BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:56:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NCPatrolAR] [#1]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:57:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: John-in-austin] [#2]
Having to ram an idiot about to plow thru a school pickup area is "Just a traffic stop" according to GD.  She wasn't even on a roadway.

Just another Methany doing methy things.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ponykilr:

You're joking right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ponykilr:
Originally Posted By UV18:

Never seen fire ants leave those blisters before.

You're joking right?

Everytime I've seen them, and they don't heal up right away. They'll come back several times.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn, that’s a lot of ant bites.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:02:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PepePewPew] [#5]
Originally Posted By wesr228:

If you listen to the PD, it’s, “misleading.”
View Quote

I remember that 18 year old girl who got "slammed" to the pavement for speeding 37 in a 30 zone driving home from high school.
Her dad posted the video which the city didn't want us to see, annotated to point out important details to the viewer.
The code word there was "edited".
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:03:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the follower of the Nation Of Islam and their great ideology.

View Quote

During OSUT at Ft. Benning we had 3-4 guys get all fucked up by fire ants during PT. They were well disciplined about it for a while at least then they finally broke formation. Drill Sergeants started to tear them a new asshole, then saw all the bites, they were then taken to the medics.  The one guy wore PT gear for a few days as his uniform. It was ugly.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

Because the statute of limitations is three years?

@LawyerUp mentioned a new client who was trying to work with an attorney who wouldn't file and wouldn't decline the job.
Finally declined shortly before SOL would expire and referred them to John, who had immediate plans to file suit.

I think it was this one:
https://thecivilrightslawyer.com/2024/05/03/the-most-ignorant-wv-cops-yet-exclusive-bodycam-lawsuit-inbound/
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:
Why is she suing three years later?

Because the statute of limitations is three years?

@LawyerUp mentioned a new client who was trying to work with an attorney who wouldn't file and wouldn't decline the job.
Finally declined shortly before SOL would expire and referred them to John, who had immediate plans to file suit.

I think it was this one:
https://thecivilrightslawyer.com/2024/05/03/the-most-ignorant-wv-cops-yet-exclusive-bodycam-lawsuit-inbound/

I would hope that he files a grievance against the original attorney with the State Bar Association.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Lawsuit filed involving woman bitten by ants during 2021 arrest

SANTA FE, Texas – A federal civil lawsuit has been filed claiming Santa Fe police officers used excessive force during a 2021 arrest.

An 18-second clip of police bodycam footage from the arrest, shared by attorneys, shows a woman screaming that ants are biting her face as she is laying down handcuffed in a grassy area. The lawsuit claims 33-year-old mother Taylor Rogers had her head pushed into a fire ant pile while she was being arrested.

According to the suit, Rogers was taking her 9-year-old son to RJ Wollam Elementary School on August 19, 2021, when she turned into a lane designated for busses only. After that, she claims people “banged on her car,” and an officer even pointed a gun at her.

“The morning of August 19th. 2021 stands out in my memory as a day that underscores a significant issue, the absence of empathy and human compassion among some individuals in law enforcement,” Rogers said reading off prepared remakes at a Saturday, May 11, press conference. “I urge the Santa Fe Police Department, along with all law enforcement agencies, to embody the principles, the principles they espouse within their own walls.”

Rogers’ attorney, Randall Kallinen, is calling for punishment for the officers involved.

“The Santa Fe Police Department has not disciplined any officer,” Kallinen said. “They have accepted this behavior. Which means that there are probably other situations where excessive force is used upon by officers.”

However, the officers involved in the incident say the lawsuit’s description of events is inaccurate.

KPRC 2′s Rilwan Balogun spoke with Santa Fe ISD Police Chief Ruben Espinoza via Zoom. Espinoza was a sergeant with the school district and at the scene of the arrest.

According to Espinoza, Rogers appeared to be attempting to cut to the front of the area where parents drop off their students, and she behaved erratically when he attempted to warn her against it.

A short time later, Rogers was apprehended by different officers, and she drove off the road onto grass attempting to get away after they turned on their lights, Espinoza said.

“She turned her vehicle into a bus driveway where students are dropped off by the bus,” Espinoza said. “That location [is] at the front of the school is very close to where kids are being dropped off. I could tell she was determined not to stop, so my fear was... that she was going to run over someone near the school. So, I used my vehicle to stop her vehicle from doing that.”

After officers stopped her vehicle, Espinoza said Rogers was being erratic and noncompliant when she was put into handcuffs. At this point, he says the events that took place in the video don’t tell the full story.

He also clarified that there was no visible ant pile on the area of the ground where Rogers was placed.

“The video that y’all were provided by her attorneys does not show a complete, accurate description of the event,” Espinoza said. “In the video, you can clearly see there is no pile of ants that was observable, that I could see at that time. During this whole time, she’s noncompliant.”

He added that he told officers to put Rogers in the police vehicle seconds after she was heard saying she was being bitten, but she resisted again. After the video cuts, Espinoza says officers told Rogers to calm down, at which point she agreed and was lifted without further incident.

“The description of the ants only lasted seconds, and it only lasted as long as it did because she was noncompliant. She would’ve been lifted off the ground sooner if she had quit resisting at that time.”

Santa Fe Police Chief Walter Barun could not be reached for comment, but Santa Fe City Manager Alun Thomas has spoken out in support of the officers involved. He added that he was satisfied with the internal investigation into the officers’ behavior during the incident.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#9]
People have reactions to fire and, short of her being a murder or a pedo she did not in anyway deserve this.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:24:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thedownzero] [#10]
I don’t care.

Maybe if she didn’t resist/attempt to flee it would’ve been a normal traffic infraction/stop. She escalated it and frankly got lucky by landing on ants as now she’ll probably get a settlement. Dumb bitch goes off-roading with her kid when they try to pull her over, sucks she landed on ants but play atupid games win stupid prizes.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:27:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AlabamaFan64:

The ones in Alabama leave those blisters every time.
View Quote

I can personally say Georgia Fire ants leave blisters just like that.  I hope she owns that town when it’s all said and done. Wardawg
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By WarDawg:

I can personally say Georgia Fire ants leave blisters just like that.  I hope she owns that town when it’s all said and done. Wardawg
View Quote

Cool, they should make it department policy that when making a felony arrest, in the middle of affecting that arrest, another officer should scan the ground and point out/mark a suitable area in which the suspect can be laid down during arrest.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 1245xx:
Should have just taken some Benadryl.  Pussy ass cry baby.
View Quote
Dumbest fucking post I've seen in a while.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:
Having to ram an idiot about to plow thru a school pickup area is "Just a traffic stop" according to GD.  She wasn't even on a roadway.

View Quote

And that excuses torturing her with fire ants?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Did it ever occur to them that she was struggling because she was being chewed up?

I challenge any one of you to lay on your chest on a fireant mound and be still and compliant while I fumble around trying to cuff you up with the adrenaline shakes because this is the most action my one-horse town has gotten in years.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:38:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SmilingBandit] [#16]
Originally Posted By thedownzero:

Cool, they should make it department policy that when making a felony arrest, in the middle of affecting that arrest, another officer should scan the ground and point out/mark a suitable area in which the suspect can be laid down during arrest.
View All Quotes

I would suggest that there are different actions that should be taken during the arrest and afterwards.  If their statement is true that "Per the court documents, Caranza allegedly twisted Rogers's legs and hogtied her, and she couldn't swipe the ants off her face or body. She claimed the officers didn't bother to help her swipe the ants away or move her to a different location."  Then it would appear that they kept her in the fire ant area which would be a problem.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Kanati:
Did it ever occur to them that she was struggling because she was being chewed up?

I challenge any one of you to lay on your chest on a fireant mound and be still and compliant while I fumble around trying to cuff you up with the adrenaline shakes because this is the most action my one-horse town has gotten in years.
View Quote

Citizens are not allowed to have physiological reactions to external stimuli when dealing with the police.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:41:28 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

I can personally say Georgia Fire ants leave blisters just like that.  I hope she owns that town when it's all said and done. Wardawg

In the video, there's several officers standing around while she's being held down by a single officer. Seems like one could have taken a moment to look at her face when she says ants are biting her.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MattyMattel:
When I was a little kid, I used to play Ultraman/Godzilla on those mounds, they're like crawling fire.

I imagine I'll have to deal with those soon, brother's in the hospital racked with cancer. Mom and I are gonna fly down to Houston, I'll be mowing a yard that hasn't been mowed in months.
View Quote

@MattyMattel what part of Houston?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:45:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I get stung by fire ants almost every day. Big whoopdy do.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Texaspyro21:
In the video, there's several officers standing around while she's being held down by a single officer. Seems like one could have taken a moment to look at her face when she says ants are biting her.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Texaspyro21:

I can personally say Georgia Fire ants leave blisters just like that.  I hope she owns that town when it's all said and done. Wardawg

Do you have a link to the video?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
I get stung by fire ants almost every day. Big whoopdy do.
View Quote

By choose or because armed agents of the state are holding you on to of the mound?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I just don't really see how we're better with police like this.

Defund the police I guess. We can do better on our own
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Photo proof of the TORTURE has just been found

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:08:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Fire Ants! Beware! Don't Try This At Home???? #fireants #shorts #dangerous #nature
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#26]
fuck fire ants.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:31:08 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

She’s gonna be able to afford meth for the whole trailer park once the Santa Fe PDs insurance lawyers settle
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Maybe they weren't actual fire ant stings you saw then.

They leave a distinct blister that manifests immediately.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

Do you have a link to the video?
View Quote

Video clip in news article

This photo is about 10 seconds after she was yelling about the ants. 4 officers standing around, including body camera officer.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By jwr6:

She’s gonna be able to afford meth for the whole trailer park once the Santa Fe PDs insurance lawyers settle
View Quote

Nah.  "Go away" money at best.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Nah.  "Go away" money at best.
View Quote

Shouldnt even be that.  Agencies really should fight more of these than just paying people off
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:54:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ascendent] [#32]
NCM
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#33]

Nope you're as 1 sided as ever.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TGE:
Those don't look like any fire ant bites I've ever seen.

Why did she wait so long to file the lawsuit?

Ha ha, those are just a couple lil ant bites.

She shouldn't have resisted.

I was taught to be polite and respectful to dUh bLeW and this never happens to me.

Am I missing any so far?

Nope you're as 1 sided as ever.
Just trying to predict the responses lol

Dunno on this one, will be interesting to see full video.

"I panicked and fled" doesn't sound too promising to me, nor does driving badly around a school drop-off line. Holding her in fire ants and/or not brushing them off or giving some aid might be a bit much though if that's what really happened.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:00:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Those cops need to be fired and prohibited from ever wearing a badge again. Maybe some jail time. That woman needs to get paid. It needs to hurt. No excuse for this nonsense and it’s even worse that they’re trying to cover up.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:00:59 PM EDT
[#35]

"I panicked and fled" doesn't sound too promising to me, nor does driving badly around a school drop-off line. Holding her in fire ants and/or not brushing them off or giving some aid might be a bit much though if that's what really happened.
View Quote

I have a feeling the rest of the footage her attorney has shows them trying to remove the ants via pouring saline or something similar on her to flush them off.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:19:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MattyMattel] [#36]
Originally Posted By NotJackMiller:

View All Quotes
When I was a little kid, I used to play Ultraman/Godzilla on those mounds, they're like crawling fire.

I imagine I'll have to deal with those soon, brother's in the hospital racked with cancer. Mom and I are gonna fly down to Houston, I'll be mowing a yard that hasn't been mowed in months.

@NotJackMiller Spring Branch area back in the early 1970s. When Houston wasn't so big. Later moved at what was the time, the sticks known as Tomball/Magnolia.

Houston's a mess.

Anyone who has been to Conroe's Blackwoods range, my brother was the old guy who kept the skeet/trap machines running.

He lives in east side of Conroe.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#37]

I have a feeling the rest of the footage her attorney has shows them trying to remove the ants via pouring saline or something similar on her to flush them off.
View All Quotes

I expect the cops would have mentioned that if true though. Perhaps but who knows. I also wonder if she was drunk or high, assuming the depiction of her driving is accurate.

But then again if it was cut and dry good cops doing good things, I wonder why they haven't released the rest of the footage.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm in south FL, semi-rural property. We never had fire ants in our yard until we had a particularly wet hurricane come through, lots of flooding. There were mounds of fire ants floating down the middle of the road, I'm talking 2ft x 2ft size. The ones on the bottom basically commit suicide for the nest. It was crazy looking.

After a few run-ins with them in the yard, we went savage mode on them. We don't have them now... until the next flooding event. They definitely would leave blisters.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#39]
I bet you that the cops will say that her freaking out about getting bit was her "resisting"
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#40]
I’m always amazed that the GD mUH aCAb crowd always falls for the sleazy lawyer version of events..

Do you have Al Sharpton shrines too?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:36:40 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

They will leave those welt's. Fucking scourge here in Carolina
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:47:22 PM EDT
[#42]
So, perhaps this wasn't a simple traffic stop.

She what, collided head on or t-boned a patrol car?

On school property.

Heading counter flow?

Driving across the lawn?

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:48:45 PM EDT
[#43]

@NotJackMiller Spring Branch area back in the early 1970s. When Houston wasn't so big. Later moved at what was the time, the sticks known as Tomball/Magnolia.

Houston's a mess.

Anyone who has been to Conroe's Blackwoods range, my brother was the old guy who kept the skeet/trap machines running.

View All Quotes

Houston's a mess.

Too far for me to get to or I'd try to come out and knock some of it out.  Houston is definitely a mess.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Obviously the marks on her face all came from meth, not fire ant stings.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By eviioiive:
I'm always amazed that the GD mUH aCAb crowd always falls for the sleazy lawyer version of events..

Do you have Al Sharpton shrines too?
View Quote
yes, she is obviously faking

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:56:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NCPatrolAR] [#46]
I expect the cops would have mentioned that if true though. Perhaps but who knows. I also wonder if she was drunk or high, assuming the depiction of her driving is accurate.

But then again if it was cut and dry good cops doing good things, I wonder why they haven't released the rest of the footage.
View Quote

She did her announcement for this suit on a Saturday.  The agency probably said “fuck it, we’ll re-release the footage on Monday”.   It’s not like they haven’t released it once already.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:56:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DrKlahn] [#47]

oh boy children today we are going to be dealing with larger numbers!

Can you say one million….. 2 million.. 3 million….. 4 million ha ha ha ha ha ha…… I think the police done fucked up enough here for her to get…..can you say 5 million dollars ???!!!’

I think you can say it children and I think the jury will too!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!😈
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:59:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bollocks44] [#48]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#49]
I’m skeptical. Need more
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:07:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bollocks44] [#50]
Originally Posted By Inneedofhelp:

View Quote

I’m sorry for TORTURING you. I’ll call off the swarm of attack ants that are burrowing their way to you.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top