Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Blain:

That's still dialed down a fair bit, bit would be the minimum I would consider acceptavle.
What type of zero are you using?  Is that sighted in with a nose to charging handle cheek weld?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By longhunter09:

Single data point but I had absolutely no issue zeroing an XM4-ish build with an "F" FSB (Colt 14.5" Socom barrel) and H&R A2 upper.
https://i.postimg.cc/tgnJ5t0c/20240309-124756.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/50w0c42q/20240309-132726.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/zBmBPb8G/20240309-133015.jpg

That's still dialed down a fair bit, bit would be the minimum I would consider acceptavle.
What type of zero are you using?  Is that sighted in with a nose to charging handle cheek weld?

I would definitely not consider that dialed down a fair bit, but I am also not very picky if function is not affected in any way. I used a standard army 25 meter zero with M193 and a nose to charging candle cheek weld.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By mcantu:
normal eye relief behind the irons can be anywhere from 2-6". being a stickler for NTCH is only really a beneficial thing when training noobs on what a proper sight picture is
View All Quotes

normal eye relief behind the irons can be anywhere from 2-6". being a stickler for NTCH is only really a beneficial thing when training noobs on what a proper sight picture is

Agreed 100%. I fell into the habit of doing it because I am TA31 fanatic lol.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By mike_nds:

I just went over and checked one.

From flush it had 26 clicks until it bottomed out. We are generally 4-6 clicks below flush for zero.

The rear is set at 8/3 with 3 full clicks down before bottoming out, just like I was taught at 45B school.

We do our best on the windage but I'm not going to guarantee 5 clicks off center as I've seen drastic shifts of both windage and elevation with a simple ammo change.
View Quote
understandable. btw, that 5 clicks off center is specifically for the fixed carry handle A2. for the removable carry handle the spec says up to 10 clicks off center (because of the finer thread pitch)
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:57:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:26:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Since we’re on the issues; I’ve never had an issue zeroing an F marked FSB on a fixed carry handle upper. Almost every one of my fixed carry handle builds has had an F marked FSB and they don’t appear ‘buried’. The only one that isn’t F marked is a Brownell’s BRN-16A1.

The only FSB barrel I’ve had any issue zeroing was a Wyndham Weaponry 20” barrel that I had cut to a 16” Dissipator. It actually had the opposite issue where the FSP was screwed too far out due to them cutting the slot between the ears way too deep. I had to get an extended FSP from KNS Precision in order to get it zeroed properly.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:44:10 AM EDT
[#6]

From flush it had 26 clicks until it bottomed out. We are generally 4-6 clicks below flush for zero.

The rear is set at 8/3 with 3 full clicks down before bottoming out, just like I was taught at 45B school.

We do our best on the windage but I'm not going to guarantee 5 clicks off center as I've seen drastic shifts of both windage and elevation with a simple ammo change.
View All Quotes
this is going to be a weird question but how many clicks of downward adjustment would you say are left? I'm looking at the M16A2 spec and it says the front sight should have at least 16 clicks of downwards adjustment left after zeroing and the rear sight should be within 5 clicks of center

Most people don't know that the USMC set up the A2 sights to have an 8/3-3 position (6/3-6 on the removable carry handle). This allowed for a 200 yd setting on the small aperture by dialing down 2 clicks below 8/3

I thought that the Army only set theirs to bottom out at 8/3 (6/3)?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:03:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:54:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I was at a shop a couple days ago and saw or heard of these for the first time.  The rifle appears to be pretty well built.  I was making my rounds at the gun shops, and three out of five of them had these in stock.  All were priced the same at $1199.

I think these should be $999 tops.  $850 to $950 once the newness wears off.  

SA seems to be claiming the M16 style bolt carrier group, the accu-tite tensioning system, and probably the M4 feed ramps, as upgrades or "innovations" that make the rifle better than the original A2 style rifles sold on the civilian market.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:08:40 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Yeah.  I think it is the stupidest thing when people claim NTCH is the only and proper way to shoot.  I was in the Marine Corps nearly 12 years and shot Expert most of those years.  I never even heard of NTCH until I got on this site.  I figured it was just something I was missing out on and tried it.  I have to rotate the rifle out of the pocket of my shoulder and seriously crane my neck to get into that position.  And that is without gear on.  There is absolutely no way for me to assume a natural and relaxed shooting position, I believe that is one of the basic shooting fundamentals, while attempting NTCH.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top