Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
It appears that it was supposed to be heard on Saturday, but now it’s not on the schedule anymore?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AstraPat:
It appears that it was supposed to be heard on Saturday, but now it's not on the schedule anymore?
View Quote
I have an important update.

Capitol insiders are claiming that HB24-1292, the so-called "Assault Weapons Ban" will be heard in Senate State Affairs in an impromptu, unscheduled meeting sometime tomorrow.

As of right now, it's nothing more than another turning in the Capitol rumor mill. However, Sen. James Coleman, who chairs the Senate State Affairs Committee told me yesterday that if it is going to be heard, it will be heard tomorrow

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Any update?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By clean_dude:
Any update?
View Quote

Its not on anyone's schedule for today.

But the previous post said the hearing would be impromptu and unscheduled. So we likely won't know if they slide it in there.

It's a wait and see scenario
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:05:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By pestilence12:

But the previous post said the hearing would be impromptu and unscheduled. So we likely won't know if they slide it in there.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By clean_dude:
Any update?

Man, you just KNOW there are all sorts of backroom deals going down to get the votes to pass this. Probably a lot of the bills passed this session were concessions for those votes. I can't see why they would be running down the clock like this otherwise. The moderates are squeezing the radicals for every drop of political capital they can.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By PointBlank82:

Man, you just KNOW there are all sorts of backroom deals going down to get the votes to pass this. Probably a lot of the bills passed this session were concessions for those votes. I can't see why they would be running down the clock like this otherwise. The moderates are squeezing the radicals for every drop of political capital they can.
View Quote
There's a lot of other bills that are higher on the agenda.

If it's not heard tonight it's dead as this is the final meeting of that committee.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By saigamanTX:

If it's not heard tonight it's dead as this is the final meeting of that committee.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Dead for 2024. These fucks will bring it back alive again next year. The rest of the BS laws they pushed thru this session will kill a lot of Tactical FFLs regardless, and good luck buying standard magazines cash and carry after the CBI fucks start revoking state firearm licenses for non-compliance.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:49:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Dead for 2024. These fucks will bring it back alive again next year. The rest of the BS laws they pushed thru this session will kill a lot of Tactical FFLs regardless, and good luck buying standard magazines cash and carry after the CBI fucks start revoking state firearm licenses for non-compliance.
View Quote

Did the CBI bill pass?

I agree, it'll be back next year without a fuckin doubt. And they'll pass it, too.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:43:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Did the CBI bill pass?

I agree, it'll be back next year without a fuckin doubt. And they'll pass it, too.
View Quote

I think they're waiting to see what the SCOTUS does with the IL and CA AWBs too. If those get struck down, CO will be boned and they know it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#10]
So we are not out of the woods yet? There's rumors they are meeting Monday now and Saturday wasn't the last meeting?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#11]
So we are not out of the woods yet? There's rumors they are meeting Monday now and Saturday wasn't the last meeting?
View Quote

I thought the 8th was the last day?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By norco:

I thought the 8th was the last day?
View Quote
Rmgo sent out a memo that Saturday was the last day likely that the committee would meet.

It's not looking to be the case.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:38:54 PM EDT
[#13]
My shocked face.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:12:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PointBlank82] [#14]
I'm feeling pretty fucking good about all this. Not saying we won't get punked in another year or two, but I think they're satisfied with the BS they pushed thru this round.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:13:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Eh.  If the CBI thing passes fully expect SWAT raids on all your gun stores in 2a sanctuary counties.  

A SWAT team that's gonna be a couple of guys that know what they are about but DGAF about the Constitution at all and 20+ El Salvadoran illegals with CO issue sidearms.  

Not joking - not hyperbole.  

https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb23-1143

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes why do you think the State Government is pushing so hard to validate and incorporate illegal immigrants into our government?

I saw recently they want to "give" drivers licenses to illegal immigrants without any testing or other identifying documentation.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:08:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Rmgo sent out a memo that Saturday was the last day likely that the committee would meet.

It's not looking to be the case.
View Quote

Yeah meeting today, the AWB isn't on the docket, but "any bills can be heard" so its certainly a possibility. Call/email them.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:

Yeah meeting today, the AWB isn't on the docket, but "any bills can be heard" so its certainly a possibility. Call/email them.
View Quote
Already done
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:31:07 PM EDT
[#20]
The excise tax made it out of committee and is going to the Senate floor according to an email from the CSSA.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By uncle_big_green:
The excise tax made it out of committee and is going to the Senate floor according to an email from the CSSA.
View Quote
What has actually made it out of the senate?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#22]
“I think we had an pretty Herculean effort this year, going from first committee death last year to passing an entire chamber,” Hernández said. “About 50 days from now, I will be pulling the bill title for next year. And I’m really looking forward to running it next year as well.”
View Quote

the guy with the foaming-at-the-mouth speech.  trained rabid dog with his one trick.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:58:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

the guy with the foaming-at-the-mouth speech.  trained rabid dog with his one trick.
View Quote
Hernandez is an absolute shit stain
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#24]
This will be back next year. Stay vigilant people!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:57:52 PM EDT
[#25]
This will be back next year. Stay vigilant people!
View Quote
We need to do our best this November to flip either the Senate or house.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:48:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kalmah] [#26]
What has actually made it out of the senate?
View Quote

From RMGO yesterday.  Things are moving quickly, so some it may already be out of date...

Bill Update | 05/06/24
With three days left:
SB24-003 - Additional funding for CBI - on the Governor's desk.
SB24-066 - Gun Purchase Tracking - Signed into Law.
HB24-1174 - Live fire Concealed Carry - on the Governor's desk.
SB24-131 - Campus Carry Ban - on the Governor's desk.

HB24-1270 - Gun Owner Liability Insurance Mandate - waiting to be heard on the Senate Floor for Second Reading.
HB24-1310 - School Resource Officer Training Mandates - Died in House Education Committee.
HB24-1348 - Safe Storage in Cars - Conference Committee.
HB24-1349 - Guns and Ammo Tax - Waiting to be heard on the Senate Floor for Second Reading.
HB24-1353 - State Permit for Gun Shops - Waiting to be heard on the Senate Floor for Second Reading.
HB24-1292 - Semi-Auto Ban- Senate State Affairs Committee (no hearing date set) - now dead
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:13:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Kalmah:

From RMGO yesterday.  Things are moving quickly, so some it may already be out of date...

Bill Update | 05/06/24
With three days left:
SB24-003 - Additional funding for CBI - on the Governor's desk.
SB24-066 - Gun Purchase Tracking - Signed into Law.
HB24-1174 - Live fire Concealed Carry - on the Governor's desk.
SB24-131 - Campus Carry Ban - on the Governor's desk.

HB24-1270 - Gun Owner Liability Insurance Mandate - waiting to be heard on the Senate Floor for Second Reading.
HB24-1310 - School Resource Officer Training Mandates - Died in House Education Committee.
HB24-1348 - Safe Storage in Cars - Conference Committee.
HB24-1349 - Guns and Ammo Tax - Waiting to be heard on the Senate Floor for Second Reading.
HB24-1353 - State Permit for Gun Shops - Waiting to be heard on the Senate Floor for Second Reading.
HB24-1292 - Semi-Auto Ban- Senate State Affairs Committee (no hearing date set) - now dead
View Quote

So Gun Purchase tracking is now law in Colorado. Maybe we can surpass California in (lack of) gun rights now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:15:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for the update. What time tomorrow does this session officially end? 2359.59?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By djkest:

So Gun Purchase tracking is now law in Colorado. Maybe we can surpass California in (lack of) gun rights now.
View Quote

Yup. They track it all now. Ammo, guns, etc. If you go over some ethereal amount of money in some ethereal amount of time, they'll investigate you as an "active shooter threat".

Visa card paid for with cash. Or F2F purchase in cash only.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Yup. They track it all now. Ammo, guns, etc. If you go over some ethereal amount of money in some ethereal amount of time, they'll investigate you as an "active shooter threat".

View Quote
Or....everyone buy gun shit with cards.  Every...goddamn...week.  

Go buy a box of ammo, or earpro, or anything.   Everyone.  Its time for it to snow as hard as possible.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:06:09 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

So, when does this law take effect?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Mick214:

So, when does this law take effect?
View Quote

Next year if I'm not mistaken
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Next year if I'm not mistaken
View Quote

Check!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#34]
I emailed Polis about a week ago asking him to veto HB24-1174 - the Live fire Concealed Carry bill.  I said it doesn't solve any problems, and only serves to put additional burdens on law-abiding citizens who choose to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Sensitive spaces bill reportedly dead.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Aint that a damn shame.

It'll be back next year I bet.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:43:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harlikwin] [#37]
Yeah do we have a status report on what has passed or might pass?

I think the CBI thing did?

Increased CCW training? IDK?

More gun taxes? IDK?

HB24-1270 “Liability Insurance” has been laid over until tomorrow. Meaning there will be no time to pass it before session ends. Liability Insurance mandate is DEAD!!

SB24-107 a bill to increase the list of prohibited persons is dead!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:55:36 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

How? I thought it was at the governor's desk for signature.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#39]
From an email I just received from the CSSA.

Today, May 8th, is the final day of the 2024 legislative session in Colorado.

Of the anti-gun bills, we have thus far defeated — thanks to CSSA’s supporters and their dedication to the cause — the “Assault Weapons Ban” (HB24-1292), and the SLOWER bill (HB24-1310).

Five anti-gun bills have passed the legislature and are awaiting Polis’ signature. They are as follows:

1. (SB24-131) “Sensitive Spaces” - A ban on college campus carry.

2. (HB24-1174) “Concealed Carry Permits & Training” - An arbitrary increase in the requirements to obtain a concealed carry permit.

3. (SB24-003) CBI “Gun Police” - Sends the CBI knocking on your door if you fail a background check, even if you only failed due to a clerical error.

4. (SB24-066) “Firearms Merchant Category Code” - A backdoor gun-owner registry.

5. (HB24-1353) “Firearms Dealer Requirements & Permit” - A mandatory $400 state permit for gun stores.

Three others are still pending in the legislature. They are as follows:

1. (HB24-1270) “Firearm Liability Insurance Requirement” - Mandates the procurement of a type of insurance policy that doesn’t exist as a condition for legal gun ownership.

2. (HB24-1349) “Firearms & Ammunition Excise Tax” - Imposes a “sin tax” on firearms.

3. (HB24-1348) “Secure Firearm Storage in a Vehicle” - Requires firearms in vehicles to be stored in a locked case out of view.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:36:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harlikwin] [#40]
Originally Posted By TheRat:

How? I thought it was at the governor's desk for signature.
View Quote

Per RMGO the sponsor tried to slip in a you loose all your gun rights if you are caught carrying in one, which was a no-go apparently.

IDK, there seems to be quite a bit of conflicting info on it.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:53:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheRat] [#41]

Per RMGO the sponsor tried to slip in a you loose all your gun rights if you are caught carrying in one, which was a no-go apparently.

IDK, there seems to be quite a bit of conflicting info on it.

View Quote

Weird, I'm no lawyer but I'm not seeing anything about that in the bill body as of right now. https://leg.colorado.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2024A/bills/2024a_131_enr.pdf

Says it's a class 1 misdemeanor, which Google is telling me doesn't impact gun ownership rights unless it's for domestic violence or extraordinary risk. But again I'm no lawyer, I don't know how that all plays out.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By TheRat:

Weird, I'm no lawyer but I'm not seeing anything about that in the bill body as of right now. https://leg.colorado.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2024A/bills/2024a_131_enr.pdf

Says it's a class 1 misdemeanor, which Google is telling me doesn't impact gun ownership rights unless it's for domestic violence or extraordinary risk. But again I'm no lawyer, I don't know how that all plays out.
View Quote

This is per RMGO, so maybe it was added to this other bill.

SB24-107 a bill to increase the list of prohibited persons is dead!

Capitol insiders had informed us that Sen. Julie Gonzales was planning to run an amendment to add “carrying in a sensitive space” as criteria to lose your gun rights. That will not be happening this year!
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:04:28 PM EDT
[#43]
SB24-131 will fuck me over hard due to where I work  

God I hate Denver communists
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#44]
I love how the gun store licensing thing was created as a felony offense.  

This is the reasoning that the CBI will use to execute SWAT raids with Bearcat's and 60 dudes in Multicam and plates on gun store owners to see if they can get their CONUS kills for selling mags.  

It all snaps together, and their intent is to kill you.  Never forget.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Anyone know the following on the new CCW rules.

This takes effect next year june 2025. If I renew mine before then will it just work under the current system?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:30:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone know the following on the new CCW rules.

This takes effect next year june 2025. If I renew mine before then will it just work under the current system?
View Quote

No, that won't work. Under the current law, you can renew your permit up to 120 days before expiration. I was hoping to do the same, but that plan won't work as I expire in 2028.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:48:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Solarian:

No, that won't work. Under the current law, you can renew your permit up to 120 days before expiration. I was hoping to do the same, but that plan won't work as I expire in 2028.
View Quote

Well crap. So I Assume we at least qualify for sort of refresher.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#48]
from RMGO:

Here is where we ended up with what turned out to be ELEVEN gun control bills filed this session.

HB24-1292 "Assault Weapons" Ban   Died in Senate State Affairs Committee Unanimously
SB24-131 "Church Carry Ban"   Sent to Governor's Desk
HB24-1348 "Safe Storage in Vehicles"   Sent to Governor's Desk
SB24-066 "Gun Purchase Tracking"   Signed into Law by the Governor
SB24-003 "CBI Gestapo"   Sent to the Governor's Desk
HB24-1174 "Live-fire Concealed Carry"   Sent to the Governor's Desk
HB24-1270 "Liability Insurance Mandate"   Died on the Calendar
HB24-1353 "Gun Shop Extinction"   Sent to the Governors Desk
HB24-1310 "Disarming School Safety Officers"   Died in the House Education Committee
HB24-1349 "Guns and Ammo Tax"   Sent to the Governor's Desk

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Looks like most of the bills passed, and are now awaiting the governor's signature.  I'm sure he'll be happy to sign them all.  "Libertarian" Polis never met a gun control bill he didn't like.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Kalmah:
Looks like most of the bills passed, and are now awaiting the governor's signature.  I'm sure he'll be happy to sign them all.  "Libertarian" Polis never met a gun control bill he didn't like.
View Quote

Email his ass. its the last email you have to write and it might work for a few.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top