BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:33:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Luny421:

The mass and cross-sectional area of the Ti adapters is higher than that of a Ti baffle. It will be fine.
View Quote

Not only that, but the mount adapter is not getting blasted directly with hot gasses and particulates.

It's only getting heated indirectly by contact from the barrel and suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:56:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By fmkenner:
Would I have enough room to run the Paladin brake with this adapter and my scythe ti?
View Quote

No sir.

You need an XL adapter to run the Scythe with the Paladin brake.  The paladin brake will touch your first blast baffle if you try and run this combo.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:48:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

No sir.

You need an XL adapter to run the Scythe with the Paladin brake.  The paladin brake will touch your first blast baffle if you try and run this combo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Magsz18:
Would I have enough room to run the Paladin brake with this adapter and my scythe ti?

No sir.

I'm glad you told me. I ordered 3 Ti adapters and pick up my scythe in the morning as it just got approved. I was going to buy all my muzzle devices, the paladin was going on all my 30 caliber rifles. That changes things.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:32:30 AM EDT
[#4]

I'm glad you told me. I ordered 3 Ti adapters and pick up my scythe in the morning as it just got approved. I was going to buy all my muzzle devices, the paladin was going on all my 30 caliber rifles. That changes things.
View Quote

I’d look for a Ti minimalist brake to get the lightest possible package.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:37:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#5]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:

View Quote

And the Hansohn Bros Ti endcap for the Scythe Ti trifecta.

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/hansohn-brothers/accessories/front-caps/hansohn-titanium-front-cap/
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:

And the Hansohn Bros Ti endcap for the Scythe Ti trifecta.

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/hansohn-brothers/accessories/front-caps/hansohn-titanium-front-cap/
View Quote

I'm on the waiting list for the end cap. I think it was a guy named "Joker" that put me on the scythe ti. He had a nice lite setup, 8oz with end cap and mount.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:23:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:

View Quote

You don't think the titanium brake might see too much heat? It's right at the end of the barrel.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:29:20 AM EDT
[#8]

You don't think the titanium brake might see too much heat? It's right at the end of the barrel.
View Quote

You could use the steel minimalist brake or the EZ brake. I use the Ti one on my bleedmore bolt gun, steel on ARs.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:54:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:

You could use the steel minimalist brake or the EZ brake. I use the Ti one on my bleedmore bolt gun, steel on ARs.
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing. At the moment I have a bolt action in mind that would be a perfect fit. 300blk, 9.5" barrel, sbr. I do have a lite weight AR, 6.5 creedmoor with a carbon fiber barrel. Not sure I want to suppress that. It's extremely lite but a suppressor on the end would make it a spear.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:08:13 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
The Scythe Ti blast chamber is 1 5/8” deep, so like 1.675, maybe a c-hair less. Plan A from Griffin adds like .2”. Looks like you’d want a Plan A-L, but not necessarily an XL.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:59:54 PM EDT
[#11]
The Scythe Ti blast chamber is 1 5/8” deep, so like 1.675, maybe a c-hair less. Plan A from Griffin adds like .2”. Looks like you’d want a Plan A-L, but not necessarily an XL.
View Quote

I going to figure out another muzzle device, I have my mind set on using the ti mount.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:01:28 PM EDT
[#12]

I going to figure out another muzzle device, I have my mind set on using the ti mount.
View Quote

What kind of round count do you put on these guns? If you’re running them like a 5.56 carbine, then yes the Ti mount will probably wear eventually (it is a consumable though, technically). If using it like a DMR or PRS style rifle, the Ti would be fine I think.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:40:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KalmanPhilter] [#13]
I’d expect the orifice plate on a titanium muzzle device (brake) to wear (flame erosion), but a mount that threads into the silencer tube and mounts in the muzzle device should be durable. Heat typically builds first at the blast baffle and moves forward.  At least in any of the thermal imaging videos I’ve seen.

Ecco sells a bravo male to bravo female thread adapter that can add room for longer muzzle devices. Adds 3/4” and 1.6 ounces. At that cost&weight point for a little more cost the Griffin Plan A  Long at just under 2 ounces is probably worth it if the 0.73” length added is sufficient.  Stacking threads can get annoying even if they line up perfectly.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I have had the titanium single port brake from Griffin on my 11.5 for years. It has very minor erosion, but it's not bad.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Tug153:
I have had the titanium single port brake from Griffin on my 11.5 for years. It has very minor erosion, but it's not bad.
View Quote

What kind of gun were you using it on?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote
I had one on a 20" 260rem for a while too, it didn't show any wear after a good amount of load development and hunting.  I just put one on my 300wsm in anticipation of my Scythe being approved, and I'm going to put one on my other WSM and -06 without any worry.  I mean, the whole can is Ti.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#17]

What kind of gun were you using it on?
View Quote

5.56 AR.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:17:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fmkenner] [#18]
View Quote

I got to rethinking this. I really want to go with the Ti mount on the scythe but I could set it up where the 556 won't fit the 30 cans.

ETA: I bought extra ti mounts. Probably should get another can so I don't have extra parts.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:54:03 AM EDT
[#19]

5.56 AR.
View Quote

Good to see it worked for that. I'd thought about buying one for a while.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:49:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Good to see it worked for that. I'd thought about buying one for a while.
View Quote

Durability wise it works well. It is a very blasty brake though on a short barrel.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Got my Ti Plan A adapter in from Ecco. 1.2 oz vs 2.2 oz. for the Griffin version. I don't know if that's enough for me to upgrade all the ones I have, but it looks great and seems to be a high quality adapter.

Now for the moment AAC Ranger fans have been waiting for...

Ecco has a much smaller lip than the Grffin one.

Fits perfectly on the Ranger Mini 7!!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:46:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Toker_:
Got my Ti Plan A adapter in from Ecco. 1.2 oz vs 2.2 oz. for the Griffin version. I don't know if that's enough for me to upgrade all the ones I have, but it looks great and seems to be a high quality adapter.

https://i.imgur.com/PbTCekb.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/TtSeaxI.jpeg
View Quote
@Amish_Bill
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#23]
@Amish_Bill
View Quote

One thing to note. The Hammer Comp is too long to work with the Ecco Ti and the Ranger 7 Mini. I know the EZ Brake fits, but no idea if any of the ones in-between those two fit.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#24]

https://i.imgur.com/PbTCekb.jpeg

View Quote

I’ve never seen raw adapters from Griffin, mine are all nitrided. Was there a limited run of those?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Luny421:

I’ve never seen raw adapters from Griffin, mine are all nitrided. Was there a limited run of those?
View Quote

Don't want to derail the thread too much, but I'm a new Griffin user. The H900 Treated option is on the website in the drop down.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:24:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Amish_Bill] [#26]
... Now for the moment AAC Ranger fans have been waiting for...
... Fits perfectly on the Ranger Mini 7!!!

@ Amish_Bill
View Quote
Hot DAMN!!

I may have to shuffle my MD situation around a little, but this looks good. I'm assuming the Ranger Mini and ranger 7 have their indent at the same place.

Off to remeasure my can and start guestimating what brakes/hiders will fit in it like this.

Hey ECCO - any chance one of these might accidentally get cut with the Griffin Long or XL program in your lathe?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:42:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Amish_Bill:
Hot DAMN!!

I may have to shuffle my MD situation around a little, but this looks good. I'm assuming the Ranger Mini and ranger 7 have their indent at the same place.

Off to remeasure my can and start guestimating what brakes/hiders will fit in it like this.

Hey ECCO - any chance one of these might accidentally get cut with the Griffin Long or XL program in your lathe?
View Quote

I would be so interested in a Griffin Long or XL version. I just received 3 of this version and it's really nice, but I find out I might need a longer adapter for some stuff.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:15:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Ecco also sells a Hub extender for the purpose of fitting mounts into blast chambers.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:00:23 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

It should be the same can other than length, but I'm not an expert. I'll measure where the Hammer Comp is hitting the can when I get back. That should give you a closer measurement of the compatible MD.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:35:26 AM EDT
[#30]
FWIW, on my Ranger 7, the distance from the face where a hub mount snugs down to the longest tip of the first baffle is 41.1mm. The longest taper mount I have is a Stealth at 67.4mm, so that leaves about 26.3mm to make up for, plus FH/BB gap.  The Griffin XL Taper only seems to add 25-ish mm...

.. so, giving 41.1mm of space, minus about 5mm for the gap and adding 25 for the XL, my length limit is about 60mm/2.3". (assuming i get the XL modified)

Can anyone give me the thickness of the external flange on the Ecco parts? For the moment, I'm going to guestimate 6mm, which leaves about 42mm/1.6" for a hider. SO... if I get this Ti HUB adapter, I can only use it with an EZ Brake or Minimalist brake on a Ranger 7.  :-/
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#31]
FWIW, on my Ranger 7, the distance from the face where a hub mount snugs down to the longest tip of the first baffle is 41.1mm. The longest taper mount I have is a Stealth at 67.4mm, so that leaves about 26.3mm to make up for, plus FH/BB gap.  The Griffin XL Taper only seems to add 25-ish mm...

.. so, giving 41.1mm of space, minus about 5mm for the gap and adding 25 for the XL, my length limit is about 60mm/2.3". (assuming i get the XL modified)

Can anyone give me the thickness of the external flange on the Ecco parts? For the moment, I'm going to guestimate 6mm, which leaves about 42mm/1.6" for a hider. SO... if I get this Ti HUB adapter, I can only use it with an EZ Brake or Minimalist brake on a Ranger 7.  :-/
View Quote
0.21”/5.25mm
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#32]
0.21"/5.25mm
View Quote
Thanks.
Not too bad - my guess was within a mm.

Those extenders look interesting. Based on the pics, I think they will fit behind the hips of that Ranger 7. I'm not thrilled at the idea of adding 3/4" to an already kind'a heavy 6.75" can, but the freedom to use any taper mount with it can't be ignored.

hmmm... The extension adds 3/4". From shoulder to the end of the XL skirt is 5/8". As long as the transition between inner and outer threads is no more than 1/8", this could work. Maybe. Oh Dang. Ranger 7 17.2oz, Griffin XL Taper 2.5oz, extension tube 0.8oz. It's hitting 20 oz not including muzzle device. :-/

All I'm asking for is a Free Lunch. It shouldn't be this complicated. :-)
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:48:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ECCO_Machine:
All of our female Bravo threaded cans and parts are full thread to minimum .5" depth with a 1.32" bore ahead of it to minimum .67" depth.  That is to accommodate adapters like the Plan A, ASR Bravo, etc. with a smooth flange ahead of the threads.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ECCO_Machine:
All of our female Bravo threaded cans and parts are full thread to minimum .5" depth with a 1.32" bore ahead of it to minimum .67" depth.  That is to accommodate adapters like the Plan A, ASR Bravo, etc. with a smooth flange ahead of the threads.
I'll take that as Yes, It will work.

As an aside, I'm much more apt to participate in these conversations if we can leave metric dimensioning out of them.  Threads, OK, but all of our parts and pretty well all other other domestic cans & adapters are designed and dimensioned in decimal inch.  I'm fluent in metric by necessity, but can't stand the system, won't even quote prints furnished with metric dimensions.
Fair 'nuf. I'll hit the units button on my calipers next time around. I just get a little squirrelly in the thinky-bits when mixing Imperial units and decimal points. The two just don't want to mesh.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#35]
I thought exposed threads would carbon lock?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 3:46:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#36]
Originally Posted By Blacktoothgrin:
I thought exposed threads would carbon lock?
View Quote

no.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top