(tm) red states" sure LOVE them some farm subsidies...

Yeah it's definitely a weird flex.

I've probably killed more animals than half the people this thread. That said I have a deep respect for the animals that I hunt and feed my family with. Sometimes that includes the unfortunate unpleasantries of putting down a mortally wounded deer as it stares me in the eye, knowing it's fate.

Doing that isn't fun, and it's not something I openly discuss in mixed company. I certainly don't brag about in public articles to tout my toughness, especially if I was running for office.

Nobody is "flexing" anything.

It's just facts.

It's a total flex and prideful ignorance.

Killing livestock and even dogs may indeed be an unpleasant part of farm life and selective breeding, but whether you like it or not to 85% of the country dogs are considered a beloved part of the family, not something to be discarded when they become inconvenient due to their owners incompetence.

This is the redneck equivalent of a black politician admitting they shot up the house of someone that disrespected them, then when invariably 85% of people think he's a psychopath, claiming that the people flipping out about it just don't understand hood life.

ETA it's not the "facts" that are wrong, it's the head in the sand egocentrism and ignorance of how the rest of the world will view it.

No, it isn't.

You're making up some fantasy of a world to argue about.  

In fact your whole post is a bunch of pulled out of your ass numbers and made up straw men to argue with.

Lol yeah it's a weird flex. I had to provide references a couple pages back to prove I was farm stronk enough to even weigh in.

And all this is as if she's some subsistence farmer scratching in the dirt every morning before the sun comes up "If muh dog don't earn his meals, I take him to the gravel pit! Everyone earns their keep on the farm, or they don't eat!"

We had a few turkeys that used to just wander around the farm. One was fucking huge.

One day it got too close to one of the coon dogs while it was eating and he bit him and killed him instantly.

Dad shrugged, cleaned the bird, and we had it for supper the next day. He wasn't about to shoot a really good dog for doing hunting dog stuff.

His name was Ed-Bird, kind of a cool turkey.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:36:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: beardog30] [#2]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

Okay. How about this then.

What was gained for that line by her killing that dog? Were there other pups in that litter with the same issues? Were they also culled?

We don't even know what kind of training the dog had before that, could have been a dynamo of a dog but the handler was a moron.
View Quote

An undesirable dog was removed from the gene pool.  Very possible there were other dogs just like this one.  They were most likely not culled.  Again, what’s desirable and not desirable is often subjective.

We don’t know.  You and I can speculate all we want about an almost infinite gamut of possibilities.  Fact remains…undesirable traits were present and the dog was culled.  We can Monday morning quarterback her all day on how we would have handled the situation and how it would have been drastically different…doesn’t change the fact what she did is inline with standard animal husbandry practices.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By beardog30:

An undesirable dog was removed from the gene pool.  Very possible there were other dogs just like this one.  Most likely not.  Again, what’s desirable and not desirable is often subjective.

We don’t know.  You and I can speculate all we want about an almost infinite gamut of possibilities.  Fact remains…undesirable traits were present and the dog was culled.  We can Monday morning quarterback her all day on how we would have handled the situation and how it would have been drastically different…doesn’t change the fact what she did is inline with standard animal husbandry practices.
View All Quotes

Okay. How about this then.

What was gained for that line by her killing that dog? Were there other pups in that litter with the same issues? Were they also culled?

We don't even know what kind of training the dog had before that, could have been a dynamo of a dog but the handler was a moron.

An undesirable dog was removed from the gene pool.  Very possible there were other dogs just like this one.  Most likely not.  Again, what’s desirable and not desirable is often subjective.

And none of that changes the fact that people don't want to know how the sausage is made, and telling everyone about it makes them not want to vote for you.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By J-Dam:

These are the same people ok with killing babies in order to win elections. Babies ok....dogs no.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By J-Dam:
Originally Posted By MikeMilligan:
Originally Posted By JKH62:
You can tell the people that spent zero time on a farm.

A bird dog is part of a hobby though. Its death isn't a planned part of the businesses operation.

A decent person would take a dog that doesn't hunt to a shelter and let the shelter people know it's a pet-only situation.

This wasn't a "had to do it" thing, it was "don't want to deal with this anymore".

Some of you all have no fucking clue what world farmers live in.

Dog bites human, dog dies. That's it.  Done. There is no "shelter".

These are the same people ok with killing babies in order to win elections. Babies ok....dogs no.
It's important to recognize that's there's a difference between being upset about the dog, and being upset that a leading repub pol is so fucking dumb she thinks sharing this story will boost her somehow.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:45:39 AM EDT
[#5]

We had a few turkeys that used to just wander around the farm. One was fucking huge.

One day it got too close to one of the coon dogs while it was eating and he bit him and killed him instantly.

Dad shrugged, cleaned the bird, and we had it for supper the next day. He wasn't about to shoot a really good dog for doing hunting dog stuff.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/294791/21_jpg-3200185.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/294791/3_jpg-3200186.JPG
View All Quotes
Gosh this whole "i'm a tough guy farmer thats how we do things, you city slickers just dont get it" cosplay is the most hilarious fake ass flex of them all on arfcom... need to add that to the "i'm all these cool things" copypasta

Like you aren't nearly all sitting in a suburban tract home just like the rest of us.  your fancy lawnmower and half a dozen potted plants doesn't make you a Subsistence farmer.

and if you work on/for/own a farm, congratulations... you bring a product to market in a capitalist* supply/demand system with unique challenges, just like the rest of us (be it with our hands, mind, product produced/grown whatever).... doesn't make you special.  Perhaps you can educate this white-collar no-nothing girly-handed city-slicker on how blasting your failed hunting dog is part of the unique challenge of agribusiness.

*curios how so many "rural conservative pro capitalist real-America(tm) red states" sure LOVE them some farm subsidies...

I've probably killed more animals than half the people this thread. That said I have a deep respect for the animals that I hunt and feed my family with. Sometimes that includes the unfortunate unpleasantries of putting down a mortally wounded deer as it stares me in the eye, knowing it's fate.

Doing that isn't fun, and it's not something I openly discuss in mixed company. I certainly don't brag about in public articles to tout my toughness, especially if I was running for office.

It's just facts.

Killing livestock and even dogs may indeed be an unpleasant part of farm life and selective breeding, but whether you like it or not to 85% of the country dogs are considered a beloved part of the family, not something to be discarded when they become inconvenient due to their owners incompetence.

This is the redneck equivalent of a black politician admitting they shot up the house of someone that disrespected them, then when invariably 85% of people think he's a psychopath, claiming that the people flipping out about it just don't understand hood life.

ETA it's not the "facts" that are wrong, it's the head in the sand egocentrism and ignorance of how the rest of the world will view it.

No, it isn't.

In fact your whole post is a bunch of pulled out of your ass numbers and made up straw men to argue with.

I'm sorry that your family doesn't pass the farm stronk purity test
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:48:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By scotchymcdrinkerbean:

And none of that changes the fact that people don't want to know how the sausage is made, and telling everyone about it makes them not want to vote for you.
View Quote

Absolutely.  Most people would be horrified of stockyard conditions and commercial poultry farms.  Yet, not horrified enough to vote with their dollars and buy more humanely kept animals.  
Clutching your pearls and being outraged means nothing when you reach for a drumstick that’s a product of the same conditions you were flabbergasted about.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:48:29 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

That’s really the crux of the issue.

If the dog really was a complete psycho, aggressive, biting kids and people then good shoot. That said, I’ve met a lot of bird dogs and I’ve never met an aggressive one. We’re talking GSP’s not mals and pit bulls…

Writing about it as a politician is weapons grade stupid.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#8]

If the dog really was a complete psycho, aggressive, biting kids and people then good shoot. That said, I’ve met a lot of bird dogs and I’ve never met an aggressive one. We’re talking GSP’s not mals and pit bulls…

View All Quotes

Can't be stated enough. She's a politician on the national stage. She should've known the optics of something like this. Or at least someone in her inner circle should have spoken up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:53:24 AM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

It's just facts.

No, it isn't.

Guess we should have shot more dogs.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:55:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sitdwnandhngon] [#10]

View All Quotes

It was a GWP, so it could have been a bit nippy to strangers. Being aloof is a breed trait though, it's not like it's an unknown. They are a bit more skittish and than most of the GSPs I've met.

I've met super chill ones, and some are just kind of dicks. Mine can be a dick to people if it's just my wife home, if I'm here he's cool.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:59:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: foggy] [#11]

Haha picture of “tree hugging hippy” who lives in fantasy land. Sure buddy, just keep telling yourself that.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68059/38079392-C2FE-4E23-9645-4BFD0A84C027_jpe-3200182.JPG

Maybe just not a complete psychopath who is a realist with regards to the American electorate.

View Quote

Nice buck, those brow tines are amazing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:00:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MedmanKS:

You’re assuming a lot.
Would it be a good family pet?
What’s the market for that where she is?
Are people who don’t buy ‘hunting dogs’ for hunting buying them for pets?

We don’t know.
I love dogs as much as anyone. Period.
But I understand utility. And necessity.

I’m not driving from the back seat.
View Quote

She didn’t even try to rehome the dog though.  She acted out of anger and dislike for the dog.  When you buy a dog, you assume responsibilities, even if things go poorly.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:09:17 AM EDT
[#13]

It's pretty obvious Tulsi is a totally different person since she got shitcanned by the democrats.
View Quote

Simp harder.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Advocate?  What’s that have to do with facts.  These clubs probably don’t advocate this practice as it be a PR nightmare.
They might even kick members out as you suggested.  

It doesn’t change the fact that none of those breeds would exist without extensive culling for behavioral attributes.  They can stand on a fictitious moral high ground all they want…they wouldn’t have a club without line breeding.

I don’t think you and most people understand what it takes to breed specific traits and behaviors when you don’t have 100000 years of evolution to cherry pick dogs.  In order to get the breeds we have today, thousands if not millions of dogs were culled to produce desirable traits.

The internet and artificial insemination/accessible sperm banks has made line breeding much more tame.  The fact remains, none of these dogs exist without culling of less than desirable traits, including behavioral traits.  It’s hypocritical to own and use these purpose bred dogs without acknowledging how these dogs came into fruition.  

We can Monday morning quarterback her behavior all day long…rationalize how she could have done things differently due to her socioeconomic status…fact still remains what she did is inline with established breeding practices that brought us these dogs.
View Quote

But she isn’t a breeder, so this argument is irrelevant to her behavior.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:12:10 AM EDT
[#15]
She ignored the last S in SSS.

Never ignore the last S.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:15:45 AM EDT
[#16]
This really is exhibit Y of why Women don’t belong in high level executive politics.

I’m trying to think of one female politician who was considered a “rising star” who turned out to be competent, well adjusted, and had good judgement.

Palin
Boebert
MTG
Etc

I can’t really think of any. They all turned out to be complete train wrecks. Looks like Noem isn’t any different.

Turns out semi attractive conservative women with a girl boss complex are nuts. (Shocker)

There is also probably a “hot crazy matrix” thing going on too, if we’re completely honest.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:24:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By hoss622:

View Quote

Why doesn’t she get to make that decision because she’s not a breeder?  

How do you know she didn’t plan on studding the dog?

Even if she didn’t…she recognized an undesirable behavior and culled the animal.  Breeder or not…still objectively a normal animal husbandry practice.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:27:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By car15man:
A wire hair pointer was too dangerous?
A pointer?
View Quote

lol right.  My thoughts as well.  The only thing dangerous about a pointer or setter is them loving you too much.  Maybe death by a million love licks?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Even if she didn’t…she recognized an undesirable behavior and culled the animal.  Breeder or not…still objectively a normal animal husbandry practice.
View All Quotes

She's a politician trying to make the move from the state level to the national level. From that lens how does telling this story benefit her?

How do most, let me stress most, Americans feel about dogs? It's borderline irrational right?

So a politician, trying to ingratiate herself with the American populace as a whole comes out with a story like this.

How does it look from that angle?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:30:52 AM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

She recognized a trait she didn't like, from a previous bias. "I hated that dog", "It was less than worthless". Just because she didn't like the dog it doesn't mean that it didn't meet a breed standard or at least fall within the acceptable bounds.

Sounds more like woman making a rash decision rather than attempting to better a line.

There was about 10 other steps before that she could have taken before just plugging it with a shotgun.

As stated a million other times though, not only did she display emotional driven decision making, she was then stupid enough to think it was a good idea to tell a voterbase about it.

Really it's probably a good thing, because do we really want trigger happy morons in office?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:31:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BuckeyeRifleman] [#21]

View Quote

How is the end result of neutering or spaying a dog with undesirable traits prior to selling it or giving it away different than culling it?

Let’s say for the sake of argument it’s not aggressive. I’m all for culling aggressive dogs. But let’s say it’s a lab with poor hunting qualities…

Why not just neuter it and sell it/donate it to a family that wants a pet, full disclosure? Lots of people out there just want a good pet and don’t care that it’s gun shy, won’t retrieve, etc. Especially one that isn’t a shit bull. (I’m 100% for culling all of those.)
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By AbleArcher:

Can't be stated enough. She's a politician on the national stage. She should've known the optics of something like this. Or at least someone in her inner circle should have spoken up.
View Quote

Her words

Through it all, Noem says, Cricket was “the picture of pure joy”.

“I hated that dog"

So paint the picture

She takes the puppy youngster on a bird hunt with some older well trained dogs and "cricket " is having the time of her life running around playing chasing birds  wagging her tail , zooming around  not behaving like the older well trained dogs .

She hated this dog well before this hunt  and was frustrated the dog wasn't adapting to training to be a hunting dog.

Solution ...gravel pit  

Right now she is thinking why the hell did I write this

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:38:51 AM EDT
[#23]
The dog attacking the chickens was HER fault.  She didn’t control her dog.  Bird dogs go after birds.  They don’t know a chicken is someone’s property.  It isn’t like the dog was constantly escaping its kennel and hunting the neighbor’s livestock.   There are simple things she could have done, like had her dog in a crate in her vehicle.  We used to do that anyway, just so we wouldn’t have a muddy bird dog all over vehicle.  

I have a feeling too, she didn’t put the effort in to train this dog.  Between me and my dad, we owned and trained eight bird dogs over the course of 30 years, and had three litters of puppies.  The effort and expense to finish a bird dog is huge, and 14 months is nowhere close to being “finished” on many upland bird dogs, or declaring a dog untrainable.  There are some bird dog trainers who won’t even START serious training until a dog is 8 - 10 months old, because training is stressful and hard on a puppy brain.  

We ended up giving away two dogs.  One, because she always wanted to run away.  My dad found someone who had a huge, fenced in yard, and it worked out perfectly.  The other one was an amazing bird dog, but he started lifting his leg all over the house.  We found someone who wanted a good bird dog that was kept outside, and it worked out perfectly as well.

We don’t much have but turkeys in Ohio anymore, so now I just have Labs, and just as pets (I don’t duck hunt).

This dog died because of her failures as an owner / trainer, plain and simple.   She didn’t do the “hard” thing, she did the “easy” thing, when she was pissed off.  She lacks the maturity to own a dog, let alone be a leader.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:44:40 AM EDT
[#24]
This really is exhibit Y of why Women don’t belong in high level executive politics.

I’m trying to think of one female politician who was considered a “rising star” who turned out to be competent, well adjusted, and had good judgement.

Palin
Boebert
MTG
Etc

I can’t really think of any. They all turned out to be complete train wrecks. Looks like Noem isn’t any different.

Turns out semi attractive conservative women with a girl boss complex are nuts. (Shocker)

There is also probably a “hot crazy matrix” thing going on too, if we’re completely honest.
View Quote

Sarah Huckabee Sanders- Arkansas Governor and Trump's former press secretary.  

Trump knows her and she balances the ticket as a southern governor.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#25]
The dog attacking the chickens was HER fault.  She didn’t control her dog.  Bird dogs go after birds.  They don’t know a chicken is someone’s property.  It isn’t like the dog was constantly escaping its kennel and hunting the neighbor’s livestock.   There are simple things she could have done, like had her dog in a crate in her vehicle.  We used to do that anyway, just so we wouldn’t have a muddy bird dog all over vehicle.  

I have a feeling too, she didn’t put the effort in to train this dog.  Between me and my dad, we owned and trained eight bird dogs over the course of 30 years, and had three litters of puppies.  The effort and expense to finish a bird dog is huge, and 14 months is nowhere close to being “finished” on many upland bird dogs, or declaring a dog untrainable.  There are some bird dog trainers who won’t even START serious training until a dog is 8 - 10 months old, because training is stressful and hard on a puppy brain.  

We ended up giving away two dogs.  One, because she always wanted to run away.  My dad found someone who had a huge, fenced in yard, and it worked out perfectly.  The other one was an amazing bird dog, but he started lifting his leg all over the house.  We found someone who wanted a good bird dog that was kept outside, and it worked out perfectly as well.

We don’t much have but turkeys in Ohio anymore, so now I just have Labs, and just as pets (I don’t duck hunt).

This dog died because of her failures as an owner / trainer, plain and simple.   She didn’t do the “hard” thing, she did the “easy” thing, when she was pissed off.  She lacks the maturity to own a dog, let alone be a leader.
View Quote

Yup.

People are trying to make this a city people/anti/non hunter vs country people/hunter argument.

In reality who shoot dogs they won’t take the effort to train and control are trash. Outside of uncharacteristically aggressive behavior, there is usually a better option than a shotgun and a gravel pit.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:53:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BuckeyeRifleman] [#26]
Originally Posted By Paul_Sothern:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Paul_Sothern:

Palin
Boebert
MTG
Etc

Yeah I almost mentioned her as an exception.

Maybe it’s more of the hot crazy matrix thing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:56:35 AM EDT
[#28]

Yup.

People are trying to make this a city people/anti/non hunter vs country people/hunter argument.

In reality who shoot dogs they won’t take the effort to train and control are trash. Outside of uncharacteristically aggressive behavior, there is usually a better option than a shotgun and a gravel pit.
View All Quotes

Yup.

A local guy actually told us a story recently about shooting a coon dog out in the woods because it wasn't performing.

If you had to make a caricature of how the left portrays a rural white republican this guy would be it. Overweight, sloppy, drinks every day, and is pretty stupid. Kind of tracks really, he's dumb enough to be the kind of guy that's too lazy to train a dog, then gets mad at the dog for being poorly trained.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:05:13 AM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

That’s what’s funny with all the apologists in this thread.    
They’re all so dedicated to making excuses for her extrajudicial killings.

It doesn’t matter if she had reasons.   What matters, is she felt the need to brag about being the Vasily Blokhin of the American Political Establishment.     How can that possibly be helpful?  
Some don’t care if she slaughtered every dog in the county.   But there are millions of fur-baby parents who do care.    Even Vasily knew when to stfu.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Who knew that Kristi Noem and the ATF have so much in common.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Talk about being tone deaf, not being able to read the room.

I personally don’t care if she or anyone else shoots their dog because she’s bored with it or it’s dumb or old or for any other reason, but you don’t write about it when you’re in her position.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#32]
When farmers start shooting $1200 bird dogs it's time revisit subsidies.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By AbleArcher:

She's a politician trying to make the move from the state level to the national level. From that lens how does telling this story benefit her?

How do most, let me stress most, Americans feel about dogs? It's borderline irrational right?

So a politician, trying to ingratiate herself with the American populace as a whole comes out with a story like this.

How does it look from that angle?
View Quote

I’m not going to touch the political aspect of this…outside of that I agree this was a stupid thing to write in a book.

I’m more so pointing out the hypocrisy to those that are having an emotional response to her actions.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#34]
At that point, Noem writes, she realised a construction crew had watched her kill both animals. The startled workers swiftly got back to work, she writes, only for a school bus to arrive and drop off Noem’s children.

“Kennedy looked around confused,” Noem writes of her daughter, who asked: “Hey, where’s Cricket?”

Read it again

In what world did she think this would gain her political points as the number 1 VP pick contender
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:20:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: beardog30] [#35]

She recognized a trait she didn't like, from a previous bias. "I hated that dog", "It was less than worthless". Just because she didn't like the dog it doesn't mean that it didn't meet a breed standard or at least fall within the acceptable bounds.

Sounds more like woman making a rash decision rather than attempting to better a line.

There was about 10 other steps before that she could have taken before just plugging it with a shotgun.

As stated a million other times though, not only did she display emotional driven decision making, she was then stupid enough to think it was a good idea to tell a voterbase about it.

Really it's probably a good thing, because do we really want trigger happy morons in office?
View Quote

It absolutely does in the subjective world of what is or isn’t a desirable trait in a dog.  That’s the basis for any breeding program for any pure bred dog.  Someone at some point had to say I want x behaviors and y physical traits and I’m going to get that by rapidly speeding up evolution with selective breeding.

Could have been a rash decision….probably was.  It’s still inline with animal husbandry practices.

I admittedly don’t really care about the political aspect of this discussion and completely agree with you.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:22:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ranging-by-zipcode:
At that point, Noem writes, she realised a construction crew had watched her kill both animals. The startled workers swiftly got back to work, she writes, only for a school bus to arrive and drop off Noem’s children.

“Kennedy looked around confused,” Noem writes of her daughter, who asked: “Hey, where’s Cricket?”

Read it again

In what world did she think this would gain her political points as the number 1 VP pick contender
View Quote

It's like that scene from Napoleon Dynamite.

Napoleon Dynamite cow scene HD 1080p

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:23:43 AM EDT
[#37]
She's a dumb ass for writing about it like she's some fuckin farmer barely making it. She's a rich politician.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:24:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Those that are saying to put down a 14m dog for behaving badly are gross.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#39]

It's like that scene from Napoleon Dynamite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfU6Di47K9U

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Yet aborting babies is celebrated.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#41]
This is a classic example of what seems normal to you isn't normal for everyone. When you grow up on a farm culling animals is understandable. When I raised dogs I had to cull a few myself but I was smart enough to not advertise it. More than likely the governors audience-she normally speaks to would understand. As a former hunting guide I have seen people shoot their dog-whom they have spent a lot of money on for a frustrating performance. These dogs are not pets-they are equipment or tools. I don't mean to imply that I agree with them but they have a different mentality about their hunting dogs. I think it's more humane to cull a dog then live a life in a kennel-only to hunt and receive very little attention.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:34:10 AM EDT
[#42]

It absolutely does in the subjective world of what is or isn’t a desirable trait in a dog.  That’s the basis for any breeding program for any pure bred dog.  Someone at some point had to say I want x behaviors and y physical traits and I’m going to get that by rapidly speeding up evolution with selective breeding.

Could have been a rash decision….probably was.  It’s still online with animal husbandry practices.

I admittedly don’t really care about the political aspect of this discussion and completely agree with you.
View All Quotes

Could have been a rash decision….probably was.  It’s still online with animal husbandry practices.

The only reason the discussion is happening is because she is a political figure.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

She made the decision based on an incident that was HER fault (she didn’t control her dog) with a 14 month old dog.  If she did plan on being a breeder, she was incompetent.  I’ve known some very “hard” bird dog people in my day, and none of them would have blamed this chicken incident on the 14 month old dog, that the owner failed to control.  

I’ve been at field trials where dogs competing in “puppy class” have gotten away and started harassing caged birds waiting to be put in the field.  Do you think the other bird dog owners blamed the pups or the owner?  When this has happened, the owners were always embarrassed, and they knew that if they took it out on their dogs, in front of a crowd of bird dog people, they’d never be allowed to come back.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#44]

How is the end result of neutering or spaying a dog with undesirable traits prior to selling it or giving it away different than culling it?

Let’s say for the sake of argument it’s not aggressive. I’m all for culling aggressive dogs. But let’s say it’s a lab with poor hunting qualities…

Why not just neuter it and sell it/donate it to a family that wants a pet, full disclosure? Lots of people out there just want a good pet and don’t care that it’s gun shy, won’t retrieve, etc. Especially one that isn’t a shit bull. (I’m 100% for culling all of those.)
View Quote

That’s certainly an option but not the only option.  She choose an option you and I feel is less than desirable.  It doesn’t mean it still isn’t inline with basic animal husbandry practices.

I’m not saying this is the optimal way to have handled this…but you can’t have these breeds without culling less than desirable animals and what she did is inline with those practices.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:02:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beardog30] [#45]

She made the decision based on an incident that was HER fault (she didn’t control her dog) with a 14 month old dog.  If she did plan on being a breeder, she was incompetent.  I’ve known some very “hard” bird dog people in my day, and none of them would have blamed this chicken incident on the 14 month old dog, that the owner failed to control.  

I’ve been at field trials where dogs competing in “puppy class” have gotten away and started harassing caged birds waiting to be put in the field.  Do you think the other bird dog owners blamed the pups or the owner?  When this has happened, the owners were always embarrassed, and they knew that if they took it out on their dogs, in front of a crowd of bird dog people, they’d never be allowed to come back.
View Quote

Maybe…maybe not.  Lots of breeding programs seek to eliminate the need for training when it comes to behavior.  Again completely subjective…you disagree with her actions…but your opinion means nothing in the decision making process in this instance.  Why bother with a subjective value statement when it’s irrelevant?

Good for them…still irrelevant in regards to what the owner feels is or isn’t acceptable when it comes to desirable traits.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By dirtyboy:
Yet aborting babies is celebrated.
View Quote

Just 🛑
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Can't believe you all are giving the concern troll 9 pages of replies.

This stupid Guardian article got plastered on all the right-leaning sights on the same day.  Notice the article mentions Nixon and Romney but doesn't mention Obama eating a fucking dog.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:28:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By TheRedBaron:

She just went into the wrong zone on the hot/crazy matrix.

And she can kiss her chance at VP goodbye.

View Quote

That is why I question the timing of the story.  Someone doesn't want her to be the VP selection and turned this into a newsworthy story without any added context.

The dog killed chickens and attempted to bite the owner.   I've known more than one pet who met their end because they attacked people or other's animals.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:50:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XNARC] [#49]
Originally Posted By Harmonic_Distortion:
all you people excusing killing a dog or likening her killing a dog to the justification that democrats abort babies are sorely missing the point. This race is about getting EVERY vote, and that means from UNDECIDED/middle of the road voters.

Noem knows she's on the short list and she's a politician. The fact that SHE WROTE that in a book, is retard level stupid. It gives the opposition (all of them) ammo. If you're in a battle, you don't give your enemy ammo to shoot you with. You don't give them clubs to beat you with.

Noem did both and it shows that she's not cut out for the job.

Sorry, not sorry.
View Quote

I have dogs, but I don’t give them human status…they’re not going to cross any rainbow bridge. Stop wringing hands and clutching pearls over what the left doesn’t like, they’re virtual signaling anyway. They’ll murders baby, because it might interfere with their trip to Cancun. If it wasn’t dog, she’d be attacked for hunting Bambi , and making sausage. As I’ve  said, who gives a shit what these fucktards that have made murdering babies and mutilating  children into a demonic art form, and that’s the perspective  that should be presented. Anyone who gives this so much attention, plays into the lefts ambush tactics, and using your words is retard level stupid.

Here’s the truth behind the ‘willow’ tear-jerker ad

https://www.liveaction.org/news/biden-ad-three-big-lies-woman-abortion/

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:52:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMNM3noX0AAN7lX?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote
That bee sting is going to hurt.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top