AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:47:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You get to try it at the range yet?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:56:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Tag for interest. Looking at the Nightforce NSX and the Trijicon Credo to go on a 20” ar15 build.

I plan on using the scope to do load development at my local 100 yard range and for shooting steel out to 500 yards ish. I’m leaning towards the trijicon because of the reticle and I have been very happy with the accupoints, rmrs and Acogs I already have.

Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:15:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jhon] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 3-gun:
You get to try it at the range yet?
View Quote

Got a chance to run the Credo 2-10. Like it quite a bit. At 2x the inside the reticle is pretty small, the solid black bars make it functional for snap shots at close range but not really precise. Reticle starts to get usable around 4x. At 10x it's great. No issues with parallax so far, but only had it to 100 yards. I was out in bright sunlight today. Next range trip will involve some steel at hopefully 400 yards.

I will say the reticle made it super easy to zero. Fired a 5 shot group, measured the correction quickly, and had it dialed in on the second group. So it does track really well.

ETA: Forgot something. The eye relief on this scope feels really long. I have it in a Repitilia 1.54" mount and with it as far forward as possible I have to run the stock out pretty far on an A5 tube when prone. I think I'm going to have to get an extended mount.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 10:14:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I always get mixed feelings of excitement and dread when it's time to buy a new scope. So many choices and there's always the fear of getting the wrong scope.

When I had to choose something for my 14.5, I went with the PST 2-10x. It's a very good bang for the buck. I really like the way the zero stop is set up.  Yes, it's a PITA, but while zeroing, the elevation becomes infinitely adjustable so you can get a precise zero and it locks up solidly once set. The lack of locking turrets is what I dislike the most. I just check the elevation for zero and I wrap tape around the windage knob to keep it from getting spun. The glass is very good as well.

I didn't care for the PA GLX. I kept it about a month and dumped it. The chevron covers too much of the target when you want to dial for elevation. Yes, there are work arounds,  but why even deal with it?

The Credo is very nice. I think the glass is a bit better than the PST and PA GLX. Unless you're shooting for groups at long distances, the lack of parallax adjustment may not be a big deal for you. At max magnification, the eyebox gets small enough that you have to be right behind it anyway.

In the end, I chose the PST and haven't regretted it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top