Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:36:32 PM EDT
[#2]
My first tisas. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone install a threaded barrel in their Mac?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#4]
@SDSImports

Any plans on a 45 double stack?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:59:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunnut284] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By yamahawarrior89:
@SDSImports

Any plans on a 45 double stack?
View Quote

@SDSImports

I want a Nightstalker DS 9mm in the 4.25” barrel size, with a longer rail (long enough for the TLR-1 or X300, to the end of the slide would be fine). No slide ports
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:55:51 PM EDT
[#6]
What kind of sight cut is the front on these? If I get the 5" gun I'd like a FO front.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By bad2006z71:
What kind of sight cut is the front on these? If I get the 5" gun I'd like a FO front.
View Quote
Tisas offers their own FO sights, on their website.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:14:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By m4nut:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m4nut:

Sweet. I just ordered a 5" from gunzonedeals.
The Tisas Grip looks like ass, I'll probably get a prodigy grip from SA.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:45:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GT86] [#9]

View Quote

I didn't like the stock grip either. Swapping a Prodigy module on there was easy, and I like the color contrast.

Besides the module, I needed the Prodigy MSH and mag catch button. Also, the mag catch spring lock from the Tisas won't work in the Prodigy button, but a standard 1911 spring lock will. And I did need to do some very minor filing on the trigger channel to get the trigger to slide smoothly.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:08:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bad2006z71] [#10]
Originally Posted By GT86:

I didn't like the stock grip either. Swapping a Prodigy module on there was easy, and I like the color contrast.

Besides the module, I needed the Prodigy MSH and mag catch button. Also, the mag catch spring lock from the Tisas won't work in the Prodigy button, but a standard 1911 spring lock will. And I did need to do some very minor filing on the trigger channel to get the trigger to slide smoothly.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/70313/1000008463_jpg-3209102.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GT86:

Besides the module, I needed the Prodigy MSH and mag catch button. Also, the mag catch spring lock from the Tisas won't work in the Prodigy button, but a standard 1911 spring lock will. And I did need to do some very minor filing on the trigger channel to get the trigger to slide smoothly.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/70313/1000008463_jpg-3209102.JPG
Weird how the tisas stuff wont work.
I called SA today and bought the grip but they wont sell the mag release or msh.
Ill probably look up egw and see what they had. Was hoping the tisas stuff with transfer over as i dont really want to spend anymore money.

Edit. Looks like everything from egw is going to run $100. Def going to have to wait awhile.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:02:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GT86] [#11]
Weird how the tisas stuff wont work.
I called SA today and bought the grip but they wont sell the mag release or msh.
Ill probably look up egw and see what they had. Was hoping the tisas stuff with transfer over as i dont really want to spend anymore money.

Edit. Looks like everything from egw is going to run $100. Def going to have to wait awhile.
View Quote

The Tisas MSH may work with a little fitting. On mine, it was too tall and interfered with the grip safety.

The mag catch is a slightly different shape and was too large for the holes in the Prodigy grip. And the channel for the spring lock is further towards the middle of the catch on the Tisas. Didn't take much to make the catch fit into the frame, but when installed it stuck way too far out the left side of the frame.

Weird that Springfield wouldn't sell the catch or MSH. When I ordered my grip I also ordered those parts, and there wasn't a problem except the grip was on backorder. About a week later I got a shipping notice so it wasn't a long wait.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:14:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GT86] [#12]
Tisas mag catch on top, Prodigy on the bottom. Excuse the condition of the Tisas, I decided out of curiosity to see if I could make it work. So Dremel time it was, since I didn't care how it looked.

Anyway, the Tisas spring lock is in a different location, and the Prodigy has a lip on the left side to keep it from coming too far out the left side of the frame.

bad2006z71, if you want the Prodigy mag catch, it's yours. Just needs a spring and lock, but those are cheap. It's used, came off my Prodigy (replaced it with an EGW version). For that matter you can also have my Tisas MSH so you have one to try and see if fitting it will work.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Red Dirt trigger for Staccato fit/works in the MAC 9 grip module. Assume it’s the same for the Tisas DS grip module.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:01:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RANDY_MAR5H:

My gunsmith friend said the same thing. Likely the disconnector.

This is my first 19/2011 platform. I guess i'm a bit salty because I feel like if it is the disconnector hanging up, it may not have been installed correctly upon shipment.

TL;DR, i'm hoping the gunsmith at SDS in TN is more competent than the guy on the assembly line in Turkey was.
View Quote

Update on mine: Still at SDS. They quoted me a 30 day ETA from time of reception. So i'm hoping to have it back in my hands by the end of May
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:11:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bad2006z71] [#16]
Got my 5" DS in. Overall pretty nice.
Finish is good. Trigger is a tad heavy but great reset and no grit. Has a ledge style Slide stop which I like.

Bad.
Has a bit of rattle, which is to be expected at the price point.
Barrel has just a smidge of movement if you press down on it.
Thumb safety and frame/Grip safety area is sharp as shit.
Mag release doesn't have any checkering, not a big deal but kind of stupid.
Big negative possibly is it seems the slide notch for the slide stop is cut too small. The Tisas SS fits and locks up fine but a 10-8 is to big for the "notch". Could be an issue if the Tisas SS breaks.

Wish it had a FO front, I may change it sometime. Grip module is ok. Not too big feeling but the texture kinda sucks. Will swap it out to the Prodigy grip I just got.

Mo Betta

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 2:33:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I didn't care for the longer reach trigger on the MAC, so I swapped it out for the Tisas DS trigger .  Much better reach and feel to me, though you do lose the overtravel stop adjust.  Not a bad solution for $35.

Link Posted: 5/21/2024 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone know if MAC is planning a 5" version? Will buy immediately.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top